Trespasser DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition [spoiler free] - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-15, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Default Trespasser DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition [spoiler free]

I'll be honest: to me, Dragon Age: Inquisition was merely a decent Bioware RPG of middling quality, by comparison to some of their other works. I'd heard The Jaws of Hakkon and The Descent DLCs were thin on content, so I skipped them, but now with the release of Trespasser... I thought eh, might as well get on board.

So, is it worth your time?

Well. This, uh, DLC. It absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. It gave half a dozen world-redefining lore revelations. It had major, major ramifications for the next game in the Dragon Age series. Excellently paced and plotted; truly menacing enemies and world-shaking events. It... well, it made me actually care about the setting of Thedas as somewhere I'm interested in seeing more of, rather than view it as "kinda bland fantasy setting with some good characters in."

I don't want to oversell it, but... damn. I think this might be the best chunk of DLC that Bioware's produced--and I say this as someone who (previously, at least) liked the Mass Effect universe several times more than the Dragon Age universe and was going into paroxysms of joy over the Citadel DLC.

The worst thing that can be said for this DLC is that it should have been in the original game as the game's final ending. Bioware almost certainly needed more time to develop this DLC, but now everyone can rightly complain that they're charging more than a quarter of the game's cost for a final expansion-zone/plot arc that takes a much smaller percentage of time to complete (for all that it's some of the highest-quality half dozen or so hours you're going to spend in the game).

The sheer amount of character payoff and tying up of loose ends while opening new threads for the next Dragon Age game... yeah, this should unequivocally be counted as the 'true ending" of the game, and I really feel sorry for the probable majority of players who are only going to play the main game and not get this quality-packed electric tension-bomb crammed through with massive revelations as a capstone to their experience.

TL;DR: Corypheus, who brings doom upon all the world? He looks petty and small in the light of this DLC. Though the core plot of Dragon Age: Inquisition never really drew me in in the first place... this DLC is making me redefine that estimation of it, and this plot/lore/character-gasm of a climax shames the rest of the game by comparison.

And the end credits! Andraste's merciful tits, the end credits!

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 09-10-15 at 06:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-13-15, 05:30 AM

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

Wow, this review has rekindled some interest back into Inquisition for me. Which I completely lost after losing all of my data during the last battle against Corypheaus(Damn you, windows 10 ). I haven't felt the need to complete it after the Witcher 3 came out. Yet I am intrigued by these moving events mentioned. Are there any interesting new features that come in the dlc?

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode