Spore - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-02-08, 08:40 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

I've actually heard from my slightly more...gamey friends that some people have created some "Anti-Spore" websites because some people have been converted from creationism to darwinism. That's just....strange....

Still, it looks like an amazing game, but knowing my luck my computer won't be able to cope with the specs....damn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-02-08, 10:59 PM

Fenrakk101's Flag is: USA

What exactly is Spore?

My Adoptables
This is my YouTube page
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-02-08, 11:39 PM

EndangeredHuman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisman 007 View Post
I've actually heard from my slightly more...gamey friends that some people have created some "Anti-Spore" websites because some people have been converted from creationism to darwinism. That's just....strange....

Still, it looks like an amazing game, but knowing my luck my computer won't be able to cope with the specs....damn....
I believe your referencing the Anti-Spore website, created by theists to deter youth against science, and, I'm afraid, is a joke website : ) So I hear, anyway.

1500pts Celestial Lions
1000pts Warboss Judge Skull'Umper
500pts Vostroyan & Cadian 119th
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-03-08, 12:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrakk101 View Post
What exactly is Spore?
Spore is a game thats more like five games in one; it begins as a simple feeding game. Eat to survive, to get bigger, and to evolve and get more parts. Eventually it changes and becomes more of a group oriented strategy in which you can travel to other creatures nests and either become friends with them or kill them off, again to survive and evolve further. Further in the game becomes about civilizations and then dominance of the world, and finally space travel and exploration/destruction.

At spores core, at least for me, its a game of life in its many stages; how something can start from a cell and become the dominant species of a world and even the galaxy.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-08, 04:12 PM

Fenrakk101's Flag is: USA

Sounds interesting

My Adoptables
This is my YouTube page
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-08, 01:54 AM

Zorenthewise's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisman 007 View Post
If a game like Spore can shake your creationist beliefs that profoundly, you didn't really believe them to begin with. I doubt that is true that anyone had a change of belief due to Spore first off, and second: I think that is a joke website (if we are thinking of the same one).

"Did you just deploy your guardsmen in ranks?" - Quote from my last battle

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-08, 04:45 PM

TTIO's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkie View Post
nah, you can get if for about 25 now, if you look around a bit (and i dont mean off amazon or e-Bay!)

HMV or Game os probably your best bet...
I just borrowed it off of a friend. I'll buy a license key from EA when I can be bothered...

As to the whole "it's anti-creationist" thing that some people have been saying (not on here) about Spore, I wonder what they'll say if the LHC discovers the Higgs Boson

For those of you that don't know, the discovery of the Higgs Boson will disprove creationism once and for all. Unless creationists decide to throw up the all-purpose "you can't beat me" arguements, such as "God doesn't need to obey the laws of physics" etc. But I discount those, simply because they're basically a get-out arguement.

I could go faster if I had a hoverboard.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 10:29 PM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

ive been playing it, it bored me once i got to tribal so i just sit in the creator, so much fun creating random stuff. my laptops graphics card fails so bad that the sky is half blue half pink :p oh, and the water is green.

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 08:54 PM

TTIO's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like the tribal stage. Not much for replayability, but a good stage imo.

I could go faster if I had a hoverboard.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 03:02 AM

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

finally beat tribal, im now in space, was fun for a while but picking up random aliens and hurling them across the world is amusing for only so long

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode