PS3 vs. 360? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 01:45 AM

I'm to lazy to read all four pages, so dont yell at me if I'm saying somthing already said.
It boils down to the X-Box isnt as well made and has less memory, but the PS3 has not as many games, and in my opinion the 360 has better games. In the end, the PC just wins against all.

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Inquisitor View Post
Plus, the PS3 is going to last far longer. Before long all the XBOX fans will have to buy a new console. The PS3 on the other hand has the graphical and technological potential to go on for far longer. Can't remember where but I read that a high end title such as GTA IV used 98% of the 360's potential but only 15% percent of the PS3. Already the 360 is reaching it's limits to keep up with Sony and sooner or later they will inevitably fall behind.
L

The 360 representative for Ireland said that the 360 used at least 90% of the 360's power. Sony Rep said 23% I think, Wasn't at work when the sony rep came in. Also agree on the ps3 lasting longer.

But then there's the whole thing that the 360 was out much longer and has a fairly solid grip on the market because of that.... It's still hugely popular that being technologically inferior won't matter. Hell I bought it for the exclusives and it has damn fine ones. Any dual format games I get for the ps3 because I find they play better but that could be coz I love the controller.... had one since I can remember ( about 4 months ago:tongue

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

Last edited by Lord Reevan; 11-17-08 at 10:53 PM.
post #43 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 10:53 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
The 360 representative for Ireland said that the 360 used at least 90% of the 360's power. Sony Rep said 23% I think, Wasn't at work when the sony rep came in. Also agree on the ps3 lasting longer.
my income lasts longer on a 360, thats all thats important

post #44 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-18-08, 05:13 AM

Hidemons's Flag is: Costa Rica

Dude what??!! I've heard so much BS regarding the PS3. (I'm a PS3 fan if you can't tell)

First off,
Quote:
As for BluRay, well, a lot of people are being ripped off. Any movie older than 4 or 5 years that's released on BD isn't going to have been filmed to be HD capable. All that it does is force upscaling, which, if anything, has been known to often degrade quality.
What?! So you're saying that films that aren't 4 to 5 year current are not capable of being Blue-ray. Your're saying that if one were to compress movie theatre resolution (you know what has been playing movies since the beginning of history) that it would not be equivalent or close to blueray? Sure, ok.

And the stuff about the PS controllers being too small for peoples hands is insanity also. You must have some grotesque hands because my hands are pretty big, I can palm a basketball, and play PS3 all day long with no discomfort at all.

Also can someone direct me to some respected source that shows how "redundant" the processor for the PS3 is or how much it "bottlenecks"? I mean I guess i believe these reports from people but seeing is believing.

I think there is alot of overwhelming power and functionality within the PS3 but since so many people bought an Xbox 360 (lower price) you guys will defend it to the end.

Granted there are alot exclusive games that I'm quite jealous of. They have Dead Rising and Gears which I've never played but with such praise it can't be bad. Also they have that "Left for Dead" by Valve coming up something I'm pretty upset about.

ANYway... thats what i got.

Is fancy bread in the heart or in the head

Last edited by Hidemons; 11-22-08 at 11:07 PM.
post #45 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-22-08, 11:01 PM

lawrence96's Flag is: United Kingdom

seems to me most 360 players go that way for the games not neccesarily the console. reason 360 has most games is that microsoft has more money, meaning they can charge less to allow production companies use the consoles formatting software so the companies got to 360 to save money and more profit.

for me its PS2 all the way, its got me favorite games, plays CDS and DVDS, slimline version takes up less space then any next gen console and it works fine on a normal TV

Quisnam praesumo, successio
post #46 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 12:05 AM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldudeskillz View Post
the pc will cost about 4 times as much as a 360 though, not worth it unless your rich
Dude, what are typing on right NOW? Oh yeah, a PC. Buy a decent graphics card (HD4850 - fallout 3, on top settings for £120 - fuck year) and you're set unless you PC is the dog's bollocks, in which case it's probably time to upgrade anyway.

Now, there's this stupid myth going round that PCs are really expensive. This is a lie. £400 will buy you a rig that will play any modern, current game on a high setting comfortably.

And when you look at it, PCs are always going to be a better option. With a Xbox, you're paying £130-£300 (I hear the £130 isn't worth getting either) on a machine used purely for gaming. With a PC you're paying £400, less if you want and use it not only for gaming but also for work, browsing the internet and blah. I feel stupid making this point when we're all using computers, but it's so often overlooked.

What's more, PC's have all these so called Xbox 360 exclusives. GoW - it's on PC now (GoW2 to follow surely, not that I like the GoW series), as is Left for Dead (The new TF2 for valve, and you know it'll be better on PC anyway).

I just can't justify ever buying an Xbox 360 when PCs are superior in absolutely every single way.

As far as the PS3 goes, I don't have the money to buy games for 2 seperate systems (I got me a wii as well - big mistake, but I make the best of it), let alone buy one despite the fact that I really fucking want one.

Blah, I might manage to get my night to rant ratio at 1:1 at this rate. It's my third rant in a row.

(Oh, yeh forgot the whole faff with Xboxs being a bit dangerous. In CCCP's thread looking to buy a 360, Lord Reevan said "This month we've (work) had 17 360s back with complaints of the three red lights and them damaging games." He gave advice on how to help sort this, but even so, the fact that these 360's are breaking consistantly and damaging the games to boot...well, it's hardly a good thing is it.

Last edited by beenburned; 11-23-08 at 12:24 AM.
post #47 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 01:02 AM

NerdyOgre254's Flag is: Australia

I have a few things to add at this point:
1. I heard that the PS3 is really hard to code for. not sure about the integrity of that statement though.
2. PS3 is very, very quiet. if the 360 is a land speeder, the PS3 is a Vyper.
3. When you buy a console all the equipment is built in and it is the standard to which all games are built - meaning that i don't have to worry whether this graphics card supports that or whatever.

On the subject of Rat Ogres:
But if we give them laser eyes and mounted guns, we'll have to bring in Clan Skryre, and everyone knows how much those limp-tailed snuff addicts overcharge.
post #48 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 01:19 AM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyOgre254 View Post
I have a few things to add at this point:
1. I heard that the PS3 is really hard to code for. not sure about the integrity of that statement though.
2. PS3 is very, very quiet. if the 360 is a land speeder, the PS3 is a Vyper.
3. When you buy a console all the equipment is built in and it is the standard to which all games are built - meaning that i don't have to worry whether this graphics card supports that or whatever.
Responding to 2 of these points

1. It is hard to code for, and as a result most ps3 games end up being of a lower graphical quality then the 360, despite the obvious power of the ps3.

3. If you're unsure about compatibility, take your computer into a shop (not gamestop/gamestation) and ask them about it. They'll give an answer on the spot if they're worth their salt. What's more, you'll be able to get them to fit any components too. PCs are simple creatures - honest
post #49 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 02:57 AM

muffinman82's Flag is: USA

for me it is the 360
call of duty is much better played through xbox live

also being a major halo geek i just had to have the halo 3 edition 360
post #50 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-23-08, 06:14 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldudeskillz View Post
the pc will cost about 4 times as much as a 360 though, not worth it unless your rich
wat the hell are you smoking?

for $700 i have a pro computer thats a year old that will prob outlast the 360 , its an AMD core duo 3GHZ, 4GB DDR2 ram and a 512MB 3870 graphics card, it can run any game with ease, it cost about a little bit more then 360 when it came out and since i built it myself its so much more meaningful to me cause i know wats in there as i put it there.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode