Dragon Age; Inquisition - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-17-14, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
LordNecross's Avatar
LordNecross's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: California
Posts: 326
Reputation: 1
Default

Never trust review sites TBH. Always Moderate Player opinion, never hardcore fans either.

However I don't doubt that its a good game, I just wonder how detailed the "Save Import" system will be for setting up the decisions of the last two games.

LordNecross is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-17-14, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 13,058
Reputation: 79


Default

The Dragon Age keep? It's quite in-depth regarding main choices, but side quests are rarely referenced. I found this on another site regarding how deep the plot goes for the default world state -



This is the information on the Keep which is loaded into the game and possibly influences "decisions" or courses of action by characters in game (i.e Hawkes set up, and his/her attitude you chose will have an effect on what happens when you meet him/her).

Everything of those little bullet points can be changed - i.e things like X survived, didn't romance, etc can be changed to survived, did romance, didn't survive (obviously didn't romance - which is a shame, I've always found Necrophilia to be a heavily misunderstood idea), etc.

At the end of the day, you're playing Dragon Age Inquisition - while it's nice to have continuity with the rest of the story, and little analogies, I want to play Dragon Age Inquisition, not have vast sweeping segments of the game dictated by previous games choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-17-14, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 13,058
Reputation: 79


Default


This gives you an insight into the character creation. No spoilers in it.

Apart from looking fucking ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-15, 06:24 AM
Jeepers
 
Loli's Avatar
Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Posts: 1,354
Reputation: 8


Default

Well I got thjs for my PS4 on my birthday before Christmas but honestly I barely touched it, I did the few opening things ujtil you get sent to the Hinterlands then just left it. Well last Saturday I decided to finally play it properly, deleted and started again.

Since mid afternoon last Saturday I've racked up 73 hours played. My god this game is long. I've barely touched the story because my nature is to complete zones as I'm in them. Spent what felt like an eternity in the Hinterlands. Did the story thing with the Templars, then did Josephines personal quest. Zipped over to the Western Approach and now I'm trudging through Emprice Du Lion, my Jimmy is the keep there painful. I've wiped 4 times trying to reach Amshael. Eventual I had to go back to Skyhold and put a rune in which made an easier time of things but damn.

A fee complaints though;

The silence. Oje thing I loved in Origins was the mottle conversations between your party as you traveled. And maybe it's just me but it feels like that's been scaled back. I'm forever walking in silence. Since they made the zones huge and beautiful I'm doing a lot of walking and aside from rarely getting a single line about a quest or maybe two lines of dialogue between two of them I'd never notice I had a party. They barely say a word to one another which can make trudging through some of the zones a chore.

No Alistair. I'm playing with the default, which means Alistair is king. And this whole thing is affecting more than just Fereldan, yet he doesn't seem to make an appearance beyond a War Table script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
Loli is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-15, 05:00 PM
Senior Member
 
gothik's Avatar
gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Folkestone Kent UK
Posts: 2,179
Reputation: 22


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
Well I got thjs for my PS4 on my birthday before Christmas but honestly I barely touched it, I did the few opening things ujtil you get sent to the Hinterlands then just left it. Well last Saturday I decided to finally play it properly, deleted and started again.

Since mid afternoon last Saturday I've racked up 73 hours played. My god this game is long. I've barely touched the story because my nature is to complete zones as I'm in them. Spent what felt like an eternity in the Hinterlands. Did the story thing with the Templars, then did Josephines personal quest. Zipped over to the Western Approach and now I'm trudging through Emprice Du Lion, my Jimmy is the keep there painful. I've wiped 4 times trying to reach Amshael. Eventual I had to go back to Skyhold and put a rune in which made an easier time of things but damn.

A fee complaints though;

The silence. Oje thing I loved in Origins was the mottle conversations between your party as you traveled. And maybe it's just me but it feels like that's been scaled back. I'm forever walking in silence. Since they made the zones huge and beautiful I'm doing a lot of walking and aside from rarely getting a single line about a quest or maybe two lines of dialogue between two of them I'd never notice I had a party. They barely say a word to one another which can make trudging through some of the zones a chore.

No Alistair. I'm playing with the default, which means Alistair is king. And this whole thing is affecting more than just Fereldan, yet he doesn't seem to make an appearance beyond a War Table script.
if you decide to go with the Mages instead of Templars, then you get an Alistair appearance, or if you make him the Warden instead of king and he did the deed with Morrigan, or married a female warden, or was with the Hero of Ferelden and remained with the Wardens he also appears then.

racked up a few hours on this myself. but atm put it aside for Forza 5 and Shadow of Mordor...i am so impressed with that gamem, i love DAI but SOM kicks its arse by miles....bit like a Rangers pub after an old firm match.
gothik is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-15, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 13,058
Reputation: 79


Default

You weren't really meant to "complete" the Hinterlands before you advanced the story.

The party banter (or lack thereof) is a known bug, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-15, 07:41 PM
Jeepers
 
Loli's Avatar
Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Posts: 1,354
Reputation: 8


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
You weren't really meant to "complete" the Hinterlands before you advanced the story.

The party banter (or lack thereof) is a known bug, apparently.
Lies, you get plonked in the zone so it must be completed. ;')

Well I'm glad it's a bug apparently then since it's making walking through zones rather depressing at times, especially if it's one that is sparse on enemies.

@gothik I've heard of decent things regarding SoM, but I think I'd rather just wait for it to drop in price or they release a complete version with all the DLC.

Thanks for the info about Alistair. I'll have to wait until my second play through then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
Loli is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-15, 07:48 PM
Senior Member
 
gothik's Avatar
gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Folkestone Kent UK
Posts: 2,179
Reputation: 22


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
You weren't really meant to "complete" the Hinterlands before you advanced the story.

The party banter (or lack thereof) is a known bug, apparently.
it was supposed to have been fixed with patch 2 or 3 but whereas i had lots of banter before now i don't so who knows. Also i am not sure if they have fixed the Hinterland Mossaic quest yet as one is unable to be reached due to a glitch or something,.
gothik is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome