PS3 vs. 360? - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 10:29 AM

cooldudeskillz's Flag is: United Kingdom

when i said costs about 4 times as much i was over exaggerating, maybe like twice as much money, i do like pc's alot, but to play shooters i prefer consoles, there just better, but for rts's the pc is alot better, and for the pc you have to upgarde like every 3 years, to keep up with the games,( if you want them tot un high) however with the 360 you can play high quality games for like 4 years maybe even more.

Daemons
W:9 D:0 L:0

Chaos Marines
W:21 D:2 L:3

If you want peace.....prepare for war!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 05:53 PM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldudeskillz View Post
when i said costs about 4 times as much i was over exaggerating, maybe like twice as much money, i do like pc's alot, but to play shooters i prefer consoles, there just better, but for rts's the pc is alot better, and for the pc you have to upgarde like every 3 years, to keep up with the games,( if you want them tot un high) however with the 360 you can play high quality games for like 4 years maybe even more.
Last thing I'm gonna say on the whole matter is how PCs are technically far superior to consoles in terms of FPS. On a console, you're limited by the max scroll speed on the analogue sticks, and perfectly fluid motion on the sticks is a requirement, but is actually pretty hard to get used to. On a PC though, you're turning speed is only limited by how fast and how far you move your hand. Sniping on a console is stupidly hard and fiddly - do it on a pc and it's no problem at all.
post #53 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 08:38 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenburned View Post
Last thing I'm gonna say on the whole matter is how PCs are technically far superior to consoles in terms of FPS. On a console, you're limited by the max scroll speed on the analogue sticks, and perfectly fluid motion on the sticks is a requirement, but is actually pretty hard to get used to. On a PC though, you're turning speed is only limited by how fast and how far you move your hand. Sniping on a console is stupidly hard and fiddly - do it on a pc and it's no problem at all.
actually I have to disagree, I can't for the life of me play an FPS on PC I find a mouse inaccurate, slow, harder to aim with and just generally uncomfortable, a PC's only place is for RTS games (which consoles can do just as well anyway now), on the 360 (and a realistic game) I can zoom and snipe someone running with a perfect headshot with 1 round in less than a second, less then half a second in some situations (yes I know, a little bragging but thats what everyone does), on a PC, i'd be lucky to shoot somone after 10 seconds with the mouse moving all over the place.

post #54 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 09:20 PM

The_Inquisitor's Flag is: Wales

OK as I said before I choose PS3 but could you all just stop arguing with the PC gamers. You can't win. A PC will always and I mean always be more capable of playing games than a console. What the hell do you think they make the console games on? Anyone who is supporting the PC side of this argument can't lose. Its a fact, sorry.

PS3 rocks, peace out

L.
post #55 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

The PC is the dominant Machine technology wise and that makes it superior. the games is mere opinion and there's be no point argueing about if FPS are better on PC than on console. PLease Remember the thread name guys PS3 Vs. 360, not PC kicks dick. I'd prefer to keep this thread true to the original post.

Abput the PS3 being harder to code for, It is true it is harder to code for but take GTA IV, it was harder to code for on PS3 so they didn't use the full potential and it still looked better than the 360 (360 has brighter colours, PS3 has better shadowing and more realistic lighting effects) sooner or later, as happens with everything, programming for PS3 will become easier and there will be a huge increase in performance and visuals then...

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #56 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 07:26 AM
The Omnipotent

CaptainFatty's Flag is: Australia

why has pc come into this?

but still...mine was about $800 australian and kicks ass - cheap-ish and awesome

I am the devourer of worlds and the plunderer of planets. I am the bane of races, the destroyer of intelligence. I am the omnipotent and you will all bow before me.
post #57 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Please have something in your posts that relate to the thread itself and try and stop this tangent of PCs....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #58 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 04:51 PM

I have to go with the PS3, mostly because of the exclusives that were slotted for it including God of War 3 and Gran Turismo. Though on the line of Blue Ray, the one thing I havent seen people talk about here is that if you actually have a GOOD sound system, the uncompressed sound that is taking up most of the space on that disc is beautiful.
post #59 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-30-08, 05:03 PM

kaede's Flag is: United Kingdom

I swear my soul and flesh to the PS3.

Never has it ever disappointed me.
post #60 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-03-08, 02:03 AM
The Omnipotent

CaptainFatty's Flag is: Australia

also wikipedia has a page on the 360s defects

i couldnt find a ps3 page

I am the devourer of worlds and the plunderer of planets. I am the bane of races, the destroyer of intelligence. I am the omnipotent and you will all bow before me.

Last edited by CaptainFatty; 12-04-08 at 09:50 AM. Reason: misspelled 360 (yes stupid)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode