PS3 vs. 360? - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 07:04 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
Just get a PC and you'll never have to spend another dime.

LX
As part of an amatuer game design group and a PC gamer myself, I feel I can heartily say 'fuck you'. Not you specifically, but this whole attitude that games are free to download and never have to worry about paying is okay. It's because of this attitude that developers decide to use shitty DRM, which leads to gamers getting truly fucked over like this. I myself now can't play Bioshock (Now I've finally got a copy that's not broken) because the 2K servers appear to be down.
Download games, sure. But if you like them, bloody well buy them! Not doing so is killing the industry. Musicians make most of their money on merch, endorsemernts and touring. Game devs have none of these. and it's bloody hard work to boot.

Right. Rant over. As you were, gents.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 08:12 PM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

when the 360 was released it had alot more games with more games coming out a lot fastest and the fail rate had never been an issue because if it breaks down you just get given a new one free of charge within a week.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
post #73 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 08:40 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFatty View Post
the controller fits perfectly in my hand

Really? Even the slightly larger PS2 controllers were tiny for me, they hurt to hold after a while. The 360's is perfect for my hands, the triggers are right there, instead of having to make my fingers into bendy-straws trying to kill somebody.

I still think that the major WTF for the PS3 is the price. A PS3 went for something like 550$ when it came out, with 60$ games. At this point the 360 was 350$ and had games from Xbox that went for 20$. Plus, the sales figures don't lie. The Nintendo DS is outselling all three consoles put together, then the Wii, then the 360, and finally, in last place, the PS3. People love it, but for me, it's not gaming. I would buy a PS3 if I was fanatical about media. Music and movies, yes. It's better. You don't have to buy that extra thing to play HD. But A: Blu-ray is a dead end technology, and B: I don't particularly care if I can count the beard stubbles on Keanu Reeves' face, standard def is fine. It seems to me that the 360 is made for games. The PS3 is made for media. The Wii is made for groups.

Plus, have you noticed the ridiculously different numbers of games? Most PS3 games are cross-consoled Xbox games. Developed by Microsoft, or one of it's close companies.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #74 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 11:17 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
Just get a PC and you'll never have to spend another dime.

LX
BULL!!, you have to spend money upgrading it for the latest games, upgrading software, if your a serious gamer then buying all those fancy new graphics cards that let you see every bit of shading on Lara sluts nipples etc etc, not to mention everyone keeps going on about how a PC is out of date the moment you buy it, AND not to mention buying the games and all there expansions (something consoles are including as an all in one thing now), unless of course you like doing it the illegal way, of which I spit on those who do.

in the end you'll have to spend more using a PC than you would a console

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 01-08-09 at 11:19 PM.
post #75 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 11:21 PM
Ninja

marxalvia's Flag is: USA

X-box 360 vs PS3

Game choices- 360
Graphics- PS3
Controls- 360
music- PS3
movies- PS3
Reliability- PS3

overall- PS3 wins

(p.s. I own both)
post #76 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 11:38 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

actually graphics should be both PS3 and 360, PS3 is sharper, but 360 has a better range of colors.

so for example a wall on the PS3 will look very detailed to the extreme (a little pointless if you ask me), but on 360 it will have a greater variety of color.

and how does Music come into it?, they both play music, they both Movies as well for that matter, its just one isn't lumbered with a pointless ray player

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 01-09-09 at 12:11 AM.
post #77 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 11:44 PM
Ninja

marxalvia's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
and how does Music come into it?, they both play music, they both play music for that matter, its just one isn't lumbered with a pointless ray player
The reason why I put it in there is because between the two I can hear some difference in sound between them and thought that the PS3 had a clearer sound to it.
post #78 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 12:22 AM

Realy people... your kind of aurguing over the details, "the PS3 had a clearer sound to it" your playing the game to kill people and cause mass destruction (If your playing the same games as me) not to listen to the background music (If you want to listen to the music, download it off the web). If you like the games on the 360 more, there is no question... at least the way I see it anyway. I thaught graphics were good enughf about the time of the first Halo, they got the job done, you dont need all the minute details that were in halo 3, and people complain about that having crapy graphics... graphics, sound etc just seems secondary to the game itself to me.

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of
post #79 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

has anyone got a fault in their 360s that wasn't any red light it just stopped the game your playing and slid on screen "error, Abort"? I got a 60gb 360 in october and it's happened twice....

about the Graphics Stella is right though. 360 will have more detailed colours which means cel shaded games would look much better on it, prince of persia did to me. However the PS3 has much better textures so texture heavy games like fallout look much better on it. Music I think 360 wins. not on actual quality but for being able to play music during the game is a huge plus for me. on PS3 its a per game basis and not many, if any, have it.

Thing with bluray is Sony built the PS3 for a more future focused market that they believed would be around now but that was slow coming. thus the 10 year plan on ps3. the 360 had only a 4 year plan and that's including all the different models of it..... when HD tvs are as common as SD tvs then the PS3 would be bigger as it is esigned for them. 360 had that added in later, hence the lack of hdmi slots in the older consoles.

With the games there wasn't much more released on 360 on launch day than ps3 but they did release new ones faster. that is mainly due to sony losing a lot of their exclusives to Microsoft and making new contracts with their current exclusives. They're trying to keep as many games as they can. Rugby and F1 both had their contracts run out early last year but are still in talks with sony for a new contract.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #80 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 06:56 AM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

On choice of games the 360 does win, but the graphics for the 360 are better for the moment because the ps3 is hard to code for meaning most game makers can't be bothered as it takes a long time to make a slight improvement to graphics. While the ps3 does have better music quality you can play music in game, and there's nothing like chainlancing a locust to the rammstein soundtrack. Again the ps3 controller must be designed for a child because it's tiny and forces you to adopt uncomfortable hand positions. But then the ps3 has better reliability and better film capabilities( only using blue ray discs, which isn't alot of films yet) The bottom line is the xbox 360 is based around gaming with most of it's features improving the gaming experience, while the ps3 is a media centre with a console in it and killzone 2 soon. It depends on what you want to which is better.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode