Destiny: First Impressions - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-14, 11:06 PM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Really looking forward to the engram changes. Picking up a purple engram and having it decrypted into a green item is pure BS. I'm currently a level 28 hunter and am just working on bringing my gear and weapons to max level.
Queens Wrath is their first event, so I expected some problems with it. In fact, I hold no grudge with them for the problems. They did some things right with it and some bad. Their second event is what I'm going to base my opinion of them off of. See if they learned from the mistakes they made and how they fix it to make the event better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-14, 11:34 PM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

I suggest a look at Angry Joe's Review. It sums up the game quite well.

Terribly horrible non-existant story(One obviously used to be there but they cut it out), terribly repetitive game-play. Multiplayer is Halo 3.0 in how it functions.

I wouldn't really call it an MMO either, its more like a slightly larger Borderlands. Alll in all it has nothing to draw me in(Lack of story kill it for me immediately, I should have to go to some site to read about something that should be in game)

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-14, 11:37 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Why would he look at someone else's review when he has played the game and judged it for himself and enjoys it? We get it, you think it's "pathetic", now move along and stop encouraging others to hate it with you.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-14, 11:54 PM

I don't hate it, I am just rather disappointed with how it turned out for the amount of resources supposedly used to develop it.

If he likes it good for him, that is his opinion and his choice, as it is for anyone who likes or dislikes something. I am simply stating my opinion, things that helped to shape my opinion, and thing I specifically don't like about it.

My intention is simply to say what I thought, and to make a rather entertaining suggestion.

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 01:18 AM

The game is excellent in my opinion. I've put dozens of hours into it. The fact that the story is "weak" or "thin" is exactly how it was suppose to be. They intend to unfold this universe to you over the coarse of the next decade (if not more). Why would they give you everything up front? How utterly boring would the game be for the next X years if we knew everything now. I think withholding a lot of the story is ideal for what they're attempting to achieve.

Multiplayer has been found wanting a little bit, but against they just came out with Salvage and in October they plan to release Iron Banner. The first raid came out and if the few reviews that I read about it are accurate its pretty intense.

The reviews for this game have, in my opinion, been a load of shit. The game has absolutely solid core mechanics and a good foundation, anything else than needs changing can be changed in a patch(s).

I would highly recommend the game myself.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-14, 03:12 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNecross View Post
I don't hate it, I am just rather disappointed with how it turned out for the amount of resources supposedly used to develop it.
The game is still being developed, so the "amount of resources supposedly used to develop it" as though this is the final product is an entirely invalid criticism.

Remember, it's the consumers and the publisher who wanted the game out "Now" in its current state. No developer would release something that had any chance of being slated given time. It's not profitable to.

As said previously, it's going to be built on over time. There are fragments of cut/unfinished content in current game data pointing as such, and it was always the intention to build on the universe in such a way. If people never read into the game and the development mindset and method behind it, the developers cannot be blamed for the lack of the consumer's attention.

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-14, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
The game is still being developed, so the "amount of resources supposedly used to develop it" as though this is the final product is an entirely invalid criticism.

Remember, it's the consumers and the publisher who wanted the game out "Now" in its current state. No developer would release something that had any chance of being slated given time. It's not profitable to.

As said previously, it's going to be built on over time. There are fragments of cut/unfinished content in current game data pointing as such, and it was always the intention to build on the universe in such a way. If people never read into the game and the development mindset and method behind it, the developers cannot be blamed for the lack of the consumer's attention.
I'm on the side that they just cut stuff already made and plan to sell it back to us over time.

For now though I don't see myself getting the game, I don't see their plan to add content as an excuse for an incomplete game. It should be complete and they should plan to add additional story, not add to what should have already been there.

But its how I see it, and some posts on the internet suggest that the story everyone has now, is not the one they had in beta.

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-29-14, 06:03 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's pretty obviously not true when you see what's in the game.

It's like any other game. For instance, Bethesda games have many points that were made deliberately as junction points to be added to at later dates. If something substantial comes from it (as any half-decent expansion pack can be expected to), then it's all good. It's about the quality more than anything, and if it's good, people will buy it.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-14, 01:51 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

So got a Exotic Bounty yesterday, where I had to complete any 25 Strikes. Cool I thought, that'll mix in with the other one I'm doing that I have to complete 5 Strikes without dying. So, today I complete both. Now, for the 25 strike one, I have to get 10,000 kills in PVP. Soon as I seen that, I was like FETH THIS, I'm going to just delete it. But for the 5 strike one, I have to do PvP and have a K/D ratio of 25/1. So I figured why not? Turns out that the 10k kills counts EVERY death from every player on both teams. So frigging happy that I don't have to actually get 10k kills myself. I honestly never liked playing PvP (even though I think it's pretty fun in Destiny) so really havn't been doing it all that much. The PvE stuff I enjoy the crap outa it. Only thing I havn't done yet is the raid, and that's because you can't solo it and it doesn't have matchmaking.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 11:12 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

I'm surprised the players are so positive. My closest friend played a bunch of Destiny and said it was pretty, but the world so far was thin, and the pvp was among the worst he had ever played - certainly not up to par.

After I picked his brain for a while it sounded like Bungie has perfected a game that world have been cutting edge 8 to 10 years ago.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Last edited by Kreuger; 10-09-14 at 11:18 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode