WoW - 4th Anniversary - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Default WoW - 4th Anniversary

Apparently its today, the reason I've raised it is for anyone who hasn't logged lately, or has been thinking about going back.
Today due to the anniversary if you log Blizz Dev team are issuing an automatic 4th Anniversary Achievement, but more important a Blizzard baby Polar Bear pet via the mailbox.

Just thought I'd let folks know, as no one is certain if it is just for today.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 12:31 PM

Terrible game -.-

I always knew I was an unwanted child when my bathtoys were an electric toaster and an alarm clock radio.http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6067&dateline=1226929  578

Currently playing:
Venomspam Dark Eldar, Dragiowing, Russel Crowe and his purifier buddies, Space wolves, Heresy Worldeaters (Countas BA)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbo View Post
Terrible game -.-
Thanks for not adding anything to the thread there.

May I suggest you go look at these threads instead. This thread is obviously not asking you what you think of the game, these are.

Vote for Worst Game Ever!

diss World of Warcraft

W.O.W = why?

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii in Space View Post
Thanks for not adding anything to the thread there.

May I suggest you go look at these threads instead. This thread is obviously not asking you what you think of the game, these are.

[/URL]
Blah blah, freedom of speech and all that.

Ofcourse I added something to the thread. Thanks to me I have expanded this from a poor one fact thread to a debate which people can get involved in.

I'm sure right now I have enlightened you and you are no doubt thanking me, but you are very welcome.

I always knew I was an unwanted child when my bathtoys were an electric toaster and an alarm clock radio.http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6067&dateline=1226929  578

Currently playing:
Venomspam Dark Eldar, Dragiowing, Russel Crowe and his purifier buddies, Space wolves, Heresy Worldeaters (Countas BA)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

As various Mods have said many times there is no freedom of Speech on heresy, you want that go stand on a street corner.

Anyway fine if you want a debate, cool, but you need to bring more to the table than 'Terrible Game.'

---------------
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 03:39 PM

Quote:
As various Mods have said many times there is no freedom of Speech on heresy, you want that go stand on a street corner.

Anyway fine if you want a debate, cool, but you need to bring more to the table than 'Terrible Game.'
On the contrary my answer of "Terrible Game" has already sparked a nice little discussion between me and you. By debating with me that it isn't enough to start a debate you have started one.

Currently playing:
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

Well to be fair you've dicussed nothing, you made a couple of meaningless comments after trying to hijack a thread for the benefit of other WoW players and when I final offer you the chance to discuss your view, once again you respond with nothing.

Are we actually going to hear why you think its a terrible game, or are you actually trying to be clever on an interwebs forum? In which case I conceed good sir, you win the Internets.

---------------
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Well to be fair you've dicussed nothing, you made a couple of meaningless comments after trying to hijack a thread for the benefit of other WoW players and when I final offer you the chance to discuss your view, once again you respond with nothing.

Are we actually going to hear why you think its a terrible game, or are you actually trying to be clever on an interwebs forum? In which case I conceed good sir, you win the Internets.
Sweet, is there a prize? Also as for why I think its a terrible game, people seem to get far to addicted to it. Plus it suffers from the usual "If you buy this expansion pack, you can get an advantage over the players who don't buy it" syndrome.

But yes I shall leave you to your little polar bear things ;)

Also I think the polarbear was a terrible choice as a reward item, aswell as the panda. Maybe we can debate this?

Currently playing:
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

But it sits down. Its so cute and an awesome pet. Although my main does collect pets so I may not be the most neutral person on this one.

As to your points, well in my view addiction is the players problem, not the game, so hardly a reason to tar and feather it. For example the guild I belong to is casual, we don't play every hour sent, some days we don't play at all. Yet even though we are casual we have a lot of fun, and most of us have deccent ish gear. Nothing 25man mind you, with most of us married with kids, we haven't got that kind of dedication or time. But just before Wrath most of the core players where 70 and Sunwell ready gear wise, I am sure give us a year, we'll be able to take on anything up to the 25mans again, of course this time Blizz has made it so the 25mans have 10mans with slightly less epic gear so we will get to see all the final content which is a bonus.

Expansions are part of MMO life, if you don't like it fair enough but it doesn't make it a terrible game. Of course folks can choose not to buy it and I hear there are folks happily still playing in the Lvl 60 BG's and old World raids with no intention of going any higher, more power to them.

On a side note, Wrath was an expansion I personally was weary of, one new Class, Death Knight a bit meh, no new races and lots of ideas which seemed more in theme in worrying about what WaR was doing rather than WoW. However after playing for the last week, the quest lines they have come up for Wrath have been sublime, some of the best stories, interactions and actual activities that I have seen since I began two years ago.

Yes kill quests are still there, they always will be, but in Wrath instead of just typical go kill 10 fellas over there, I've had go trample 10 fellas on a mammoth. Use a Storm Giant to defeat three Lvl 78-80 elites while you are only Lvl 74ish and loads of other quest ideas such as pretending to be Scourge for an entire questline and even silly things such as catching chickens and butchering Turkeys.

However the game is still smooth, fun to play and made all the sweeter for the social interactions it gives via being in a guild. Okay maybe not PuG's, but a good guild makes the game worth all the while.

---------------
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 06:13 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I like how this has turned into a pissing contest between Druchii and Gobbo lol

I logged on my Death Knight and got my baby polar bear...if you haven't already learned any other pets it also gives you the "Can I Keep Him?" achievement.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode