Hatred the Game - take control of not-Curze and kill everything - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Hatred the Game - take control of not-Curze and kill everything

Myself, I'm not sold on this. I think there was a ton of outcry against the Modern Warfare 2 airport scene, but that was particularly more current in peoples memory of 9/11 and 7/7, as well as a few school shootings, as well as the massive hype generated by the game as it was, it is a bit more different.

I guess people like to have their mass video game murders actually having a reason (he looked different to me/he was wearing different colour clothes, he spoke in a funny voice, someone told me to) as opposed to any other form of mass murder.

There also has to be someone who plays warhammer who came up with the idea of this game/design brief. It's pretty much Konrad Curze in design and idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 02:41 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Fuck me that was horrible.

Abandon GW, win back your wallet. Play Infinity!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 02:52 PM
Closet Dictator

Oldman78's Flag is: Ireland

Can see a wee bit of backlash comming for this game, just a wee tiny bit!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 02:59 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

this game already disgusts me.
but hey thats just me. maybe there are people that are attracted to this.
Ive seen a ton of negative media coverage on the webs over this game as well, as people in social media practicly condemning this game
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Why? Because they're civilians? Because they're cops? GTA, anyone? Skyrim?

What is the difference between playing Diablo 3 and killing literal millions of pixels whereas this is killing literal millions of pixels? Because they're not portrayed as "enemies"?

What defines enemies? You're told to kill them? By magical glowy guy in the sky? Orders over the radio?

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 03:39 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Why? Because they're civilians? Because they're cops? GTA, anyone? Skyrim?

What is the difference between playing Diablo 3 and killing literal millions of pixels whereas this is killing literal millions of pixels? Because they're not portrayed as "enemies"?

What defines enemies? You're told to kill them? By magical glowy guy in the sky? Orders over the radio?
I apply my own ethics to most of the RPG and shooters I play, why? because I have a tendency to get very much emmersed into the game world, this gave me some issues with modern warfare 2 during the airport scene, you can call it one of my personal flaws if you wish I dont realy care.

I never played GTA, but in Skyrim and its predecessors I don't attack every random person that I come across, and try the most "moraly right" choices I can while playing them and other games that gives you different moral choices.

this games objective is practically and literally to kill as many Innocent civilians and bystanders as possible for as far as I have heard and read.
games like GTA, and Skyrim have a storyline to follow that does not general include killing civilians, innocent people(or NPCs) even if there are some innocent cassualties sometimes. otherwise, yes you can chose to go on a killing spree in most sandbox games, but it does't do a whole lot to progress the storyline.

as I said, maybe other people are attracted to this game, if a close friend would say he enjoys this game after buying it, I wouldn't judge him any different from normal. everyone is different.

Last edited by Haskanael; 10-24-14 at 03:50 PM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

I don't know. GTA is extremely amoral, saying don't kill people, but rob banks/help destroy lives by pushing drugs, etc, while attempting to moralise certain assassinations (they're redneck, preventing us from earning money, he didn't like me shagging his missus). Skyrim lets you support the actions of an Empire headed by a genocidal race, or join a faction which oversaw the slaughter of innocents, or join the Dark Brotherhood or thieves guild.

The deaths of all those people are 'moralised', and of course, the game doesn't force you down that route, it simply provides an option for you, should that be a form of light relief.

One of the big releases for Elder Scrolls Online is the option to kill previously unkillable NPC's. Another massive mod for Skyrim is killable children, or the ability to kill "annoying" NPC's like the guy in windhelm.

In this game, the choice of killing, or rather not killing these ignorant, sorry, innocent people is that you can choose not to buy the game. Which being fair is what most people are doing.

But hypocrisy is the name of the game, I think, rather than hatred.

Quote:
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 04:58 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

I really don't see the problem with this at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 06:25 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I don't see a problem with this game. I might pick it up at some point if I just want to go on a mindless killing spree. Just like I do when I get bored in GTA, Skyrim, and many other games. Not really any difference here that I can see.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 06:37 PM

The only difference between this and COD is that this is being honest about what it is.

Also amusing story, I got banned on another forum for suggesting basically this style of a game.

Between this and No Russian I find it very amusing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode