Vote for Worst Game Ever! - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-13-09, 09:08 PM
Ninja

marxalvia's Flag is: USA

killer7, need I say more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-13-09, 10:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxalvia View Post
killer7, need I say more.
I believe this is the second or third time I'll be saying this, but sure why not? Its not like its going to kill you to tell us why its such a bad game as other members have done.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #123 of 135 (permalink) Old 02-23-09, 02:18 AM

Jack Jack's Flag is: Canada

I would say, any game with less than 100 hours worth of main storyline time is crap.

And also I used to play trading card games when I was little, but the game they made inspired by that are craptastics. The AI sucks, it always does. In fact, it is a shame the producers don't do a little metagaming when programming them, best example are in the pokémon main series. (which I do NOT think is crap at all if you play it PVP )

I hate the final fantasy series because status magic sucks and because IT CAN'T F@#$%%ing SUPPORT PVP. I like a good rpvg when you've got to be tactical to defeat your opponents. But in these series, why would you poison someone when you can just kill him outright ?

Metagaming is good in videogames and evil in real rpgs.

Besides, I LOVE the Wii, I LOVE the DS, you're like playing zelda and your swinging your wii-mote like a sword and the caracter on-screen is doing the exact same motions. I think the Wii is the best thing that happened to video games since they invented sprite-based animation.
post #124 of 135 (permalink) Old 02-24-09, 11:34 AM

N0rdicNinja's Flag is: USA

Azurik for the original XBox... a Smirf with a Double Vulge? How in the world do you mess that up?
post #125 of 135 (permalink) Old 02-24-09, 03:54 PM

Mordeth's Flag is: Norway

Most Final Fantasy-games for game boy. They have very little ressurecting-possibilities, you are unable to lose a fight, because the game quits then and you HAVE to load. which means its easy to get stuck someplace if you can't get away without fighting a fight you ALWAYS lose.
They could learn a thing or two from Golden Sun. (Which is the most amazing game boy-game ever made!)

94% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 6% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are part of the 5% that would yell "DO A FLIP!!!"
post #126 of 135 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 05:52 PM

Nemesis-The-Warlock's Flag is: United Kingdom

Iit's quite possible not many peeps here will have heard of it or remember it but my vote goes for ...............
Rise of the robots.....
It was one of the first hyper marketed games,
advertising and marketing cost about 3 times what any previous game had at that time,
it was the duke nukem forever of it's day as it was delayed many, many times

and it was absolutely, mind numbingly, joystick smashingly awful,
broken pixels,
animations that didn't respond to what was happening on screen,
and so called "hyper-fast fluid fighting" that realistically was nearer the speed of a drug induced asthmatic slug on an off-day

post #127 of 135 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 08:07 PM
dtq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis-The-Warlock View Post
Iit's quite possible not many peeps here will have heard of it or remember it but my vote goes for ...............
Rise of the robots.....
It was one of the first hyper marketed games,
advertising and marketing cost about 3 times what any previous game had at that time,
it was the duke nukem forever of it's day as it was delayed many, many times

and it was absolutely, mind numbingly, joystick smashingly awful,
broken pixels,
animations that didn't respond to what was happening on screen,
and so called "hyper-fast fluid fighting" that realistically was nearer the speed of a drug induced asthmatic slug on an off-day
I remember Rise of the Robots it was certainly over hyped, The graphics were pretty impressive for its day, game play epicly failed even on decentish systems, and mortal kombat fairly and squarely trounced it in every departmen. Direly overhyped and under delivered. Possibly one of the bigger dissapointments on the list :D

But my vote for Worst game ever goes to Captain Blood on the ZX Spectrum. Seriously I never "got" it, no tutorial no instructions, just some baby blue on black graphics, now this was spectrum days you really didnt expect much which was just as well as this game really didnt deliver much even for those days. A Nausiating mono color "platform" spaceship interior a couple of screens wide, and one "useable" console. When you "used the console you went to a eye poking mini game, no seriously it was a eye poking mini game you were presented with a screen full of "eyes" and a finger shaped cursor (this seems to ahve been designed with a mouse in mind but there were no mice for the spectrum) and you moved your finger around and "poked" the eyes and they did a weird squidgy thing but nothing "happpened"... and that my friends was the game or as far as I ever got. Wandered up and down all 3 screns of space ship interior and poked eyed till my fingers dropped off but the game gave you no hint whatsoever as to what you were supposed to do. on the "budget" version I had there were no instructions on the cassette sleeves and no instructions in game.

I never got as far as this "multi color" screen, but it gives you some idea of just how vomit enducing it was...

Seriously what are those icons supposed to do in game... My guess is this was the "kiddy checkout" level. You remeber those from when you were a kid you pressed buttons and a little tab with a number would pop up. Well perhaps here you mashed incoherent buttons (wilth really quite scary skeletal virtual hand) and a weird alien on a tab pops up.
post #128 of 135 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 09:42 PM

Nemesis-The-Warlock's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtq View Post
But my vote for Worst game ever goes to Captain Blood on the ZX Spectrum. Seriously I never "got" it, no tutorial no instructions, just some baby blue on black graphics, now this was spectrum days you really didnt expect much which was just as well as this game really didnt deliver much even for those days. A Nausiating mono color "platform" spaceship interior a couple of screens wide, and one "useable" console. When you "used the console you went to a eye poking mini game, no seriously it was a eye poking mini game you were presented with a screen full of "eyes" and a finger shaped cursor (this seems to ahve been designed with a mouse in mind but there were no mice for the spectrum) and you moved your finger around and "poked" the eyes and they did a weird squidgy thing but nothing "happpened"... and that my friends was the game or as far as I ever got. Wandered up and down all 3 screns of space ship interior and poked eyed till my fingers dropped off but the game gave you no hint whatsoever as to what you were supposed to do. on the "budget" version I had there were no instructions on the cassette sleeves and no instructions in game.
I had that game on the amstrad and loved it, but I can understand how anyone else wouldn't like it

post #129 of 135 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 09:48 PM
dtq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis-The-Warlock View Post
I had that game on the amstrad and loved it, but I can understand how anyone else wouldn't like it
Did the amstrad version have the same nasty graphics? and just what were you supposed to do with the eye poking mini game at the console?
post #130 of 135 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 10:13 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Hellgate London.

It got too repetative and I just dont like games like that. Sure the graphics were good and the weapons were cool along with the classes and races. IF you look on Games Radar and search you will see that HellGate Londons Multiplayer servers have all been shut down.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode