Warhammer Online Vidieo. HOT - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-08, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Judas Masias's Flag is: USA

Default Warhammer Online Vidieo. HOT

This is one smoking hot vidieo

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...ematic_08.html

Space Wolves: Wins-24 Loss-6 Draw-7
My Conversions
Bjorn the Fellhanded Conversion:http://blog.spikeybits.com/2010/09/c...ll-handed.html
Plastic Abaddon Conversion:http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=70426
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-08, 02:26 AM

Death 0F Angels's Flag is: USA

ouch... i just got burned!!!

Trust is a dagger, the hilt as sharp as the blade.
Death to the Imperial dogs.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-08, 03:02 AM
Banned
Wrath of Khaine's Flag is: USA

Well, bad news for everyone. While it looks decent, the gameplay for Age of Reckoning blows. I played it multiple times at GD Chicago, and each time I was more upset with it. It kinda blew a bag of dicks, honestly.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-08, 04:39 AM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

I have been hotly debating playing the game.. please tell me what you know about it WoK. What did you find bad? Did you find anything you liked?

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-08, 07:38 AM
Banned
Wrath of Khaine's Flag is: USA

Bishop. I was incredibly pumped to play it when I got in line. But it's extremely similar to WoW in style of play. I also really dislike WoW, but I didn't use that to make my opinion. It has a sketchy combat system, with random attack rates, and if you are an archer, good luck shooting arrows. It is really really hard to stay firing long range and switch to your sword and back if need be. There really wasn't an Equip function, just changing combat stances which was supposed to change your items, but rarely did.
For complete melee brawlers, it wasn't that bad. You just run up and click-click until you are dead or they are, with a couple selectable skills in there.

It really didn't look that great or thrill me with something new. Of course it wasn't the finished version(hopefully), so these things could change. I had a long talk about the issues with a guy working the booth. He was actually interested in relaying the information, so cross your fingers that my complaints paid off. Other than that, it seemed like a diablo 2/WoW mesh, with marginally better graphics.
Again, this was probably not the finished version, so let's all hope for better.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-08, 08:10 AM

Untitled401's Flag is: Canada

Basically, for those who play video games as much as khaine does, you will be disappointed with this game. On the other hand, if you are a total nOOb when it comes to games then you are in for a treat. lol just jokin khaine. Im a noob myself when it comes to RPG's since the only ones i've played are final fantasy series but have been more on the RTS side of things.

Look at the game this way, if it isnt anything different from already existing games then big deal...every RPG out there is practically the same. I personally want to play the game whether it be good or bad because I'm a warhammer fan and dont really care about game play so much. If you want to buy this game because you thought it would be better than Wrath of The Lych King, then you're wrong, just wait for the new WOW game to come out, either that or Diablo 3.

\/ Help a chaos brother out and click on my daemons
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-08, 08:10 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Im not going to play the game, but that video was the dogs dangles!

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-08, 10:27 AM

leham89's Flag is: England

i think ill give the game a ago, cos the vid looks the nuts, n hopefully they fix alot of the probs with the combat system
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-08, 12:56 PM
Madmcc's Flag is: Scotland

Now that's my kinda shit!

Stuff the game, why don't they just make a movie?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-08, 01:26 AM

32BitHero's Flag is: USA

That video rocks alot and just to let everyone know (the NDA has been released so its easy to find this info online BTW) WAR is totally different from WOw even though a momentary play does seem like it I dont want to go in to too much depth (just check the ign reviews and such) but the way this game is played is much more different than WOW while still keeping in common the same MMORPG feel that all MMO's have. Just check an article somewhere Trust me I have a 70 Pally in WOw and i would much rather play my 11 War Priest its just so much more in depth

(Sic) since 1989

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode