Gears of war two what do people think??? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

aM | Gunslinger's Flag is: Wales

Default Gears of war two what do people think???

hi people i went to the midnight release of GoW 2 last nite and i think it is a brilliant game it is a definate step up from gears 1 in every way (apart from they have like toned down the shotgun and it is now shocking) but anyway ye just wondering what people tinks of the game???? and dont post any spoilers for the people who havnt played it... thanks

I have a rendezvous with death, At some disputed barricade, it may be that he shall take my hand, and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, I have a rendezvous with death, and i to my pledged word am true, i shall not fail that rendezvous...

Quote:
I won't remove the thread. This is an example of how Heresy members should not act toward other forum members, and seriously, don't pull the free speech bullshit. You're free to say what I allow you to say.
- jezlad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 11:04 AM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Got it yesterday morning thanks to play.com and have to say its ok, it is gears 1.5. Have only played a bit of the sp and so far it is pretty boring. But I have been told it gets better.
I love horde mode but find it a bit annoying that there are only 10 different waves and then they just reset but with a HP boost. I love there are SP bots even though they are pretty dumb.
Only got to play a few games of MP and the shotgun is worse which in a way is good as GOW should have just been called shotguns of war, but they have made it to bad. But now there is mass chainsawing. The new smoke nade is pretty rubbish as now all I do is throw it and then it knocks them to the ground and I just run in and chainsaw them while they are on the ground. The lancer also seems weaker.

I will have to play it more before I make a full view but I just dont think it is as good mp wise.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 11:21 AM

Crimson_fists's Flag is: Australia

to tell you the truth, i really like it. i beg to differ about the storyline, to me it's rather interesting. (no offense meant talos) though i'm probably the kind of person you people would call just an 'extension' of my gaming and computer devices..........the shotgun is weaker though

"You doubt my loyalty to the God-Emperor? How dare you accuse me of consorting with Daemons!"
- Crimson Fists

Pedro, once the most feared Daemon in the Warp, why not drop in and say hi to the retired Daemon and his mates?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 01:17 PM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

no offence taken I like the GOW story and world. I just found that the SP started off a bit slow but as I have played abit more it has really picked up. I think my view on SP was a bit premature. I was also pissed as I could not shoot down those damn motars when you are on that huge truck. On hardcore mode it only takes 3-4 hits to kill your truck. I carried on forgetting they arnt shells and are actually creatures so change there course when you fire that them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode