WaR - GoA drops the ball, then breaks both arms and a leg! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-07-08, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Default WaR - GoA drops the ball, then breaks both arms and a leg!

Hehehe, well I had to do something with the title to cheer me up.

Although I haven't been apart of the band wagon moaning at GoA for the past few weeks about getting the EU Warhammer Online login account centre sorted, I did have faith those moaning where worrying about nothing. Sadly It would seem I was wrong.

Okay it is only day one of Open Beta, and Headstart to launch is still 7 days away, however after the login centre went live this morning at 8.30am (which even I have to admit I thought they where leaving it a little late) an unforeseen glitch has left most of the EU Open Beta crowd stranded trying to login and create accounts.

I think this is not entirely GoA's fault in the sense they didn't think a problem like this would occur. But it is their fault as anyone with much sense, and even myself to a degree who has limited knowledge on how the internets work, would not have left it to the day the open beta starts to launch account set up. It was pretty obvious thousands where going to swamp the site, and this is what has happened. The main 414 error folks have been getting is the site timing out under the strain of so many trying to make their accounts.

Sadly for us in the EU, Mythic figured this out and had the US/Oceanic login set up a few weeks ago, tis a shame GoA didn't follow suit. Thus US Open launch went off without a hitch at around 12.45 GMT today.

I'm sure they will fix it, but I have the feeling it won't be done before 6pm at the earliest, and with a 196mb patch to download once you get the account down, the likelyhood of me and plenty of others playing today is slim.

I hope this is just a glitch and GoA will have sorted out these bugs by launch, as I admit as I said above this is just Open Beta. Now if I lose any of my Headstart time, expect me to be back with pitchforks and torches. Regardless I hope any other EU WaR fans out there today are having more luck than my wife and I are having.

Hope to see you in WaR.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"

Last edited by Druchii in Space; 09-07-08 at 03:24 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode