diss World of Warcraft - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-25-08, 01:42 PM

Chaos&Beer's Flag is: USA

WoW is a really fun game, a little too fun IMO. I was hopelessly addicted to this game for 2.5 years and almost ended up divorced because of it. I'm serious, serious as cancer.

Once you hit 70 (now 80, haven't played since wotlk came out) you need to farm for at least 2 hours a day to stay raid-ready, and that's only if you managed to get into a good raid guild that isn't full of E-Peen flailing teenagers/casuals. Not to mention the endless hours of PvPing required to stay on top of your game and keep your arena rating up.

The game requires A LOT of playing to be a top-notch raider/PvPer. When I say a lot, I mean A SHIT-TON. It is fun though.

If you have other things you like to do besides playing video-games and don't want to stop doing them, or are in a relationship with someone who doesn't play WoW, DO NOT START PLAYING. Once you're in, you're stuck there until someone or something pulls you out. I can't even go to the WoW website for fear that I'll reactivate my account... That's how bad I am with that game.

Check out the Encyclopedia Dramatica article on WoW. While it is a parody, it's not that far from the truth. For real.

Battle Record (since joining Heresy-Online)

W-L-D

19-14-0

"A confirmation of your worst fears. Ever since his first years, had the thirst for beers." -MF DOOM as Viktor Vaughn

Last edited by Chaos&Beer; 11-25-08 at 01:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-25-08, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

i played wow for about a 3 weeks, its a good game unless you dont have friends. me and a friend did that recruit a friend and we both played for 3 weeks doing random shit and bieng dc's. then cod5 came out so he went and played cod4 and i had nothing but wow. i was shit bored so i stopped playing.

long story short, wow only sucks if you have no friends :p

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #53 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 04:48 PM
Count Arioch's Flag is: USA

My wife ignored me, cheated on me on several occasions, and eventually left me for her newest e-fling because of this fucking game. I hate it and anyone who defends it by extension.
post #54 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 04:52 PM

Shit game.

I always knew I was an unwanted child when my bathtoys were an electric toaster and an alarm clock radio.http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6067&dateline=1226929  578

Currently playing:
Venomspam Dark Eldar, Dragiowing, Russel Crowe and his purifier buddies, Space wolves, Heresy Worldeaters (Countas BA)
post #55 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 06:55 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

As much as I like to think the assorted chans are the ass cancer of the internet, in reality, it's WoW. No other game, even Everquest, can claim it has destroyed as many lives as WoW. I had a roommate my freshman year who bloody flunked out of community college (not real college, mind you--this is the kind that even incompetent twits can get into because there are no admissions requirements whatsoever) playing WoW. That took talent, because until he flunked out, I didn't even know it was possible to be dismissed from community college. I won't touch the game with a ten foot brand of the Aquila, and every time I hear someone carrying on about their level 60 blood elf nob jockey, I want to slap them and shake them and yell "no!" until they stop.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #56 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 07:50 PM

Ahala's Flag is: Australia

Ive played wow for years.
Great game, every now and then Ill have a break from it an play another game, but then i go back and play wow.

Anyone else noticed how the reason why peaople 'diss' wow is because of the few people who take it to extreems?
Those people are only a very small fraction of the millions of people playing it. But everyone looks at the few people that are just retarded that play it nonstop, lose their lives, sometimes even their actuall lives.
But no one ever looks at all those people who play wow, dont play it 24 7 have wives have kids are in a healthy relationship, go to school, go to work, go out with friends, do other things, and Live their lives just like alot of other people do.

Sure their are dickheads who have no life and play wow. thats their own choice. Wow doesnt brainwash them into doing it, it doesnt brainwash everyone who plays it into playing it non stop, its everyone own choice.

Just because a very few amount of people make the wrong choice doesnt mean that Wow is a bad game or that it is 'evil'. Heck i play it even my father plays it, and hes got a life goes out with friends has a great relationship with my mother. theyve never fought or anything.

If Wow wasnt around all those dickheads would still be playing other games wouldnt they? and there would probably be another game around that is marked as 'evil'

The thing is, play wow if you want to, get bored of it? stop playing just like any other game, its not for everyone. If you like it and keep palying it tho, make sure you dont lose your life.
quite simple actually.
post #57 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 11:02 PM
is going to DISNEY LAND

khorneflake's Flag is: USA

is it ironic that there is a WoW banner right above this?

i hate it, my exfriend was one of those people who plays at any time, i called him once and he was up playing WOW. i called back the next day. hes still playing WOW. i hate it, but hey, i play warcraft III

http://host71690.123flashchat.com/TalkWargaming/
Pop a cold one and join us in the TalkWargaming flaschat!
post #58 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khorneflake View Post
i

i hate it, my exfriend was one of those people who plays at any time, i called him once and he was up playing WOW. i called back the next day. hes still playing WOW. i hate it, but hey, i play warcraft III
Is this the reason why they are your exfriend?

WoW is ok but can be mind numbing.
post #59 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-08, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

you know wats funny, people think its pathetic to be addicted to wow yet nobody really cares that im addicted to call of duty, nobody says im pathetic and useless and stuff, they dont care while they hate wow and blame me for societies probs if i play it.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #60 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-17-08, 07:59 AM
The voices told me to....

Hudson's Flag is: England

lol yea don't think too many people die playing COD though

but yea i play WOW and enjoy it, i have a sucky laptop and it's one of the few games that run on it. been playing for a few weeks and hit level 25 last night which was nice. i still have a life i go out etc but during the week after work it's quite nice to play a good game and meet some random people and join up on some quests yea there are some twats but it's a huge community there are gunna be some weirdos.....heck i'm there lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode