Pokemon! - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-29-07, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccp_one
the last trainer of the elite 4 uses only dragon pokemon. ice is effective against dragons and not much else is.
You would think this is the case, but he uses dragon-like pokemon, as only Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite are actually dragon type. Gyarados is water/flying, Aerodactyl is rock/flying, and I forget who else he uses.

But yeah, only Dragon and Ice is super effective against Dragon. I forget where but you can go fishing for Dratini.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-30-07, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-21-07, 10:05 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Man... I'm not going to lie, I love the video games, but you have to admit it's pretty twisted that at its core, Pokemon is a cockfighting game. The story is essentially that you, as a preteen, run away from home, capture small animals against their will, pit them in mortal combat against one another for fun and profit, and defy the mob in the process.

The new DS versions are pretty kick-ass though... mostly since you can get away with not trading and catch 'em all! :roll: Then again, I never bothered catching 'em all... it always seemed better to just build a solid team and go beat people up and tell whichever professor you're answering to in order to fill the pokedex to go screw himself. :lol:

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-22-07, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus
Man... I'm not going to lie, I love the video games, but you have to admit it's pretty twisted that at its core, Pokemon is a cockfighting game. The story is essentially that you, as a preteen, run away from home, capture small animals against their will, pit them in mortal combat against one another for fun and profit, and defy the mob in the process.

The new DS versions are pretty kick-ass though... mostly since you can get away with not trading and catch 'em all! :roll: Then again, I never bothered catching 'em all... it always seemed better to just build a solid team and go beat people up and tell whichever professor you're answering to in order to fill the pokedex to go screw himself. :lol:

The new DS incarnations are some of the most fun I've had gaming. The time me and my friends have spent just catching and battling the little buggers is incredible.

post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-22-07, 07:58 AM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

i really want a DS to play the new pokemon... going to sell my 360 if i have to...

post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-22-07, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus
The story is essentially that you, as a preteen, run away from home, capture small animals against their will, pit them in mortal combat against one another for fun and profit, and defy the mob in the process.
You didn't mention that the small animals have inexplicable supernatural powers, you store them in impossibly small containers and all the breaking and entering you commit!

Like in Red+Blue, you just walked into people's houses and stole any stuff they had lying around! And in the Safari Warden's house, he even hides his valubles behind rocks, and you still take them! What kind if message does that give people?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to fit a weasel into a tennis ball.

Et Curo Quod?
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-22-07, 11:12 AM

I picked up Pearl a couple of months ago, and went ahead and picked up Battle Revolution for the Wii, too. Pearl has been a lot of fun, but I gotta admit...Battle Revolution is a let-down. They use a lot of the same character models that they've been using since the N64, for crying out loud! And is it just me, or so some of the attacks actually look more imposing on the DS? Perish Song, for example, plays eerie music and causes red music notes to descend from the sky on the DS. In Battle Revolution, though, it just causes purple energy to waft about. Now that I think about it, seems like a lot of attacks just cause purple energy to waft about.

Pearl is great, though. My Gengar, Mismagius, Toxicroak, Honchkrow, Tentacruel, and Cacturne are starting to level up nicely. My Gengar and Toxicroak are both in their 80's.

Cheatin' Varmint. Double-Dealer. Stampeding Jackalope.
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-25-07, 08:58 AM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

i bought a DS with Diamond! go me!

post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 03:18 AM

I've had pearl for a couple of months and the graphics (compared to the others) is amazing it got me addicted to the little beasties again.
The greatest thing (when your bored with the game) is using an action replay (which i own) i hacking it to get event pokes or to run through walls and pointless things like that for novelty purposes
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 06:56 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Action Replay is the greatest thing ever. I've always thought it was good for sort of deliniating the story a bit.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode