Recommend a Bargain - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-08, 12:47 AM

EndangeredHuman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Any of the Total War series. I picked up the latest in the series, Medieval II: Total War for about 3. Honestly, such an amazing serious of games. Event he first one, Shogun:total war still plays great and is around a few pence these days.

1500pts Celestial Lions
1000pts Warboss Judge Skull'Umper
500pts Vostroyan & Cadian 119th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-08, 01:48 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenburned View Post
I wouldn't say so personally. Scaled difficulty ruined it for me, and it just wasn't very long, with a tedious overworld. Mod it though, and it's a whole new story. Bethesda stuff has always been the king of modding, and Oblivion is no exception, but you're gonna have to put in a lot of time and effort to get it to a stage where it's massively enjoyale. I just prefer morrowind though, and will always look upon morrowind with rose tinted specs.
That is true, I did mod my Oblivion to remove the scaled difficulty (to a point) and rework some of the lesser areas in the game (btmod).
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-08, 02:50 AM

Pacman. Cant go wrong with Pacman.
Seriously though, I'd say Age of empires 1, 2, or 3. Their all good, and you can get the first 2 with expantions for 10 bucks at staples last I checked. The third is funnest skirmish but campaighn is wierd. Fun still but It makes no sence.

PS: The defient against a borg Cube!?!? Why!!! I assume you lasted less than a seccond?

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Schafer View Post
PS: The defient against a borg Cube!?!? Why!!! I assume you lasted less than a seccond?

Ah sorry I didn't explain you can control fleets, in the sense you tell them what ship to attack, where to go etc, but you in effect directly control only your one ship and if it dies, its game over even if other ships are still in the fight. Sorta like you are the admiral and if you go down the force would flee or lose its focus. So although I was controlling the defiant, there where three more federation ships under my command (inc Picard in the Sovereign class Enterprise,) and another four Klingon ships under a friendly AI command inc the Negh'var. I think we lost four or five ships combined before we got it. The AI is really good though, ships will drop back and repair their systems before returning to the fight. Oh and you can switch to other ships if you want, so if your ship was truely f*d you could swap to another and continue the game before it dies, but if you are on it when it goes, it is game over. (Thought I'd clarfiy that as above it reads like you have the one chance and thats it.) I must admit I need to see if I can set self destruct and switch, might help out in dire situations.

Although to be fair it is a Bethesda game, and I'd say they've done a really gone job, I think a lot of the time they do. The more I'm getting used to the 3-d flight and remembering to drop down to 1/2 or 1/4 impulse so I can do sharp turns, the better the game is playing out. Think its going to be up in my faves at this rate.

edit - oh and apologies for my delay but I have finally added my second recomendation on the first post.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"

Last edited by Druchii in Space; 10-29-08 at 02:42 AM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 07:50 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

for a bargain i would recommend urbandead.com. its a free text based mmo where humans fight off the undead. the game has been built fairly with only half an hour a day per profile. i have been playing for about 5 months and still have fun on it.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 10:53 AM

surreal-mind's Flag is: Australia

starcraft, 10 years old and still worth playing =D

you cant go wrong with any zelda game, seriously

diablo 2 is pretty cheap, crap graphics but great replayability

Seven, That is all.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 01:19 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

MechWarrior series and MechCommander series are also fun plays.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 04:10 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Shadow of the Colossus on PS2.

Has a really unique look and a completely unique concept for a game. You have 16 enemies to kill, and essentially every one of them is a boss. Huge creatures that tower over you, while you take them on equipped with only a bow, sword and accompanied by your horse.

Every battle is a puzzle to first locate the enemy, then find it's weak points, the way to get onto it, and the constant struggle to stay clingling onto any handholds on it's body you can find as you attempt to bring it down.

I picked it up for 10 I think years ago and remains one of the best games I've played to date.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode