diss World of Warcraft - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-08, 05:50 PM
Count Arioch's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
you know wats funny, people think its pathetic to be addicted to wow yet nobody really cares that im addicted to call of duty, nobody says im pathetic and useless and stuff, they dont care while they hate wow and blame me for societies probs if i play it.
I don't care because I don't know you. And the fact that you can't attempt to use punctuation, capitalization, or even attempt to spell words properly means that I probably don't care to know you either.

(Note: I understand that people make mistakes, and I also understand there's several dialects of written English running around here. I don't think your finger slipped on the shift key or just forgot a apostrophe though, nor do I think your post conforms to Australian English. I think your spelling and grammar was deliberate.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-08, 06:34 PM

Leatharnak's Flag is: USA

That game, and all MMORPGS, are the spawn of some lesser Tzeneetchen daemon who found out that humans can be attracted to waste enormous amounts of time imagining that they are foo-foo elves killing cartoon boars and collecting gold. Seriously 10 years ago, if you'd have gone up to a game designer and told them "Make a game where you have to kill a bunch of creatures then take X number of Y items off of their corpses to make Z shitty item" and then tell them that they have to do it about a million times and you might...might be able to reach a high level. They'd shit themselves with laughter at how impossibly stupid a person would have to be to play, and pay money each month, for that game.

WoW is the worst time sink ever. Definitely the work of Tzeneetch.

Currently Painting: Noffin'...yet
Currently Modeling: Cybork Nobz with Kromlech Legs and Torsos

"For Gork...or possibly Mork."

"Though my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire."
--Lufgt Huron, the Tyrant of Badab

"Sir, do you know they've cut us off? We're entirely surrounded."
"Those poor bastards," Puller said. "They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now."
--From Marine! The Life Of Lt. Gen. Lewis B. (Chesty) Puller USMC (Ret.) By Burke Davis

post #63 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-08, 07:00 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

To be fair Leatharnak the same could be said of every RPG PC/console game ever made, and to a slightly lesser extent any game in general. Unless you are a pro player earning money from playing games, you/we are all wasting time while sitting at the PC/console or whatever.

At the end of the day it comes down to a simple question, are you enjoying it? If the answer is yes and you're not hurting anyone else then fine.

The main thing is for me is I've actually probably saved money playing WoW, where as I'd buy at least a full priced console game every other month or more in the past. I've brought just two games this year, and maybe two - three discounted ones (£18, £10 and £5) as unless its a partiular title I'm interested in (Dynasty Warriors/Silent Hill.) Or a triple A title I feel I need to try (GTA IV,) then its not worth me buying it as I'll nearly always go back and play WoW over them.

I do understand why some folks don't get it, I don't get Metal Gear for example although the mags seem to be telling me its awesome. Although I don't see the need to make a big issue out of it, makes me wonder why folks do it tbh.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #64 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-08, 07:12 PM

Ahala's Flag is: Australia

Hmm If that is true that it is the worst game ever how come it is the most successfull game ever? How come all these people play it and they Pay for it not once but every month?
It is your opinion that it sucks, but for over 10 million people who play the game it isnt the worst.

Don't try and use the 'if you go back a few years you will see'.

If you had gone back 10 years and said that to a games designer no wonder why theyll laugh at you. They would think it some sort of joke, you would have to be 'stupid' to do do that, its no wonder why they would laugh. But instead you would talk about all the good things wow has all the different areas all the different things to do. The whole game does not conisist of kill this x amount of times for y amounts of items.

But hey, think about it a while ago, The first time bikini's came out people laughed. The majority of people didn't like them and even shunned the people who wore them.
But, times change now look around at a beach or a swimming pool, every where you look theres a million of them.
It's the same deal with Wow here. Yes it is different, but are any of you actually going to full heartedly complain about bikini's? They were laughed at like wow is.
Not saying that everyones going to go and play wow in the future, thats just not going to happen. But at this time Wow is the thing being laughed at and even hated. But someitime in the future it is going to pass and some other game will take all the medias attention.

Things change and many times it is for the better.

The media doesnt tell the world what happens in every single game that changed peoples lives. Sure some people killed themselves, not because of wow but because they decide to (stupid yes but it is true).
Wow only gets the bad attention because alot of the people who would otherwise be playing other games to death, (doing the exact same thing they do with Wow) have killed themselves. If it wasnt going to be wow it would be some other game they've been playing and lose their wife, money, jobs. It isnt just wow its the few idiots who decide to play it.

Last edited by Ahala; 12-17-08 at 07:18 PM.
post #65 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-08, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahala View Post
Hmm If that is true that it is the worst game ever how come it is the most successfull game ever? How come all these people play it and they Pay for it not once but every month?
It is your opinion that it sucks, but for over 10 million people who play the game it isnt the worst.
that 10 million is how many account blizzard has, not how many actually still play it, my bet is that probably about 5-7 million play on a regular basis still a big number but not as big.

as to duruchii, sorry about my fail spelling, when im tired i give up on trying to spell correctly as im really bad at English even though its my first language :p

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #66 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-08, 09:29 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells_fury View Post
as to duruchii, sorry about my fail spelling, when im tired i give up on trying to spell correctly as im really bad at English even though its my first language :p
The what now?

That was the count fella not me Hells, as a non recovering dyslexic I don't tend to berate anyone over grammer or spelling.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #67 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-08, 09:46 PM

Morgal's Flag is: Canada

warhammer is better.

collision and keeps and actuall pvp.....
not 5:5 arena focus fire and gear determins the winner(i was 2000+ rated), or the same 4 bg's over and over or the ...well there is no world pvp.

Also punting people is awsome...you can punt dwarves...i mean if your not already out the door getting the game i'm not sure what to say.

oh ya, no wow kiddies.

Yeah, well the Space Marines never dropped forty thousand feet in a drop pod WITHOUT power armor.
-Lt.Hperon of the Olympian 125th "Hell Troopers"[KIA]
post #68 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-18-08, 05:07 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Are we really blaming WoW for people killing themselves?

I read an article about two parents who let their baby drown in the tub because they were in the middle of a raid. Is that WoW's fault?

Hell fucking no. Those people were obviously terrible parents before they played WoW. Same goes for the people who "died" while playing WoW; they get a Darwin Award.

I wish people would realize how immature and ignorant it was to blame something like a videogame, movie, or even a book for a person's conscious choice to do something so utterly stupid that they make it onto the news. That's like blaming Marilyn Manson for the Columbine shooting. The only people who were at fault were the stupid ass dumbshits who thought it would be a good idea to cry for help by shooting innocent people, not a goth rock artist who just pumps out wierd ass songs for disillusioned kids. I sincerely hold this world would be a better place if people who spout such ignorant nonesense would just shut their mouths about, well, everything. Like the people who toted Mass Effect as an alien assboobfest that was corrupting the Christian youth of America. One lady went on the news denouncing Mass Effect like it was the Antichrist and Satan combined, but when asked if shed ever played the game...

What's really at fault here? A stupid kid who killed him/herself because they made the choice to play too much WoW, or WoW?

There is a right answer to this question.

Last edited by Captain Galus; 12-18-08 at 05:15 AM.
post #69 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-18-08, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii in Space View Post
The what now?

That was the count fella not me Hells, as a non recovering dyslexic I don't tend to berate anyone over grammer or spelling.
oops lmao, oh my bad, im spacing out epicly now lol.

as for the matter very good point capt, its the people thats the prob not the game, the kid in some country (no idea now) that killed a cab driver to see if it was as easy as it was in GTA IV, sure the game might off given him the idea but he was messed up enough to go out and do it.

yes playing violent games and watching violent movies give us ideas, hell even i know how to kill someone with my bare hands cause of a movie or game its the person that makes the choice. even though i know how to kill i prob never would as i have a concise in real life, in a game who gives a fuck, the guy i just killed will respawn in about 2 seconds with no major losses, he doesnt feel any pain and it wont ruin his life in any way. unless hes like a psychos person who cant accept defeat and destroys his computer.

Yes i know this is off topic but i really hate it when you get prople like jack tomson (however you spell his name) assume its the games fault and not the persons so i decided to let it out here

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #70 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-22-08, 05:28 AM

Pronoun's Flag is: USA

WoW... lots of things to consider if you're thinking about playing it. Now, I have a level 73 character, so this advice MAY be biased. If you have any experience with MMO's prior to it, you will most likely not find it too difficult. It's repetetive, yes, but that's to be expected in an MMO. It's also addictive, but if you have an ounce of self control, you'll be able to keep yourself from playing 24/7. People avoid it like the plague because they hear the stories on the news about kids killing themselves over having their character deleted, or people staying up for 5 days because they can't stop playing it. Those people make up what, 0.1% of the WoW population?

The first 20 levels or so are boring as fuck, but once you get to Hillsbrad Fields (as Horde), it get's fun, as well as frustrating. People on the opposite faction will not hesitate to kill you the moment they see you. It's a very competitive game. It's very much like real life, which is what I think interests so many people. There's so much more to it that just levelling up. There are thousands of Guilds and a thousand times more people, some will piss you off, some you will like. There's an auction house which functions very similarly to a real market. You buy and sell things, the more there is, the less it costs, the more people want it, the more it costs. You have to learn how to cooperate with other players for group quests and Instances, which are 5 man dungeons full of elite monsters and usually 3-5 bosses.

A lot of people are unwilling to try it because they hear that it is nothing but 13 year olds. That's the Alliance. And yeah, both sides have 13 year olds, just the Alliance has more, but there are going to be people you don't like anyway. The majority of the people I run into are just normal people. Saying WoW is terrible because it's full of 13 year olds is like saying jobs are terrible because there is always someone annoying in the office. Okay, maybe not exactly, but you get my point.

WoW isn't really all that expensive either. $15 a month. Sounds like a lot. But look, that's $45 every 3 months. You could spend 45 dollars for a game that you will probably play for 3 months, or spend $50 on an Xbox game that you won't play longer than a month. If you can afford 40k, you can afford WoW.

So yeah, WoW is a pretty fun game that has a bad reputation with a lot of people. If you find you're bored a lot, try it out.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode