CoD4 New Guns: What would you want? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-07-08, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Kharnage's Flag is: Australia

Default CoD4 New Guns: What would you want?

If there was a patch/expansion for CoD4 with weapons, what would you like to see included?

Personally, I'd like to see (I admit, a fair few CS weapons):

SA80/L85A1 assault rifle

FAMAS assault rifle

Steyr-AUG assault rifle

Heckler & Koch UMP sub-machine gun

And maybe a silenced sniper rifle...

And as a WWII kickback, possibly a portable MG42 or Bren.

Your thoughts?

(P.S. If this needs to be moved to Off Topic, please do so.)

All is dust...

Last edited by Kharnage; 10-07-08 at 10:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 03:49 PM

Alexander Darkblade's Flag is: USA

I'd like to see the SA80, OICW, Land warrior model M4, FAMAS, AR-15 (WOOT!) and the PSG1 Sniper rifle (theres your slinced sniper ^_^)

and most of all.... A BOLTER! xD

"The Knights are broken, the Renegades are defeated, there remains only one truth to our order... Vengeance"
Chaos Lord Darkblade, Darksteel Disciples
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 04:14 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

An ICBM with a 10 megaton warhead. Nah, kidding, though that would be flipping awesome ("TAKE THAT CAMPERS!")

Is there a PK on CoD4? I've seen a mod for battlefield 2 to have space marines, a Piranha Tau thing, and a lasgun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 10:21 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

mortar type weapon like in enemy territory wolfenstien, that was fun except for the fact that there was a good chance to get allies. Also would love to see a bolter but i doubt that would ever happen.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 10:36 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

NO SA80. Worst ever weapon.

The L85 Sniper I'd like to see that. That's actual pure sex in a gun, this is your Jessica Rabbit, while the Barrett is the Arnold Swarzennegger. You might have a good ride off it, but you'll never walk the same again.

Personally, I'd like to see the Artic Warfare Magnum's brought in. Far better Bolt Action Rifles than R700's.

I'd prefer to see more about the customization of the guns though. You earn Exp points, and then you can either keep them, for levels, or exchange for weaponry. You make a choice at the end of every battle. Far better way, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 10:52 PM

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

SA80 is one of the best weapons to be put in actually, effective at both long range (scoped variant) and shorter range with it's fully automatic capability, combined with a bullpup design for increased stability.

However, on the counter-argument, it is not used by SF at all, except for its MG variant, which was so accurate it was converted into a para-sniper rifle and given a small magazine. There's your lesser-known silenced sniper rifle. I wouldn't mind the SR-25 or at least allowing a silencer attachment to the dragunov.

Also, the first rifle is the AWP, just under a different name. Look at the design, shape and how it fires. It is the the L96A1 AWP variant, given a different name. The name given on COD4, M40A1 I believe, does not actually exist in that style of rifle. The closest one is the M40A3, which looks more like the R700.

The M85 would be nice, but too insane. You already have access to the bolt-action variant of the .50 cal Barret, the M95. To make that the semi M85 variant would make it so freaking overpowered, it wouldn't be funny. It would literally be like the M21 with a 10 bullet magazine that's as powerful as the M95. You could spam the helo's down, and shred infantry like crazy.

Last edited by Ordo Xeno Commander; 10-10-08 at 10:59 PM.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 10:57 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Take the Barret Light 50 out...there's no way to balance that thing at all. Replace it with the L96, AWP/M, and PSG-1.

Take out the STG44...what the hell is that thing doing in a modern warfare game? Replace it with the SA80, FAMAS G2, L1A1, and just for kicks the OICW and M8 (both are now permanently discontinued).

Take out the Mini Uzi and Skorpion. Replace with UMP45, HKMP7, and the Bizon SMG for the hell of it.

Keep the 3 original LMGs. Add the Stoner M63.

Keep the 2 original shotguns. Add the SPAS-12, SPAS-15 automatic shotgun, FN TPS (Tactical Police Shotgun). None of those are really military hardware, but none of the SMGs are either, save the MP5.

Keep all the pistols. Add the Calico 9mm (100 round pistol), HK VP70, Walther P99, Baretta 93R, Makarov PM (Standard Issue Sidearm for the Russian military as i understand it...feel free to correct me on that), and the IMI Jericho chambered for .40S&W.

Make it so that you can use a grenade launcher or handle without giving up the ability to take the Perk in Slot 1. Take the ACOG off snipers and give them a different close-range scope. Take ACOG off assault rifles and LMGs and give them a Reflex sight with increase zoom (so you could take the close range Reflex or long range Reflex).

That's just stuff i think would be cool, anyway.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 11:48 PM

Pirate Metal Troy's Flag is: Canada

I'd want it to not take a day to get the p90 after prestiging..GRRRR

Thousand Sons: 5W - 2L - 0T
Emperor's Children: 7W - 1L - 1T
Necrons: 1W - 2L - 1T
Salamanders: 3W - 1L - 1T
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 11:54 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

SA80 is absolute bollocks. Try using it in any sort of conditions where the weapon is outside, and the gun will break.

It's useless outside the firing range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-08, 02:34 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

they probably wont mod it so that n00b tubes (grenade launchers) wont affect perk 1, that would unbalance games so much with people running around with 2 n00b launchers and 3 frag grenades limiting how much these people would need to shoot to get a 3 kill streak or even 5 if their nades kill effectively.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode