Vote for Worst Game Ever! - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-13-08, 01:57 AM

EndangeredHuman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFatty View Post
dunno about that. watch some halo 3 mythbusters videos and you will see how good that game is. i thought it sucked untill i watched them.
Sorry, but, nothing can make up for the utter fail Halo 3 SP was. I can't beleive they even had the balls to release it. The graphics were terrible at some parts, not to mention the rather poor plot. Halo 1 was always the best, and will remain so.

Worst game? To be honest I'm always incredibly selective with my games, so I can't say I've ever played a 'dreadful' one. I'd have to say Halo 3 was the worst game I've played. Considering it's suppose to be a headline Next-gen gaming experiance, it was piss poor. The SP and plot was all sidelined to make headway for 10 year olds to scream down their mic's on multiplayer. Hello? Age rating enforcing? I don't care as much if it's a 23 year old shouting, but, please..

1500pts Celestial Lions
1000pts Warboss Judge Skull'Umper
500pts Vostroyan & Cadian 119th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 05:11 PM

willofdeath's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Eterna View Post
I'm going to pull a suicide by enraged gamers here.

I did not like Gears of War. I found it to be repetative, the AI was stupid, and some of the glitched were immensely frustrating (Berserker jumping off wrecked train car to right behind me). Also, I didn't like most of the Multiplayer, and although it did have it's good points, GoW struck me as a Halo-wannabe. I know it's kind of a standard genre (Human supersoldiers versus evil alien race...), but I think that Halo: Combat Evolved, and it's sequels really gave that entire wing of gaming over to Bungie. It's somewhat skewed, but the fact remains that I still play Halo 3 on my Xbox, while Gears is keeping my desk level. When I finally get a requisition order through the PX, I'm trying to get ahold of GoW2 and Fallout 3.

-Dirge
Agreed.The original Gears of War was not great, however I wouldn't put it as the worst game ever. The ai is bad to the point that I have beat the entire first chapter on insane using only my pistol, with the hammer of dawn on the seeders. I did like online though. Gears of war 2 was a much better game. Oh and DO NOT play Fallout 3 I hated it. The only way to kill anything was with vats. Just thought I would say that.

Hello fellow bees, hows the abdomen? Swollen with honey I trust.
post #53 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 06:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by willofdeath View Post
The only way to kill anything was with vats. Just thought I would say that.
Personally I don't know what your talking about, I went through that game without vats in one playthrough, armed only with pistols or shotguns and didn't have to much trouble.

Vats and some perks make killing enemies a bit easier, but its not the end all be all of the game.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #54 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 06:49 PM

when in doubt, shoot!'s Flag is: Scotland

urgh, in general any game that is based off of a film. Hate that games producers can't be arsed to make their own setting/characters etc. such as spider man games, bat man games, (the odd star wars game was all right, wait...no, no I take that back.) but most of all,
true crime: new york for the ps2. It coulda been a great game as well, as it is the only game I know where you can actually play as a uniformed police officer and chase criminals. once you started a mission, and you fail it, you gotta keep trying it until you do it, bugs every 0.0002 seconds,
and most of all, when you're having a gunfight with some badguys in the street, what do the civilians in cars do? that's right, run you over. vehicle schematics in general sucked... the list goes on and on.

P.S. anyone know any good cop games? not just driving round in a cop car on gta feeling important.

Back to business!
post #55 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 06:52 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by when in doubt, shoot! View Post
P.S. anyone know any good cop games? not just driving round in a cop car on gta feeling important.
I think one of the best ones out there at the moment is Crackdown, although it is a little bit sci-fi as well as you being a law enforcement officer. Has a similar feeling of being able to go where you want as GTA, but you the 'good' guys.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"

Last edited by Druchii in Space; 11-24-08 at 08:14 PM.
post #56 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 08:11 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

Life itself. There are some theories that life is just a large game of the Sims, and this installment was the one EA royally fucked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #57 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 08:26 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisman 007 View Post
Life itself. There are some theories that life is just a large game of the Sims, and this installment was the one EA royally fucked up.
damn conspiracists...
post #58 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

NerdyOgre254's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndangeredHuman View Post
Sorry, but, nothing can make up for the utter fail Halo 3 SP was. I can't beleive they even had the balls to release it. The graphics were terrible at some parts, not to mention the rather poor plot. Halo 1 was always the best, and will remain so.

Worst game? To be honest I'm always incredibly selective with my games, so I can't say I've ever played a 'dreadful' one. I'd have to say Halo 3 was the worst game I've played. Considering it's suppose to be a headline Next-gen gaming experiance, it was piss poor. The SP and plot was all sidelined to make headway for 10 year olds to scream down their mic's on multiplayer. Hello? Age rating enforcing? I don't care as much if it's a 23 year old shouting, but, please..
Halo was a very big disappointment. i played it through once, and haven't touched it since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by when in doubt, shoot! View Post
urgh, in general any game that is based off of a film. Hate that games producers can't be arsed to make their own setting/characters etc. such as spider man games, bat man games, (the odd star wars game was all right, wait...no, no I take that back.)

I played the Wall-E video game. stupid stupid ben! it gave me 5 achievement points before the first level was even loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii in Space View Post
I think one of the best ones out there at the moment is Crackdown, although it is a little bit sci-fi as well as you being a law enforcement officer. Has a similar feeling of being able to go where you want as GTA, but you the 'good' guys.
hehehehe that game is aweshome. jumping off a 30 story building and landing on a person is the funniest thing i have ever seen.

On the subject of Rat Ogres:
But if we give them laser eyes and mounted guns, we'll have to bring in Clan Skryre, and everyone knows how much those limp-tailed snuff addicts overcharge.
post #59 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-24-08, 11:52 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Halo was one of the best games ever made, period. Unfortunately it suffered from a crippling case of sequelitis, and now we have Halos 2 and 3. I personally think taking the Assault Rifle out of the game was one of the worst decisions made by anyone with a high school degree of all time. Or perhaps the person who decided to take it out never graduated from high school? This would explain their inability to comprehend the fact that people don't want to feel like they're battling an alien invasion with nothing but airsoft guns.
I'm not even going to talk about multiplayer.
As for the actual title of "Worst Game Ever," I don't think Halos 2 or 3 deserve it. They're definitely among the least fun games I've played, but that's a subjective judgment. Honestly, I have yet to play a game that I would say is the Worst Game Ever.

As for all of yall who say Dead Rising is the WGE, lighten up! That game did exactly what it was supposed to do; let middle class people rampage through a mall full of breakable TVs and decapitatable "people!" Don't take the game too seriously :p Besides, once you got Disembowel, the game practically played itself.

post #60 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-25-08, 12:31 AM

muffinman82's Flag is: USA

I vote for anything on the wii

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode