diss World of Warcraft - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-02-09, 10:22 AM

Does having a ~100 days played on one character and ~45 on another make me a bad person?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-04-09, 04:16 PM
Count Arioch's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenarian View Post
Does having a ~100 days played on one character and ~45 on another make me a bad person?
Dude, Angstrom? Yo man, it's Zanti. Sup?
post #73 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-04-09, 05:07 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

WoW is absolute shit...

Better than LoTR's Tabletop Strategy Game though
post #74 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-04-09, 07:40 PM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

i agree with jez on that one, everyone i know who plays it becomes obsessed. THe family guy 70 virgins for the suiucide bomber scene comes to mind. OSAMA

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
post #75 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-04-09, 08:13 PM

Sarcasm's Flag is: Scotland

What's wrong with the LOTR Strategy Game exactly? I quite like it really.

A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk In Dark Places
post #76 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-04-09, 08:21 PM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

its a bit boring

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
post #77 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-04-09, 11:11 PM

World of Warcraft's storyline is disconnected and has no purpose other than making blizzard money

post #78 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 12:18 PM

pchandler43's Flag is: USA

WoW in a nutshell:

Step one - make character
Step two - find pointy stick
Step three - beat purple bear over head with stick
Step four - pull receipe for baking bread out of bears a**
Step five - repeat 9000000000000000 times

Did I mention the game has no connection in anyway shape or form to the plot of the original warcraft games?

I played it for...a week...maybe....

Then I decided I like sunlight and booze better than beating 3 dimensional purple love bears over the head with 46 different types of pointy sticks for receipes the developers shoved up their hind quaters

"From the darkness we strike: fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."
— Raven Guard saying

Last edited by pchandler43; 01-16-09 at 12:24 PM.
post #79 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 07:22 PM
Refyougee's Flag is: Canada

WoW is pretty boring, I played for an hour and had trouble figuring out why some of my friends threw away their social lives for this game.

On the upside since the majority (80+%) of players are male it leaves alot of women fed up with the fact that their men ignore them for WoW and makes them that much easier to pick up.

Read mah blawg

Plays:
Space Wolves, Space Marines, Blood Angels, Tyranids, Daemonhunters, Eldar, Tau
Lizardmen
Cryx
post #80 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 09:08 PM

silverhawk11011's Flag is: Canada

Well, I have to admit I was a wow player lol.
In wow your days played is really counted days played, so if you only play for 1 hour, your total time played will only be 1 hour, even if you log off for a week.
Silverhawk - Level 80 (198 days played) (transferred servers so now is named BluDragon)
Viidus - level 64 (69 days played)

I started playing wow about 2 months after its release. Got my character to level 60 and then yes, the "Grind" for gear / gold / patterns / recipe's. I played every day for about 4 or 5 hours. Then I stopped for about 1 week and Burning crusade came out. Played that to level 70 and again.. Grind Grind Grind... Then WOTLK and again hit level 80 and grind grind grind...... Then I came to realize,,,,,,,, Booze, HUMAN INTERACTION, and daylight was something I needed to get.... Plus the wife was getting a little pissed that I played so much. So after this I decided to calculate how much money i have spent on wow.

So lets see.

Purchased world of warcraft $60
Purchased my first time card $40
Now that let me play for 4 Months (you got a free month with the purchase of the game, that could only be activated when you purchased a time card with it.....)
So $100 to get started. From the time wow was released until the Burning crusade came out was, 2004 - 2007.
So every 3 months I payed another $40. So. 3 years.. That's 12 time cards..
so Another $480. So $580 so far. Then I purchased the burning crusade and another time card with it. Ohh and purchased another copy of wow and burning crusade for the wife. wow went back up in price before the release of burning crusade. So 50 for wow and 100 for burning crusade x2. Plus the 2 time cards. So now I am at $810 spent on this online PC game. Now from 2007 - 2008's release of WOTLK I purchased 8 time cards, 1 for me and 1 for the wife. Another $320 bringing the total up to $1030. When WOTLK was release I purchased a copy for myself and another time card. The wife didn't wanna play anymore. So that cost me another $90. So $1120 Just to play the game.
Now I purchased gold about 2 times. (Saw a nice pattern in the Auction House I wanted) But didn't have enough gold to buy it, So I spent $300 and 1 week later another $300. Bringing my Final total up to $1720.

Now here is the funny part... That much money and Time spent playing and I have nothing at all to show for it. I cant even log into my account to look at my characters because I don't have another time card. So its pretty much like I don't have an account at all. So I could have just tossed that $1700 into the toilet and wouldn't know the difference.

Now I cant tell you that wow is a crappy game, and bash it.. Wow is the best MMORPG. Every MMO wants to be it but never will. It is amazing. That's the problem. Its too good and people don't want to stop playing ever. They just keep paying money ever month or 3 to play so they can try to get that much more gold or the next piece of gear to the set. Once you finally get that gold or gear blizzard has been so kind as to add more content with better gear and more gold....

You will get hooked. over 9 million people already are.

If this story didn't scare you.. Look here:

http://www.wowdetox.com/ or
http://www.joystiq.com/2005/11/04/wo...f-young-gamer/

and read about the girl who played wow for 4 or 5 days straight without sleep or eating and died at her computer while her parents were out of town. and the Funeral held In Game in her honor!?!?!?!?//...

Hell is what we live in.
Heaven is what we make of it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode