diss World of Warcraft - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-13-08, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Default diss World of Warcraft

a friend is trying to con me to play WoW, problem is i dont want to as COD5 is coming out soon and id prefer to spend my money on 40K, sadly since im bored my resolve is weakening and im thinking off playing it. So i ask you guys to diss it and make it sound bad so that im not tempted to play it (nobody say anything good)

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-13-08, 09:15 PM

Sieg's Flag is: USA

I play and the game is amazing.

Im sorry, there is just nothing bad i can say about the game.
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-13-08, 09:33 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

To be fair its a good game till you get to lvl 70, then after a little while of feeling like I'm lvl 70 cool, the grind for gear and gold hits you like a frieght train and you do it because you feel obligated as the money and time you've spent so far makes it seem like anything else would devalue your time.

Tbh if you find a fun guild you might stick it out, but even that sometimes isn't enough.

If you did want to try a MMO I'd advise WaR, just because as someone who just said they like games such as Call of Duty, the PVP in WaR would probably be something you'd find more fun. PvP in WoW is like pulling teeth, unless you are willing to speed obscene ammounts of time getting the best gear.

As someone who had a lvl 70 in WoW and three other chars over 60, and about another half dozen over 30, I can tell you now I am having much more fun in WaR, than I was in WoW.

However they are time consuming and you if you get into a MMO, your gaming time, model making and painting will suffer for it, if that sounds bad to you, avoid at all costs.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-13-08, 09:42 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

WoW is like that employee who comes into an interview and, when asked what their fatal flaw is, responds "Sometimes, I think I'm just too good." And they're not lying. Seriously there's not many bad things about WoW...off the top of my head, just that it takes way to much time (but hey, it's an MMORPG lolz!)

If you've got time and money to kill, do it.

post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-14-08, 02:07 AM

NerdyOgre254's Flag is: Australia

Let's see here...

- Expect addiction.
- The game wants you to group regularly.
- 5 man groups for small dungeons are hard to organise, let alone 25-man raids.
- 13 year olds play WoW.
- PvP is basically a grind-fest. I spent 3 weeks playing just to get a PvP wand.

On the subject of Rat Ogres:
But if we give them laser eyes and mounted guns, we'll have to bring in Clan Skryre, and everyone knows how much those limp-tailed snuff addicts overcharge.
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-14-08, 02:55 AM

Fenrakk101's Flag is: USA

WoW bows down to 40K. It's like the school bully: he gives you a punch in the gut to start your day. WoW is hazardous to your mental and physical well-being. I'd sooner sell my soul to Dark Eldar than play that damned corrosive, infected, retarded, f!@#$% game.

Seriously guys, he said not to say anything good. If you don't have anything bad to say, hold onto your wisdom. If you were in his position, would you want others preaching about how great the game is?

My Adoptables
This is my YouTube page
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-14-08, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

well thanks to the first few posts im now going to buy it on the weekend, damn it, i hate you, im beyond bored due to lack of proper games to play

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-14-08, 08:56 AM
moo

moo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Actually i've played wow for about a year and i played it to death and got really bored towards the end so much. Its so time consuming, the end game stuff scaled is really unbalanced imo. The time it takes to level to a 70 character is so long its actually pretty boring unless you got others to level with. PVP is actually very monotonous and once you get the hang of it, its quite easy, All the end level dungeons are very samey now at level 70, the level 60 ones were awesome. There's loads and loads of annoying people in the game, there are always people spamming the chats and stuff, or farming areas where you need quest items etc. In PVP servers you'll always be guarenteed a good ganking from higher level characters. The effort, money and time you put in at the end of the day will feel like a waste of time. All in all its not a bad game, addictive at first but once you've done most things its kinda boring just waiting for the next content and then when they do release new content, its boring and lame and it makes all the last few months of effort you've put in a waste of time cos the new content stuff is more powerful and easier to get.

Im not bitter ;) to be honest wait a bit longer and get starcraft 2 ;)
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-14-08, 09:22 AM

Dagmire's Flag is: United Kingdom

well with 3 level 70 toons, i gave upthe game for the sake of my real life. i still miss it but i hope never to go back there again!
To be honest i am glad i found 40k to get me out of my wow rutt, sitting on the interwebs all day is not good for you or you fingers

Please listen to my PODCAST

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraknarn
This unholy amalgum of womanly sexiness with unfathomable macho should never have been created. Birth rates will plummit, the entire male population will be turned, women kind everywhere will cry desperately to ravished, but no man will heed the call except Dagmire himself. Perhaps this has been Dagmires plan all along. . . . . .
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-14-08, 11:12 AM

surreal-mind's Flag is: Australia

i tried it and gave up by level 20, its the most repiditive game and everyone bags you if you ask a question, gah i could go on but it doesnt suit me aaaat aallllll i tried 3 dif races, oh and im a huge blizz fan too it just makes me verry angry (wheres my chain axe i need to blow some steam *screams BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD*)

Seven, That is all.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode