Farcry 4 spoilers. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Default Farcry 4 spoilers.

So I finally got around to playing farcry 4 and I have mixed feelings about it. Gameplay is fine Ubisoft kept everything that worked in 3 and added in a few new things, however the story of the other hand is what gets me.

In farcry 3 the point that vaas, hoyt and everyone under their employ were unrepentant psychos was driven home constantly. Combined with the fact that if Grant didn't die chances are he would have been fighting with you doing exactly the same things drives that home.

Then the story in four, trying to fulfill your mothers final wish which ends up with you fighting a dictator for stupid reasons. My question is why? Pagan Min never did anything to make a person want overthrow his regime. At the start of the game a bus was stopped at a check point in a country in the middle of a civil war. The soldiers gunned down several armed men who were part of the opposing side.

Is that supposed to be my driving force behind wanted to help the golden path? because it doesn't feel like it. Or perhaps it's Min's introduction, the part where he executes an incompetent officer? it still feels shallow.

Or perhaps the torturing of the golden path at the beginning. This on the other hand tells allot about his character, by this point Min Know exactly who Ajay is, yet he lets him live. Don't you think he would have thought the rebels might have tried to use him as an inspiration for their cause? if that was the case wouldn't he have had him executed? yet if you do exactly what he says he helps you fulfill your mothers wishes and gives you more background about her past which she never spoke about.

To me ubi missed a golden opportunity here, instead of having the game end with choosing a religious zealot or a slaver have the secret ending become a whole new storyline where you assist him and stopping the golden path and finally bringing stability to the region.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode