Vote for Worst Game Ever! - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-09-08, 06:43 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

I'm going to get stoned for this, but I absolutely despise Halo 2. The story is terrible, all the weapons feel spitting seeds, they got rid of the Assault Rifle (the coolest weapon in video gaming), and they changed the marines. The marines in Halo 1 had futuristic feel and those awesome little holograms on their eyes. The ones in Halo 2 were identical to modern soldiers. I'm not saying modern soldiers look bad, it's just that Halo is a sci fi, not a modern combat game.

Also, everything in Halo 2 was nerfed somewhat. You had less shield, Melee attack did less damage, SMGs were incredibly ineffective, shotguns sounded and were less meaty; the list goes on.

Online multiplayer in itself was decent: it was just the people playing it. The 11 year old yanks (sorry) who called you a "douchebag", people who kept playing strange music into the headset, and racism. I've never had racism in any other games, why Halo 2?

So yeah, in terms of controls and playing it was good. Controls, whilst odd, were fluid, but it's the stuff that makes the game was rubbish. The sound effects, the AI of comrades (how come they suck yet the enemy don't?) and the vehicles. The "DUG DUGDUGDUGDUGAGAGAGAGAGAGAAA!!!!!" of the warthog gun was replace by a "chick chickchickachcikachicka."

That's why Halo 2 is the worst game ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-09-08, 06:56 PM
Senior Moderator

I doubt you'll get stoned for hating halo 2 Chris, and if you do you won't be alone. I thought it was god awful as well; which made me glad I didn't buy it and just rented instead. (The story was half decent, the multiplayer was nothing to special, and everything else sucked one way or another.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #33 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-09-08, 08:00 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Well Chris I have advice... dont buy Halo 3, its the exact same thing. It's alright with the changeable armor and everything, but it's essentially the same... sorry if noone else feels the same way... You and Dark and arent alone in your loathing I assure you.

Regards Noise
post #34 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-09-08, 08:21 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Aye I find shooters a little subjective at the best of times, I have never been able to stand Half Life in any of its forms, I also think Goldeneye was one of the worst shooters ever, yet I love Halo, all three of them. I'm sure to many that makes me some kind of heathen.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"

Last edited by Druchii in Space; 11-09-08 at 08:30 PM.
post #35 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-09-08, 08:28 PM
Senior Moderator

NM, I've played, own, and like Halo 3; it has things that Halo 2 lacked. (Like something better than a half decent campaign mode.)

Though when it comes to Halo 3, I'm more into making maps for zombie multiplayer.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

post #36 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-09-08, 10:37 PM

Lord Sinkoran's Flag is: England

assassins creed nuff said

Violence is never the answer, it is the question, to which the answer is, yes
post #37 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-09-08, 11:03 PM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii in Space View Post
Aye I find shooters a little subjective at the best of times, I have never been able to stand Half Life in any of its forms, I also think Goldeneye was one of the worst shooters ever, yet I love Halo, all three of them. I'm sure to many that makes me some kind of heathen.
Yeah, to prove your point, I find Half life to be the peak of everything FPS (though not necessarily HL2), but can't stand halo (for the most part - I had some good times on halo 2 multiplayer) although I've never played that bitch on a PC, so I'm not being unbiased.
post #38 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-09-08, 11:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sinkoran View Post
assassins creed nuff said
Its kinda funny, nuff said generally is never nuff said.

post #39 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 03:52 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I'm going to pull a suicide by enraged gamers here.

I did not like Gears of War. I found it to be repetative, the AI was stupid, and some of the glitched were immensely frustrating (Berserker jumping off wrecked train car to right behind me). Also, I didn't like most of the Multiplayer, and although it did have it's good points, GoW struck me as a Halo-wannabe. I know it's kind of a standard genre (Human supersoldiers versus evil alien race...), but I think that Halo: Combat Evolved, and it's sequels really gave that entire wing of gaming over to Bungie. It's somewhat skewed, but the fact remains that I still play Halo 3 on my Xbox, while Gears is keeping my desk level. When I finally get a requisition order through the PX, I'm trying to get ahold of GoW2 and Fallout 3.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #40 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-10-08, 05:48 AM
Tactless Tactician

Eh. While I liked Halo 2 well enough, I'm not going to go overboard defending it. The campaign WAS dull, mostly a rehash of the most boring parts of the first one, and Brutes were deeply unsatisfying enemies for the end of the game

Kinda like how the Flood were deeply unsatisfying in all three.

But I have another one....

A truly ancient TURKEY of a game.

In Your House, a WWF video game... which, to add to the questionable premise... featured the Undertaker throwing ghosts at his foes as an attack.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode