WoW vs. WAR technical specs - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Default WoW vs. WAR technical specs

I'm not as computer savvy as I'd like to be. I looked at the specs for WAR and compared them to those of WoW...and I had no idea what I was looking at for the most part. My computer has 0.99Gigs of RAM, Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83Ghz, and adequate storage space for the game itself.
My computer runs WOW just fine, but I'm worried that it wont be able to run WAR...can anyone give me some advice? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 12:55 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

i dunno graphics for WAR didnt look that great graphics wise WoW looks better so if you can run WoW you should be able to run WAR... am i right?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 06:49 AM

WoW and WAR have very different specifications. You also have to take into account that most of WAR is based on team-play and other situations where you can have over 50-100 avatars on your screen at once, all casting spells, swinging swords etc.

I'm not an expert on computers, but I think you might need to look into an upgrade. The fact that you can play WoW isn't much of an indicator I'm afraid, and many BETA testers are saying that the minimum specs for WAR are not really good enough to play the game comfortably.

I found this post to be exceptionally useful, and even to those who aren't too sure about PC components; it provides some background into them.
http://www.warhammeralliance.com/for...ad.php?t=38651

So my advice is, if you are willing to spend a bit of money, look into it.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-08, 05:45 AM

PsychoXeno's Flag is: USA

Also keep in mind that the Beta graphics are locked in a medium/medium-low setting. The high detail screens are amazing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode