Metal Gear - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 02:55 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Peace Walker is excellent! Especially if you have it for ps3 or xbox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

d3m01iti0n's Flag is: USA

I just "beat" Peace Walker (now Zadornov keeps escaping). I wish I had played it before GZ because after all that work building Mother Base seeing it get torched is heartbreaking.

GZ is worth all the money. There are 4-5 bonus missions once you beat the story mission, normal and hard modes, and a lot of extras to unlock. I played it for a week straight and only got 33% completion. Camp Omega is goddamn huge and there is a lot to find.

And yeah......if you collect a few cassette tapes youll find out the second bomb was in the ham wallet. I HATED her in PW (and was a bit creeped out by her sexualization) but I feel really bad about her and Chico after GZ.

Im also using this whole 40K 6.5 thing to walk away from the hobby for a bit in order to buy some of those $100 Play Arts Kai figures

Last edited by d3m01iti0n; 05-05-14 at 09:41 PM.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-14, 07:15 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Putting the second bomb there makes me just shake my head at Kojima. I get he was going for shock and drama but its a bit much I feel to achieve that goal, especially after the removal of the first one.

Oh and I'm play PW on 360. I farmed the first AI weapon for parts and have something that looks s lot like Metal Gear Rex. Need Sensory chips though. And a railgun.

Last edited by Zion; 05-08-14 at 07:17 PM.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-09-14, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

It IS Kojima after all. Hes got questionable taste and does go for shock value at times. GZ/PP is getting a lot darker so expect the worst.

PW is great and Im still grinding the vehicle/AI Extra Ops. You will get the initial scraps and jetpack from Pupa farming, the Radome and Railgun from Chrysalis, the Armor from Cocoon, and the AI from the final Peace Walker fight to get ZEKE operational. Always go for the AI Pod to collect parts. Later in Extra Ops youll have Custom AI fights where you fight more difficult versions; this is the best place to farm AI boards and the extra heads. You can get a custom head from each AI by NOT hitting their head. Peace Walker has a Head and Legs you can collect as well.

In summary, If you want JUST AI boards for levelling stats, avoid the AI Pod. If you want an addon (Custom heads, Jetpack (Pupa Turbines), Radome, Railgun, Armor) AVOID shooting that part or youll scrap it. Simply pound the AI Pod and you should get the extras and the minimum amount of AI Boards. Blow the shit out of treads, weapons, etc and youll get maximum AI Boards.

Last edited by d3m01iti0n; 05-09-14 at 02:37 PM.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-09-14, 02:29 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3m01iti0n View Post
PW is great and Im still grinding the vehicle/AI Extra Ops. You will get the initial scraps and jetpack from Pupa farming, the Radome and Railgun from Chrysalis, the Armor from Cocoon, and the AI from the final Peace Walker fight to get ZEKE operational. Always go for the AI Pod to collect parts. Later in Extra Ops youll have Custom AI fights where you fight more difficult versions; this is the best place to farm AI boards and the extra heads. You can get a custom head from each AI by NOT hitting their head. Peace Walker has a Head and Legs you can collect as well.

In summary, If you want JUST AI boards for levelling stats, avoid the AI Pod. If you want an addon (Custom heads, Jetpack (Pupa Turbines), Radome, Railgun) AVOID shooting that part or youll scrap it. Simply pund the AI Pod and you should get the extras and the minimum amount of AI Boards. Blow the shit out of treads, weapons, etc and youll get maximum AI Boards.
Good to know! I need to keep playing some more so I can increase my arsenal and improve my weapons some more to make farming easier.

That Pupa fight isn't all that hard once you get the hang of it.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-09-14, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah, youll grind her a lot for boards. Cocoon isnt bad, but Chrysalis is annoying and Peace Walker......oh god her Main Op fight is bad enough; I played her custom version last night and hardly put a dent in her.

Youll need to farm recruits too. The first Fulton Recovery Extra Op has a good R&D guy as the main target. I did it 20-30 times to the point where it took me 15-20 secs to pull it off. Fulton everybody to fill your departments (but especially POWs, and DEFINITELY find Kojima in the nuke trucks where you zoom in during the cutscene before Pupa), then start firing the low level guys as you max out. Using the Analyzer will show a soldier's skill; I dont grab anything lower than a B level now.

Last edited by d3m01iti0n; 05-09-14 at 03:00 PM.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-09-14, 03:34 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Oh yeah, youll grind her a lot for boards. Cocoon isnt bad, but Chrysalis is annoying and Peace Walker......oh god her Main Op fight is bad enough; I played her custom version last night and hardly put a dent in her.

Youll need to farm recruits too. The first Fulton Recovery Extra Op has a good R&D guy as the main target. I did it 20-30 times to the point where it took me 15-20 secs to pull it off. Fulton everybody to fill your departments (but especially POWs, and DEFINITELY find Kojima in the nuke trucks where you zoom in during the cutscene before Pupa), then start firing the low level guys as you max out. Using the Analyzer will show a soldier's skill; I dont grab anything lower than a B level now.
I've got Kojima (I put him in Intel), and have Fulton'd so many people so far that R&D and the Mess are at like 47/50 people. I'm not at the point were I'm firing people, instead I'm moving them into the Combat group to buff my points instead, and when I can fill that with better rankers I'll start shoo-ing away people.

Also I had no idea that was what the Analyzer was for (the description is a little vague and made me think it was for something else for some reason, but now that I know I'll be using it more).
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Do you have a Gustav rocket launcher yet? Later in the game you can get it to fire Fulton rounds so everybody caught in the blast goes up on a balloon. Yknow all those hard to reach snipers? Those guys are typically S-Rank and you can only get them with the Fulton Gustav. And I dont even know how to unlock that shit yet ><
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-16-14, 05:59 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Do you have a Gustav rocket launcher yet? Later in the game you can get it to fire Fulton rounds so everybody caught in the blast goes up on a balloon. Yknow all those hard to reach snipers? Those guys are typically S-Rank and you can only get them with the Fulton Gustav. And I dont even know how to unlock that shit yet ><
I've got the Gustav (somehow found the Rank 3 version before earning Rank 1 and 2) but I don't have the the Fulton. Though I did find this bit regarding the mission chain needed to earn it: 102 > 47 > 48 > 91 > 49 > 75 > 50 > 83 > 37 > 98 from here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/96056...alker/55576500

Fulton Mission 15 (with the disguised POW armed with the banana) has some good B grade Intel folks for farming. Just Fulton the POW first and you don't get a time penalty for picking up everyone else.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-14, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I've got the Gustav (somehow found the Rank 3 version before earning Rank 1 and 2) but I don't have the the Fulton. Though I did find this bit regarding the mission chain needed to earn it: 102 > 47 > 48 > 91 > 49 > 75 > 50 > 83 > 37 > 98 from here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/96056...alker/55576500

Fulton Mission 15 (with the disguised POW armed with the banana) has some good B grade Intel folks for farming. Just Fulton the POW first and you don't get a time penalty for picking up everyone else.
I finally beat the Main Ops; the method for unlocking the final mission is simple but never really explained so have fun with that. Doing that unlocks the final chain of Extra Ops and at this point youll find a TON of recruits and really nice unlocks. Im grinding the new set of vehicle missions and they are rough. I have one left to unlock the mission that gets the Fulton Launcher, but there is a mission (46 Perfect Stealth) that has one S-Rank, two A-Ranks, and a bunch of Bs. Its an awesome level to farm and all my departments are reaching or a little over level 80.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode