Fallout 3 - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 01:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Played a little more today with my first character to try and find all one hundred locations (easier said than done once you have +60.) Those of you who played the first two will be delighted to know that if you find the scrapyard then dogmeat makes a return. He's not as useful as some of the others you can get to accompany you, but not everything is.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-08, 12:45 AM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
That's gonna be hard. ;) The war started in 2077. So it's something like 2270
I hadn't memorized dates, only remembered roughly that a key event (the war it seems) happened in mid to late 00's. The mistake was mine. I must be punished.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-08, 04:34 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenburned View Post
I hadn't memorized dates, only remembered roughly that a key event (the war it seems) happened in mid to late 00's. The mistake was mine. I must be punished.
Fallout obsessive here. Couldn't help but correct you. ;)
It was the resource war really ramping up in the mid-00's that really sparked everything off.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-08, 07:28 AM

Didn't like it first off when I first took it home. Seemed to really throw you in at the deep end, 10 minutes after leaving the vault I was attacked by 8 raiders, three with heavy armour looking stuff and flamethrowers.... Played it again and went through the survival guide and I'm really enjoying it now....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-08, 08:25 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

the game is very well done...but its so depressing and is loaded with "nightmare fuel" (i.e. Ghouls, both civil and feral). I rented it and I'm about to beat it, but I probably won't be buying it

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-08, 08:35 PM

GundamMerc's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

i have it on the 360 (for those of you with crap ass comps like mine) and have found that if you are faced with a sentry bot, dont aim for the head, for they are headshot proof (also helps to have a fat boy, the only weapon in the game that can kill them in one shot... on very easy), has anyone found the ghoul-tree? head north to the top middle (dont go in the town, full of deathclaws) to the west of the town, explore around the rocky cliffs until you see the skinny path that is surrounded by cliff, and follow to Oasis
note to any of you who have gotten to the top of tenpenny tower, yes you can jump off the top, and yes, you will die

Commissar Cain, Hero of the Imperium (or so everyone thinks)

All your base are belong to us!- Rome Total War

If you ever hear the word milk run in your mission briefing, then you can be assured something is going to go spectacularly wrong.

Last edited by GundamMerc; 11-19-08 at 08:38 PM.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-08, 05:06 PM

kaede's Flag is: United Kingdom

awesome game.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-08, 08:40 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenburned View Post
Ah right that's fine then. You know, I have been waiting for this game for years, yet I havn't picked a copy off the shelves to look at the blurb once.
uve been waiting for the game how long and you havent watched the trailer, lol, watch it, its good

as for me, a week before christmas my parents are dragging me to brisbane for 4 weeks to vist reli's, i managed to con them to let me take my desktop with cod4 and cod5 on (yes im a huge fan of cod) after a week i wil be bored of the campaigns as i have no internet to play on.

my plan is to go get fallout 3 at the after christmas sales and get a good 60 hours before i get home and revert back to cod5 online

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-30-08, 09:42 PM

Tigirus's Flag is: Canada

I'm getting for my computer this christmas for anyone else with a computer this is a great site: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode