Space Marine - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Default Space Marine

Right - it's been 18 months since I last made a thread like this.

Does anyone still play this on PS3?

I'm still playing escalation/death match and wondered if anyone would be up for joining in?
I have all the expansions.

PS:
If anyone struggles with taking points on escalation, the trick to taking the points is to not kill the orks. If you don't kill the standard boyz, the next wave doesn't trigger so you don't have to fight hard to get through the objective levels. You just dodge the boyz till you're finished holding it

If anyone else has any tips/favourite equipment combo's etc (whether you're on ps3 or x-box) feel free to stick them up.
EG

My Favourite Class/Equipment/Best Uses (imo)
Assault Marine
Plasma Pistol
Power sword
The indestructible perk and the sword heal perk (can't remember the names)
Using that It's possible to leap into 6-8 chaos marines and just keep hitting till they're all dead. You just have to run from Demon mauls and Black Orks. Black Orks can be taken down with enough plasma pistol, but the only way to beat a demon maul with this combo is to shoulder barge them to death. If there are two of them, don't even try. Just Kite them till your friends can deal with them.

Tactical Marine
Plasma Gun
Melta Gun
Double weapon perk
Larramans Blessing
Can be used to kill everything, from dreadnoughts to gretchin. Best tactic in the last levels is fishing for chaos marines. If you are pinned down by CSM, you can land a flurry of plasma shots on one till his shield breaks. Then the AI gets annoyed, mans up and comes after you. So break the shield, stay hidden and melta gun him as soon as he gets to you. This means one less marine shooting at you, you don't get too shot up and hopefully, he'll drop ammo next to you when he dies rather than in the middle of all of his mates.

If no one posts, I'll take it as a no

Last edited by Gret79; 03-05-14 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 09:29 PM
Spankinginred's Flag is: Scotland

I do have a copy somewhere, haven't played it for awhile though
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 09:34 PM

Takizuchi's Flag is: USA

I still play this game on ps3. I have all the expansions and I love all the game modes, just wished more people had Dreadnaught assault.

My favorite load outs are

Tactical
Melta gun
Stalker Bolter
Double weapons perk
The perk that lets me see opponents health/sheild
I might not be the best sniper but the Bolters decent fire rate allows me to be a major pain mid/long range, and the melta helps deal with anyone who tries to sneak up on me or jumppack in.

I also run with a Assault guy who runs with a powersword and bolter.
The perk that lets you use a bolter instead of a bolt pistol and I forgot what my other perk on him was.

Some days i swear my dice are trying to get me killed.
Is it bad sportsmanship to cackle evilly during ones game?
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 02:25 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
Tactical Marine
Plasma Gun
Melta Gun
Double weapon perk
Larramans Blessing
Bang on brother, there's MUCH devastation with this loadout. I play on PC though, which I don't think crosses paths with PS3.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Boo...silly PC master race (or me = silly ps3 owner)
That one is my finisher - level 15-20 is best with that loadout. Until then I do assault marine with a sword.

Have you ever gone into an exterminatus where everybody had plasma/melta?

That was the 2nd easiest game I've ever completed on it. Everything burned in a hail of plasma.

The easiest was one game where everyone was assault marines - we just leapt at all the csm's and they couldn't cope

My thoughts of the day - while on level 19 of the hab centre exterminatus, you have to take 3 points. If there is an assault marine, it's possible to take both the end points by standing on the blocked off ramp next to both of them. As long as you shoot any shooty orks that can see you, you can't be killed. The centre point is much harder, but still easily acheivable in a couple of ways - if there are marines fighting for the 2 end objectives, you can just tuck into a corner next to it and let them attract all the orks. Or you can run in a figure of 8 or loop round the two pieces of rubble next to the objective - you are still near enough the objective to carry on taking it. This works especially well with Larramans blessing - you go out of ork LoS just long enough for full health

If you are a sword wielding assault marine - the red ork nobs can be killed by the hit, hit, stun combo. Do this twice and they stagger each time. On the 3rd time, they'll be stunned and easy meat to pummel them. They should die without ever getting to hit you.
This also works on the Orks who attack wielding shields.
If there are two and you try this, you'd better be good - the assault marine staggers more when he's hit and he can't jump away while staggering. If they start hitting you one at a time, thats probably it for your life.
I worked this out last time I clocked the campaign - I did it without using the 'focus' at all. Just to see if I could. I
f you have swordsmans blessing and the indestructible perk, you can kill up to three of the red Orks with power weapons at once by just standing and hitting them. Any more and it's easier to jet away and whittle them down first, because they will get your life down to 0.

Don't use blind grenades. Ever. You may blind all the orks near you, but you'll also blind your team mates. The Orks further away will continue to shoot you while you can't see and Black Ork nobs have a habit of charging - if one is far enough away to not be caught, he will charge you while you're blinded and try to beat the snot out of you. Squigs also don't really care. Use normal grenades. Knocking the Orks off their feet is as good as blinding them.

The last level on Kalkys - when the orks begin spawning, if you have an assault marine on top of the tube by where they appear, you can get the Orks to chase him, this makes them congregate in the tube and your friends can take the objective in peace.

On the last level on the chaos marine exterminatus, you can sit an assault marine on top of one of the tubes near one of the objectis and get the orks to congregate underneath him. As long as your friends shoot any shooty orks, you can stop up there and keep all the orks from attacking until you've taken the point.

Anyone else got any thoughts about what we should be doing to get through the levels?

Last edited by Gret79; 03-06-14 at 10:14 AM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takizuchi View Post
I still play this game on ps3. I have all the expansions and I love all the game modes, just wished more people had Dreadnaught assault.

My favorite load outs are

Tactical
Melta gun
Stalker Bolter
Double weapons perk
The perk that lets me see opponents health/sheild
I might not be the best sniper but the Bolters decent fire rate allows me to be a major pain mid/long range, and the melta helps deal with anyone who tries to sneak up on me or jumppack in.

I also run with a Assault guy who runs with a powersword and bolter.
The perk that lets you use a bolter instead of a bolt pistol and I forgot what my other perk on him was.

What your PSN name? I tend to be on this between 4.30-6pm GMT most days
I've got a marine set up with the melta/stalker combo - on death match, it's a really useful combination

Last edited by Gret79; 03-06-14 at 09:22 AM.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankinginred View Post
I do have a copy somewhere, haven't played it for awhile though
Sort it out and come for a game
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

One last question - has anyone managed to get the armour glitch work on the PS3 - the gitch is to customise downloaded armour (colour etc)

I've never managed to get it to work.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 03:14 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I played so much Exterminatus I had to change my username around every now and then because people thought I was an XP whore. Guess they didn't know that XP stops mattering at level 41...

The Chaos Exterminatus missions are hard as fuck. The last level in it, when they dreadnoughts show up...well, if you don't have hardcore Space Marine players with you in that you're not even making it to the final round.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

lol, its only 6-8 orky dreads...
I got there with a power sword once. Couldn't do a thing to them
The best thing to do against them is to lure them towards the stairs - when you spawn, the stairs are front right with some cover round the bottom of them. You can lure the dreads in 1 at a time and all pummel them together. However, you're completely right. You better hope your team mates are good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode