Destiny: First Impressions - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-11-14, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Default Destiny: First Impressions

Not sure if anyone here is playing Destiny (the new game by Bungie) or not but if you are what are your first impressions?

I have not played it as I was waiting until it comes out on PC however I have some online friends who play it on PS4 and I might pick up a PS4 and the game so I can play it with them. Tough decision though as I told myself I would never own another console (I once owned a PS3 for 3 days or so).

So throw those impressions up here.

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-11-14, 03:02 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've not got it - I'm waiting for a PC release. However, watching a few Lets Plays of it - my favourite one so far being ChristopherOdds - he seems genuinely interested in the story, and is making an attempt at some teamplay based options. He's not that far in compared to some people, but I guess I just like his style of play - especially that he takes the time to level off-camera rather than just grinding it out, or rampaging through story missions.

One person who I've grown to utterly despite over watching it is TetraNinja. His videos now are about 20 minutes long, with 6 or more adverts in, making it fucking annoying to click the little X, and his "commentary" overshadows that of the actual games dialogue, meaning he - and I miss some important bits of lore - then whinges about it not making any sense, neither can the little fuckwit shut up about it being Peter Dinklage as Ghost, and how he tries to relate everything to Game of Thrones (being one of those who has probably never read the books).

But yeah, it looks alright, but kind of grindy and a little short on content. It's a loot based game, without really cool looking loot (say what you will about Diablo 3 initial release, with Loot 2.0, with access to the Legendaries massively changing your abilities, it eventually got the idea of a Loot Dungeon crawler right). The only difference outside of the setting is that this loot crawler is a FPS. An MMO Borderlands, basically.

it's an underwhelming release, that admittedly looks fairly beautiful. I'll be keeping to Borderlands 1.5, cheers. Kind of glad I didn't pick up a PS4 as Destiny was possibly the only reason I would have picked it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-11-14, 08:22 PM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Picked it up release day and have all ready put a ton of time into it. The game is, simply put, fun as hell. Gameplay is smooth in the open areas and in Strike team instances. Havn't ventured into PvP yet. Gun fights are intense. AI is very very smart. They try to flank you, they hide in cover, try to flush you out with grenades. When I sit back with my sniper rifle, mobs will run for cover and depending on how far I am away, will try and flank me.
Overall, I am loving the game. If your a system owner then IMO this is a must buy.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-11-14, 09:40 PM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

I plan to get this as soon as I have a PS4

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-14, 09:34 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

I have been playing it, it's great! I'm about level 8 now.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-21-14, 01:56 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

It looks a bit balls for now, but remember, Bungie are going for the long play with this one, intending it to be modular and able to be built upon, and to last and adapt for several years in this regard.

I'm intending to give it a while and see what they can do with it before picking the game up (also gives them time for the PC release to come out), especially on the story front. After all, it's the parent developer of the unappreciated legends who created the wonder that is Oni, so hopefully they can pull something magnificent out of their hat.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-26-14, 08:24 AM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

After seeing a lot of the reviews and impressions. I no longer want to play this pathetic example of a game. Bungie dun goofed.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-14, 09:44 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

A lot of people are finding fault with it. Thing is, people need to understand that this is not a CoD type of game. It is not Borderlands. It's an MMO shooter.
I've never been a big multiplayer combat fan. So when I went into the Crucible for the experience from a bounty, my expectations were very low. The match I went into was called "Clash". It's 6v6 and was on a map on the moon. Very large open areas where you can pick up a vehicle or sit in a turret on the ridge to blow up said vehicle. Then there are buildings all over where you can get into some fast and deadly action. So, like I said, I went into it with low expectations (not because of the game itself, just this type of game mode). However, it was so much fun that after the 10 min timer was up, it felt like I'd been there for less than a minute. Ended up being 2nd in points/kills on my team. The gunplay was so fast and battles were so frantic that it was just amazing! You come around the corner and start taking tracer fire from 5 directions. Kick off your Super and all of a sudden, I'm throwing my arc blade into people. The kills just racked up as I slashed and stabbed people.
I highly recommend this game. Even waiting till when more content is added, is a good choice. But do yourself a favor, DONT miss out on this game.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-14, 10:51 AM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Playing it on ps4 and its pretty good. The story is shite, but you have fun with randoms online and the gameplay is pretty solid.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-14, 10:54 AM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki1416 View Post
A lot of people are finding fault with it. Thing is, people need to understand that this is not a CoD type of game. It is not Borderlands. It's an MMO shooter.
I've never been a big multiplayer combat fan. So when I went into the Crucible for the experience from a bounty, my expectations were very low. The match I went into was called "Clash". It's 6v6 and was on a map on the moon. Very large open areas where you can pick up a vehicle or sit in a turret on the ridge to blow up said vehicle. Then there are buildings all over where you can get into some fast and deadly action. So, like I said, I went into it with low expectations (not because of the game itself, just this type of game mode). However, it was so much fun that after the 10 min timer was up, it felt like I'd been there for less than a minute. Ended up being 2nd in points/kills on my team. The gunplay was so fast and battles were so frantic that it was just amazing! You come around the corner and start taking tracer fire from 5 directions. Kick off your Super and all of a sudden, I'm throwing my arc blade into people. The kills just racked up as I slashed and stabbed people.
I highly recommend this game. Even waiting till when more content is added, is a good choice. But do yourself a favor, DONT miss out on this game.
gotta agree I really like this game got a titan to level 21 at moment, I find the game play good and fun , I like the openworlds and pvp , theres lots of progression out side the player level , from upgrading gear and weapons to your ships, bungie are actively following the game being an mmo and some changes have already been put in place to stop easy farming for gear , but also new changes coming to engrams( basically blueprints for new gear) to help them produce better gear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode