PS3 vs. 360? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 05:58 PM

Hellskullz's Flag is: USA

I have mix views on both, but i lean towards PS3

PS3

Pros

-Controller: I don't know what you guys are talking about it being to small. I have some of the largest hands i've ever seen and can use it for hours on end without the slightest pain for twitch... but that might be because i've been using them since PS1.

-BluRay: I agree that BluRay will replace HDDvD just as HDDvD replaced DvD which replaced VHS; time is changing and better is avabile, and no, they won't replace your stuff for you 'because the customer is always right' I say this because did they replace your VHSs when DvDs came out? no.

Exclusives: I know the majority of them out right now suck, but i'm talking about the major ones coming out soon. Such as Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 5, God of War 3, and so on. And even then some of the exclusives are good. Such as Kill Zone 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Cons

-Price: I will agree that the PS3 is very expensive.

-Bad launch: Because the PS3 had a bad launch a lot of their exclusives became available on 360 also because the companies were afraid they wouldn't sell enough on just PS3. Main game i'm talking about is Final Fantasy Xlll and GTA 4 (yes, that was originally a PS3 exclusive)

X-Box 360

Pros

Price: The price was good and affordable to most.

Exclusives: The 360 has some good exclusives such as Gears 2 and Fable 2. Honestly was never a huge fan of Halo series, i thought it was a decent game.

Achievements: While it is small, they are still rather nice and give bragging rights

Controller: I can see how those who aren't used to the PS3 controller prefer this one. It does allow easier , more comfortable, use for bigger hands.

Cons

Overheating: The fans in the 360 aren't the best and it overheated a lot when it first come out. Thus giving us the 'red ring of death'

Breaking: The 360 had a lot of issues when it first came out and a lot of them broke. In order to have it repaired you had to mail it to Microsoft and wait for it to come back. And it was still possible that it would break again.

So there you have it. My view points on both the systems. Sorry if i offended someone some how, now harm was ment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 07:23 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

i know this is 360 vs ps3 but i personally believe the PC is the best gaming console, u can constantly tweak its performance, upgrade from 2 gig of ram to 4 gig because you can. sure it costs more money then the consoles but its a much more personal gaming rig if you prebuild it because u know its the best.

otherwise id go 360 just for fable 2 and gears of war 2

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #23 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 08:02 PM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
i know this is 360 vs ps3 but i personally believe the PC is the best gaming console, u can constantly tweak its performance, upgrade from 2 gig of ram to 4 gig because you can. sure it costs more money then the consoles but its a much more personal gaming rig if you prebuild it because u know its the best.

otherwise id go 360 just for fable 2 and gears of war 2
Massively agreed on a massive scale.

Also - be patient young grasshoppa. We'll be getting fable 2 soon enough, and maybe even GoW! HOHEE.

PC's I would say are becoming a more viable option for gamers anyway now. You're looking at being able to play all current games on high settings for just over 300 quid if you build it yourself, and around 400 if not. Seeing as that's pretty much what the best ps3 and Xbawks thweesixty cost, well I know what I'd take. Especially since you can do a veritable multitude of other tasks on a PC.
post #24 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-12-08, 06:39 AM

surreal-mind's Flag is: Australia

i must be the only person on this forum who plays wii lol, the wii was just because im a huge zelda fan, even though the new one is linear i loved it. I also like the mario series and metroid prime. Ive played halo and loved it, halo 3 was kinda over kill, i think ill stick to my old box for that. My favorate console is the pc though. i love rts games and not many good ones are on any consoles.

Seven, That is all.
post #25 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-12-08, 06:44 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal-mind View Post
i must be the only person on this forum who plays wii lol, the wii was just because im a huge zelda fan, even though the new one is linear i loved it. I also like the mario series and metroid prime. Ive played halo and loved it, halo 3 was kinda over kill, i think ill stick to my old box for that. My favorate console is the pc though. i love rts games and not many good ones are on any consoles.
wii is good to but the main game that drew me to it (super smash bros) was a failure in my opinion, it bored me.

been burned, thats wat i tell all the console players that try to rub in that they have fable 2, sure they have it now, but we get it in a years time glich free with better stuff

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #26 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-12-08, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

I had a wii but it became so gimmicky that I sold it to get a 360. My main pro for 360 is it's gaming ease. It's easy to get a hold of and can be plugged in to a pc so for someone who has the pc in their room It's great. I do prefer the ps3 but I've been playing the 360 a lot more recently.... And yes pc is the best, I have a full gaming set up with 22" widescreen lcd monitor and 7.1 surround sound. Gears 2 going through that is the sex....

And More often than not the games are the same price on the consoles. bar 1 or 2 big games on each, little big planet being 65 and gears 2 being only 50, but overall they're the same. all the naruto games I've seen on 360 have been 75, on ps3 a mere 60, and when assassin's creed came out the normal and collector's edition on 360 was more expensive so it varies from game to game not console.

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #27 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-12-08, 06:17 PM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

xbox 360 for me. I have all the new consoles and the 360 is played the most because of the games.
Sure they come out on PC but I dont have money for a good gaming pc I just use it for work.
My ps3 has no good games. I own nearly all the AAA titles and I dont find any of them good . Resistance was just a medicore FPS nothing special or great and the MP system is crap. Where are all these great exclusives please tell me as I would like to actually use my PS3. If any game comes out on Xbox 360 and PS3 I will get it for the xbox 360 due to live, the better controller and achievements.
Killzone 1 I thought was crap and it was it only got 60% in most reviews but everybody thinks the second one will be great ! I played the public beta of Killzone 2 and had some fun with it, but still not good enough to buy a console for or good enough to beat all the xbox360 games.
Now saying this I dont think my PS3 was a waste of money as I know as time goes on it will get better games. Such as God of War 3 and umm..... not really sure but I am sure there will be good games. Resident Evil 5 is also coming out on xbox 360 by the way.

So I say get a xbox 360 now as they arnt much and then get a PS3 when the price goes down and it has some good games.
post #28 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-13-08, 05:28 AM

Hooman's Flag is: Australia

I'm a 360 person myself, for several reasons:
Quote:
1. I could afford it. I work at McDonalds, so the $800 for the PS3 is a bit much.
Yeah I'll agree with you on that one, the PS3 does cost quite a bit.
Quote:
2. Achievements. They add a great deal of depth to the game, when done well.
PS3 has them now too, they're called trophies.
Quote:
3. Exclusive Titles, most notable Gears of War and Dead Rising.
PS3 has good exclusives too, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet etc. I also agree with BeenBurned on the fact that most good Xbox games turn up on PC too, and considering so many people have PC's, exclusives is not a really major point of the Xbox i think.
Quote:
4. My hands are too big for the Ps3 controller.
How big are your hands??? I've always thought the Xbox controllers were like bricks, way too large.

"As prayer cleanses the spirit, pain cleanses the body"
A mob of 30 boys on the charge can have HOW MANY ATTACKS?????
post #29 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-13-08, 08:53 AM

aM | Gunslinger's Flag is: Wales

hellooo

first off i would like to say im an xbox 360 man...

i have my xbox hooked up to a 32" HD tv and its brilliant... there is no need to have these blu-ray discs, yes they have there advantages but for the cost i choose dvd...

second i love xbox live, granted you have to pay £40 a year and with the ps3 it is free but first for ps3 you will have to have a wireless router and unless u have one allready it will be more than £40 for a good one... second i think the xbox live community is soooo much better than the ps3 community.

Third this whole controller argument is a bit stupid, unless u have enormous hands im sure the ps3 controller is fine but i think the xbox one has a "feel" to it.

Fourth i think the games are generally better on the xbox... everyone is arguing which games they prefer but ive allways been a halo fan and gears of war 1 and 2 are the best games out. i mean peoples arguments are that resistance fall of man is one of the best games for ps3??? why ive played it and think that its pretty crap... why have that when you can have call of duty 4 or one of the many great shooters... if thats the best the ps3 has to offer then why would anyone want it???

and lastly the xbox is a cheaper console overall. yes the games are the same price but the console price is much nicer for the xbox

and thats the end of my rant

thanks for listening (or reading)

Gunslinger

I have a rendezvous with death, At some disputed barricade, it may be that he shall take my hand, and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, I have a rendezvous with death, and i to my pledged word am true, i shall not fail that rendezvous...

Quote:
I won't remove the thread. This is an example of how Heresy members should not act toward other forum members, and seriously, don't pull the free speech bullshit. You're free to say what I allow you to say.
- jezlad
post #30 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-14-08, 01:26 PM

The_Inquisitor's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by aM | Gunslinger View Post
but first for ps3 you will have to have a wireless router and unless u have one allready it will be more than £40 for a good one
why do you have to get a wireless router, if you really want to you could connect it with a wire.

PS3 imho, mainly because, i love watching movies, and no matter what anyone says you cannot match the blue-ray disks. The quality is startling, even though they are expensive, the only br films I get are the ones packed with special effects and CG. I recently picked up Ironman and all I can say is WOW.

Plus, the PS3 is going to last far longer. Before long all the XBOX fans will have to buy a new console. The PS3 on the other hand has the graphical and technological potential to go on for far longer. Can't remember where but I read that a high end title such as GTA IV used 98% of the 360's potential but only 15% percent of the PS3. Already the 360 is reaching it's limits to keep up with Sony and sooner or later they will inevitably fall behind.

L

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode