PS3 vs. 360? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 10:39 PM

NerdyOgre254's Flag is: Australia

To each their own. thankyou, WoRLoKKeD, for pointing that out, before this becomes a flame war.

I'm a 360 person myself, for several reasons:
1. I could afford it. I work at McDonalds, so the $800 for the PS3 is a bit much.
2. Achievements. They add a great deal of depth to the game, when done well.
3. Exclusive Titles, most notable Gears of War and Dead Rising.
4. My hands are too big for the Ps3 controller.

On the subject of Rat Ogres:
But if we give them laser eyes and mounted guns, we'll have to bring in Clan Skryre, and everyone knows how much those limp-tailed snuff addicts overcharge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 10:47 PM

Lord Sinkoran's Flag is: England

360. coz I can't get used to the playstaion control its like the designer was away for the lesson they taught ergonomics and has never heard of anthropermetric data

Violence is never the answer, it is the question, to which the answer is, yes
post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 11:33 PM

EndangeredHuman's Flag is: United Kingdom

You know, I was actually going to start a thread on comparisons between the three consoles, with a buying guide. Thanks to Page 1, I don't think I'll even bother. People need to calm down, or we shouldn't have theads like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sinkoran View Post
360. coz I can't get used to the playstaion control its like the designer was away for the lesson they taught ergonomics and has never heard of anthropermetric data
I'd agree in some respect. The 360 controller is a little better designed in terms of button location and friction on the sticks, but, to be honest, it's really no different at all. The PS3 controller design has been used for years and years, it just... works. It's not the best designed, you can tell at a glance, but all these 'improvements' other controllers have simply don't really matter unless you have large hands, or press incredibly firmly. My brother suffers from glumsy fingers (from a mental disorder), but can handle them both quite easilly. I also find the Dual Shock controller more adapt for large enviroments, as I have to scroll less to look all around me.

1500pts Celestial Lions
1000pts Warboss Judge Skull'Umper
500pts Vostroyan & Cadian 119th

Last edited by EndangeredHuman; 11-10-08 at 11:35 PM.
post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 01:19 AM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would say PS3. Really one main reason, but it clinches it for me. More exclusives.

If you compare the two, then yes, there are more exclusive microsoft games...but how many of those do I own on PC? All the good ones? Yes.

It's more of a grudging admittance though, because really ps3 is the best because it has things I can't get. And I always want what I can't have.
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 11:33 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

forgot about the controller, every PS controller hurts my hands and fingers after a while, being bunched up so much, I hate it

post #16 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 11:52 AM

EndangeredHuman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
forgot about the controller, every PS controller hurts my hands and fingers after a while, being bunched up so much, I hate it
I understand your viewpoint, but try not to be central-critical, there must be good points about the console you enjoy, and we'd like to hear them rather than subjective critisims of the PS3. So, please, if you can offer some highlights, it would be appriciated.

1500pts Celestial Lions
1000pts Warboss Judge Skull'Umper
500pts Vostroyan & Cadian 119th
post #17 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 12:22 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndangeredHuman View Post
I understand your viewpoint, but try not to be central-critical, there must be good points about the console you enjoy, and we'd like to hear them rather than subjective critisims of the PS3. So, please, if you can offer some highlights, it would be appriciated.
well I enjoy both my 360 and ps2

360 enjoys:
Controller (far easier for my hands and finger)
Game selection (honestly the PS3 ONLY games are all rubbish anyway the only exception being Killzone 2, but I ain't spending £300+ for a console and for 1 game)
Achievements (a small thing, but they are fun, and the bragging rights can be fun to)
cheap (cheap console, cheap games)
service (if my 360 breaks, send it to Micro, back in less than a week)
looks (well lets face it, the PS3 isn't the prettiest console out there)
no blu-ray (thank god, I don't wanna pay some something useless
harder online access (harder to listen to and play against Idiots)

bad points:
Reliability (yeah I've gone through 2 so far since release, not as bad as the liars who say 18 in 6 months or something stupid)
harder online access

PS2 enjoys
reliability (still have the same one I had since release, never broken)
Final fantasy players dream (all the FF games work on it, YAY)
price: easy to replace

Bad points:
Controller (this goes across all PS consoles, a little chunkier would be nice)

PS3 good points:
Killzone 2 (the ONLY good exclusive)
easier online access

bad points:
price (for games and console)
Controller (see PS2)
Games (most exclusives are crap)
Blu-ray (don't wanna pay for something I don't want or need)
looks (OMG it looks so shit)
easier online access (yeah I put it in both because I don't want it to be easier to listen to idiots)

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 11-11-08 at 12:26 PM.
post #18 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 04:19 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

Neither. The original Xbox was better. The games were better, and I have never once had a single problem with my 'box, not one gripe. Who needs all those shiny graphics? I'm perfectly fine playing Halo, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #19 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 04:50 PM
Fadeout4's Flag is: USA

I definitely have to say PS3 because it has a ton more exclusives then the 360...inn fact does the 360 even have any good exclusives? Sure halo 3 and Gears 2 are 360 only now, but it's only a matter of time before they come out on the PC like halo 1 halo 2, gears 1 and bioshock all did so really any microsoft game that is a "360 exclusive" won't be for more then a couple months...

Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, 0Warhawk, etc etc etc

And you're right, the cell processor is a real bitch to code for. That's why games that come out for both the 360 ad PS3 have the same graphics even though the PS3 has much better hardware. That's also why PS3 exclusive games always look better then 360 exclusive games because these programmers spend all of their time working around the Cell processor and get their game to work well with it.

Also, to anyone bashing blurays, are you comparing them on a HD TV? because if you're using a regular TV they will look identical. I have a 1080p Sony Bravia 40" TV and you can't even compare the quality of regular DVDs to the blurays.

I mean the PS3 is definitely not without faults-the six axis controller is a joke to use and some of the real 360 exclusives are OK like Ace Combat 6 and PGR...but if I had to pick one or the other I'd definitely go PS3 anyday

~~~Fade
post #20 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-11-08, 05:47 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I've got a Xbox 360 hooked up to a high def 1080i tv and IMHO it looks just as good as a PS3 game. BTW I luv xbox :p

Besides I've got a PS2 and that has some of the sweetest games ever made...plus I can play FF8 on it, which is the only FF game I can sit through lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode