PS3 vs. 360? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Default PS3 vs. 360?

Brought up in my college course today so I was wondering what do you guys think is the better console, the PS3 or the 360?

keep in mind that I would like properly thought out answers with valid reasons and backing of statements. no "360 rulez coz ps3 is gay!" only valid reasons for it.

Personally for me it's the ps3 because:
1. My old 360 broke down 6 times within 18 months, my ps3 hasn't once in that time.

2. it doesn't sound like a small car when it's powering up.

3. when it came out people complained that it was expensive but compared to the 360 it saved money because comparing the basic ps3 at the time(60gb) to the basic 360(20gb, core woukld be too mean to do) the 360 had to have a HD-DVD drive, a play and charge kit and 2 more hard drives to come up to the same standard as the PS3, all that adding up to at least 680 euro whereas the PS3 was only 630.

but then the 360 does have it's up sides with more exclusives, more games out and being able to start off fairly cheap instead of dishing out a bollock-load in one go.

so waht do you guys and gals think?

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 02:42 PM

Underground Heretic's Flag is: USA

I personally liked Zero Punctation's Review. Beware: Large Amounts of Sarcasm

That which doesn't kill me has made a tactical mistake.

Rites of Battle Your source for 40k opinions, news, and hobby updates.
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 04:01 PM

when in doubt, shoot!'s Flag is: Scotland

that is a really good video! Anyways I prefer ps3. There's too many reasons why I like it more than anything else on the market. One of them; resistance. Another; Killzone. That's my 2 cents

Back to business!
post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 04:12 PM

cooldudeskillz's Flag is: United Kingdom

i have bothe and its the xbox for me, and for one reason:

the games on it, gears of war, halo etc. It should be the games which decide which is the better console to have.

iin terms of machinery the ps3 AND NOT IN GRAPHICS!!! i hate people who think the ps3 games have better graphics than 360 ones. BY "machinery" i mean it has a blu-ray player built in, a wireless connection bulit in where the 360 doesnt. also better fans

now to make this clear for people who think the ps3 has better graphics than the 360.
the ps3 has a better shader than the 360 which means you get better shadows, however the 360 has better lighting which means better sunlight and reflections etc.
that is the only diffirence between 2 games that are the same on the 360 and ps3.

Daemons
W:9 D:0 L:0

Chaos Marines
W:21 D:2 L:3

If you want peace.....prepare for war!
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 04:18 PM
Haraldrr's Flag is: England

Tis the xbox for me, here are some reasons

1.The graphics are the same
2.Who the fuck need blu-ray?
3.360 has got better games
4.For some reason, sony has made its consoles bigger (cept psp) whilst microsoft have made 360 thinner than old xbox
5.The wii is getting more sales than ps3's
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 05:25 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

oh dear, its Picard time

also 360 sounds like a small car?.........what 360's have you been using, ones off of markets in shady streets or something.

at least the 360 doesn't bog you down with useless items, Blu-ray player?....you mean DVD player with higher prices?
and the HD player is seperate thank christ, probably cus 360 realize HD is no better than normal DVD and only brought it out to please the unwashed masses

post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 05:37 PM

magician847's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
oh dear, its Picard time

also 360 sounds like a small car?.........what 360's have you been using, ones off of markets in shady streets or something.

at least the 360 doesn't bog you down with useless items, Blu-ray player?....you mean DVD player with higher prices?
and the HD player is seperate thank christ, probably cus 360 realize HD is no better than normal DVD and only brought it out to please the unwashed masses
if you actually look at them side by side, actually SIDE BY SIDE, HD is far better than normal quality, and blu-ray is gonna get rid of dvd, you watch! there will soon be no dvd's left on the shelves (all gone (not sold))

and anyways, why would you want to give your money to microsoft? they make shit games and consoles, should stick to making buissiness software (what they are slightly good at) and leave it at that. my message to bill gates: YOU have ENOUGH MONEY, GIVE UP ALLREADY!!!

just my 2 cents!

thanks!

oh, and at brother wulox: i can actually play all xbox games on my ps3, along with nintendo games and pc software, you cant do THAT on your stinking XBOX 360!, whats next? xbox 720? how ORIGIONAL!

sorry for my nastiness guys, just had parents evening, bad mood...

M

Apostles Of Vengeance Truescale Space Marines:
Sergeant Sigorn: 99%
Tactical Squad Themis: 10%

Follow them here

Void Miniatures Commissions Service

Last edited by magician847; 11-10-08 at 05:39 PM.
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 06:04 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician847 View Post
if you actually look at them side by side, actually SIDE BY SIDE, HD is far better than normal quality,
not enough to make it worth an extra 10, or make me buy a HD player
Quote:
and blu-ray is gonna get rid of dvd, you watch! there will soon be no dvd's left on the shelves (all gone (not sold))
well as long as the companies replace my damaged DVD's for free with blu-ray, because of it being an inconvenience then I don't mind, also they can give me a blu-ray player for free, again because its an inconvenience to me, oh and if they can also drop there prices by 10-15 then thats fine, as they say the customer is always right.
Quote:
oh, and at brother wulox: i can actually play all xbox games on my ps3, along with nintendo games and pc software, you cant do THAT on your stinking XBOX 360!
why would I want to?, no PS3 games interest me, and they cost more, no nintendo games are actually any good, and I have a PC for PC sofware, why do I want it on my Games Console?

post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Not trying to provoke anyone hear who is "anti-bluray" but have any of ye seen it being played beside either HD-dvd or normal dvd? I've never seen so many shades of green(planet earth) also so much more can be held on them, around 28 times as much as a normal disc.

oh and Stella my first 360 was from gamestop, the biggest games retailer in the world, the rest were sent from microspft after being "repaired". got rid of it for the 60gb console which apparently is a lot more stable now....

And as cooldudeskillz said ther is very little between them in terms of graphics equipment wise I have noticed that PS3 games seem much clearer and realistic. GTA IV, timeshift, fallout 3, al the major releases in the past year I've checked by having both my ps3 and 360 running them at the same time and although they have a similar level of graphics the ps3 gives the game a clarity that lets you see the graphics better on it.
blu-ray is taking over the same as video was taken over by DVD. it's inevitable. gamestop have officially stopped stocking new DVDs and have gone completely bluray bar the used which they're selling off for half nothing now

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

Last edited by Lord Reevan; 11-10-08 at 06:11 PM.
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 06:26 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

The main problem with the PS3 is that it markets itself as something that it's not. I've heard so much about the problems with backwards compatibility when the community was promised otherwise. At least MS never assured the community "EVERYTHING WILL WORK".

Secondly, the Cell processor is apparently a real son of a bitch to program for. Programmers struggle to effectively utilize a dual core system, let alone something with 5 cores. (5 Effective, that is. From what I understand, one core is dedicated to the OS and the other is for redundancy etc.)

Thirdly, where are all the amazing exclusives?! I understand that there are a lot of games being released multi-format, but when buying a console, I also look at the scope of exclusives, otherwise I'd just stay with my PC.

As for BluRay, well, a lot of people are being ripped off. Any movie older than 4 or 5 years that's released on BD isn't going to have been filmed to be HD capable. All that it does is force upscaling, which, if anything, has been known to often degrade quality.

Personally, I'll stick with my PC and 360, but to each their own.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode