PS3 vs. 360? - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-03-08, 05:34 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFatty View Post
also wikipedia has a page on the 350s defects
oh goody, a page written by PS3 fanbois showing all the shortcomings of a console they denounce, good source.

I'm assuming out of fairness they also do a page of its advantages?.....maybe not, that would be far too logical

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-03-08, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Stella's right Wikipedia is pointless for solid information on a largely debatable topic like this.... it can be changed by anyone so eejits can write whatever they want about it...

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #63 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 03:39 AM

Hidemons's Flag is: Costa Rica

Quote:
oh goody, a page written by PS3 fanbois showing all the shortcomings of a console they denounce, good source.

I'm assuming out of fairness they also do a page of its advantages?.....maybe not, that would be far too logical
Quote:
Stella's right Wikipedia is pointless for solid information on a largely debatable topic like this.... it can be changed by anyone so eejits can write whatever they want about it...
Yet by that same argument surely there would be a page about PS3 defects.

uhhh nope.

Is fancy bread in the heart or in the head
post #64 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 03:42 AM

wow I'm a senior member when did that happen?

post #65 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 06:42 AM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

The ps3 doesnt have any mayor defects, but has much less games, ins't for serious gamers like the 360 and isn't for casual gamers like the wii. It's expensive has a worse online mode, a rubbish controller and no gamer profile, and to top that off it can't run as big games so games like gta 4 have to be made worse to fit on a ps3. And the xbox does get the red ring of death more than I would like(once for me), but who cares when Microsoft give you a free new one or fix your old one when it does get the red ring of death.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead

Last edited by Zondarian; 01-08-09 at 05:51 PM.
post #66 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondarian View Post
The ps3 doesnt have any mayor defects, but has much less games, ins't for serious gamers like the 360 and isn't for casual gamers like the wii. It's expensive has a worse online mode, a rubbish controller and no gamer profile, and to top that off it can't run as big games so games like gta 4 have to be made worse to fit on a ps3. And the xbox does get the red ring of death more than I would like(once for me), but who cares when Microsoft give you a new one or fix your old one when it does get the red ring of death.
Many, many, MANY serious gamers play PS3, there's no compromise in quality in game play. Wii does suck ass. Its controller is classic and in my opinion well shaped for hands. It can run bigger games than Xbox 360 but what people criticize is the difficulty of the actual making of games. And you're out of luck in terms of with that Disc scratching problem. Hahaha. I read a newspaper article about how Microsoft actively knew about the problem before it came out but didn't change it because they wanted to put it out early. The PS3 is a beast.

post #67 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 11:52 AM
The Omnipotent

CaptainFatty's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidemons View Post
Many, many, MANY serious gamers play PS3, there's no compromise in quality in game play. Wii does suck ass. Its controller is classic and in my opinion well shaped for hands. It can run bigger games than Xbox 360 but what people criticize is the difficulty of the actual making of games. And you're out of luck in terms of with that Disc scratching problem. Hahaha. I read a newspaper article about how Microsoft actively knew about the problem before it came out but didn't change it because they wanted to put it out early. The PS3 is a beast.
damn right
im a serious gamer (kind of i guess), the controller fits perfectly in my hand (unlike the 360s), and ive never had a problem with it

one person i know has had a problem with their ps3 (and that includes minor problems, and its still one person), and more than 90% of 360s i know have RRoD'd (this is not an eggagration)

the only problem is that the ps3 is harder to code for, thats why the games are of lesser quality (for now)

I am the devourer of worlds and the plunderer of planets. I am the bane of races, the destroyer of intelligence. I am the omnipotent and you will all bow before me.
post #68 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 05:56 PM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

If you say there is no compromise in quality your wrong, sony themselves have admitted it. And when I say its not for serious gamers I mean that far to many of there games are aimed at the casual audience, meaning you lose out on games like gears of war. And yes microsoft did release it knowing there were issues with the console but then again Sony released the PS3 knowing that they didn't have a game base even half the size that they promised people.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
post #69 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 06:15 PM

LegendX's Flag is: USA

Just get a PC and you'll never have to spend another dime.

LX

With the new Tyranids codex, I have returned!

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you are free to do anything." -Fight Club
post #70 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

games that are aimed at the caual market are on every console in bucket loads. it's not like 360 has only serious games. And what really defines a serious gamer game? I'm a serious gamer but I only play casually due to time allowances. does that make me not a serious gamer?

And seriously what would you prefer to have? a console that has so far had a 38% fail rate or one that was released with only 60% of the games they were aiming ot have at release? And when 360 came out thay had a simialr amount of games out so there's n oreal issue there..... if 360 and PS3 were released at the same time but had all the same problems as they do there would be a simialr amount of games on each....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode