You know you've been playing games too long when... - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-08, 10:13 PM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

Panda - I agree. However, I don't think writing off a game, due to it having a number (other then a date) after it's name is always a bad thing.

Quite often sequels are simply the best game in the series, due to them finding faults with the first game and sorting it out. It may be the same idea, but it's done much better.

The solution then, would presumably be to wait until the sequal has come out for each game before buying the first one it seems

(I'll NEVER get bored of deus ex and morrowind...yes, you should take the time to get into morrowind. All of you. But get mods for it, as they enrich and fill out the experience.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-08, 10:47 PM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

I quite agree about sequels often end up better than their previous versions.

For example Resi 4 Wii edition is quite simply the best resi ever, freespace 2 is the best flight sim/space sim ever, and system shock 2 is the best GAME ever (to name a few). The truth be told though, what made these games great was the introduction of something new:

For resi it was finally ditching the fixed camera, for freespace 2 it was the incredible sense of scale, and the insane amount of control you had over your ship and mission, for system shock 2 it was pretty much everything. Another example would be the introduction of the physics engine in half life 2, and the subsequent manipulation with the gravity gun.

All I'm saying, is that there is a fine line between an improved sequal, and a sequal for a sequals sake. Make sure you find out which it is, before you find yourself buying regurgitated shit, unless you want too.

My main point, however, is that people are so desperately clinging to what has gone before, that it is stifling the industry, which could currently really use a boost.

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-08, 07:06 AM

Untitled401's Flag is: Canada

you know you've been playing games too long if you're subscribed to world of warcraft.

\/ Help a chaos brother out and click on my daemons
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-08, 12:30 PM

kungfoomasta's Flag is: USA

you know you've been playing games too long when you start a private server for WOW

Never doubt the incompetence of your commisar.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 07:38 PM

Snackes's Flag is: Norway

You know you've been playing too long when you use random quotes from games in your everyday life.

Damn, I'm playing waaay too much video games.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-08, 12:33 PM

40rending's Flag is: Australia

you know you've been playing games too long when you have worn the paint off the left mouse botton on four seperate mice.(in one year)

there is no 'overkil'l, there is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload'
It's an age old dilemma. You want to set everything on fire, but you can't steal stuff while it's burning. Don't let your passions run away with you! Do things in the correct order! Pillage, THEN burn!
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/index.html
its all fun and games till someone loses an eye, then its fun and games without depth preception.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-08, 08:40 PM

lawrence96's Flag is: United Kingdom

when you discuss with friends how to survive a zombie outbreak ie. where to go and what weapons to use

Quisnam praesumo, successio
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 05:56 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

when you cant be arsed to do nothing but teamkill
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-08, 07:16 AM

Zorenthewise's Flag is: USA

You know you've been playing too long if working out became easier once you thought of it in RPG terms.

"One more point of STR and then I'll work on my CON..."

"Did you just deploy your guardsmen in ranks?" - Quote from my last battle

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-08, 07:33 AM

officer kerky's Flag is: Australia

you know you play to many games when..

you think of re enforcing your house to with stand maximum zombie attacks. and how to salvage parts to strenghten your house.

you try build a gravity hammer.

wonder how high the gravity hammer will hit a person into the air then ware off for them to fall to their death. hehehe

your friend gives you a game which took him 3months to complete and you a matter of hours

you use your elctric arc welder to attach a chainsaw to a huge metal fist with power chord.

decide to play paintball at night time and act all heroic and get all shot to pieces.

you get a shot gun and think can i doule shoot. is there recoil. no there can be a have a cheat.

you know every place to find weapons, gear etc in every game you have

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode