WARNING: Gold Selling, Power Leveling, Cheat Sites: Forbidden! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-08, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Default WARNING: Gold Selling, Power Leveling, Cheat Sites: Forbidden!

Lately we've been getting spam threads advertising Gold Selling and Power Leveling services for WAR. Some of them were pretty sneaky. People pretending to be noobs asking if whatever site is legit, followed by a second account by the same guy going "Oh yeah, they're great!"

These sites, however, are nothing but trouble. All too often they're fronts for people running scams, stealing credit card info, game accounts, etc. As a result, we've got a new rule that everyone needs to be aware of.

Threads About Gold Farming/Selling, Power Leveling or other shady Bullshit Regarding Warhammer Online or any other online game Will NOT Be Tolerated!

These sites always violate the terms of use of your chosen videogame and more often than not are fronts for scammers, hackers and account thieves. Heresy Online is not responsible for any damage to your computer, game account or bank accounts resulting from someone being stupid, lazy and greedy enough to click a link to one of those sites.

If you see anyone posting an ad for such a site, asking about specific ones or linking to them in any way, shape or form, report them immediately. I don't care if it looks like an innocent newbie asking if I-Steal-Your-Credit-Cards.com is a legit site or not. If you see a link to or name of a site offering shady services for online games, report the fuckers.

Anyone caught intentionally shilling for these sites will be banned, permanently. No warning.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Last edited by Galahad; 09-25-08 at 01:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-08, 07:46 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Saw one of those the other day. banning is too good for them, should sign them up for spam sites while your at it, just to let them know how it feels.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-08, 07:47 AM

onlainari's Flag is: Australia

Yay. Good news.

Jugger
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-08, 07:51 AM

officer kerky's Flag is: Australia

no more spam i had it once wasn't nice or friendly
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-08, 11:26 AM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Saw too many of my friends accounts get hacked in WoW, just because they went to the wrong help guide site (that had been hacked) or clicked on the wrong link. Gold Sellers are scum, and I'll be happily reporting any of the feckers I see.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-08, 08:05 PM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

check out the irony of that, theres a banner for one on the botttom of this thread, i find that really funny.

Sorry about posting address, i did not know.

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

Last edited by dirty-dog-; 09-25-08 at 01:23 AM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-08, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

I'll have a word with Jezlad about blocking them in our adbars. If you see any others, please PM me with the URL of the site so I can pass it on to Jez. But please avoid posting the address on the forums. Just fire off a PM

"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-08, 07:38 PM

system's Flag is: England

Great news!!!

Website = www.arcane-gaming.com
Shop = www.groovycart.co.uk/arcanegaming
Models bellow RRP, Half price computer game with any models for Heresy Online users. Just email us your selection for an invoice.
Email = Info@arcane-gaming.com
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-08, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Unfortunately blocking them is harder than I initially suspected. We are only allowed to block a handfull of sites (and we've used up a few already) but there's literally hundreds of gold sellers out there.

So all I can do is reinforce my warning: Do NOT go to these sites. They're against the rules of the game and more often than not they're scammers either out to take your money or infect your computer with keyloggers so they can jack your account and steal your personal information. It's just not worth the risk.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-08, 12:59 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I find it sad that people actually make these sites in the first place, and find it twice as sad people actually use them to give there characters better and stronger equipment, instead of actually playing the game like your supposed to, sad pathetic people.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode