What I think the best DOW army is ( Dawn of war ) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Icon What I think the best DOW army is ( Dawn of war )

I think the best Dawn of war army is the space marines because they can take out squiggoths in like 10 secs.

I think this is the best army to choose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 11:59 PM
Imperial Major

Daniel Harper's Flag is: Great Britain

For me it has to be Imperial Guard, not only because they are my table top army, but because actually seeing that many flash lights fire is so much fun. Max out on guardsmen squads, give them they're upgrades and maybe a commissar and watch most units suffer.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-08, 12:02 AM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have always found tau to be fantastic. True it can be hard to get going, but stealth suits are fantastic early on, and yeah, strong troops with very nice support like krootox and sky rays (that missile attack it has - wow)
Either them or space marines, as they are just so easy to use, and fun to have a lot of heavy bolters.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-08, 12:18 AM

Atsuno11's Flag is: Canada

Space AMrines, cause well, Space MArines rape. Or Eldar. Gotta love invisible buildigns and teleporting...OH NOES! IZE IZ UNDERZ ATTACKZ! *Hits teleport button(run like sissy xD) Okz, nowz i rebuild my base.

Just put Webway gates at all the spawns that aren't being sued o nthe map, you get attacked, teleport away. Oh and keepign troops inside them is great xD. Yes, I'm as dirty Eldar palyer, what can I say!

"Wherever you tread, tread lightly. We are closer than you think, and our blades are sharp."

"We are coming. Look to the skies for your salvation."

"In the darkness all men are equal, save those that embrace it."

-Captain Kayvaan Shrike, Raven Guard 3rd Company
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-08, 12:35 AM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

I would have to say SM for their deep strike abilities. Load up any unit into the orbit thingy and bam, dead center into the thick of battle.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-08, 12:58 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Sisters of Battle for me, by far. They're just as good as Space Marines as far as damage goes, but they come in greater quantities, and can use Acts of Faith (admittedly, not as much as they *should* be able to, but the point is, they can.) There's a solid mix of damage types available, too-- a Battle Sisters squad can handle Infantry, Heavy Infantry, and break Morale like none other. Celestians have melta weapons, and Immolators...well, Immolators are insane... particularly since they can still use Conflagaration after you've upgraded to multi-meltas, so if you still need them to fight infantry, they can despite having an anti-vehicle/building weapon. Oh, and for some reason, the cheesy, campy voice acting for the Sisters amuses me, rather than annoys me like most of the voice acting in the game.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-08, 01:02 AM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
Sisters of Battle for me, by far. They're just as good as Space Marines as far as damage goes, but they come in greater quantities, and can use Acts of Faith (admittedly, not as much as they *should* be able to, but the point is, they can.) There's a solid mix of damage types available, too-- a Battle Sisters squad can handle Infantry, Heavy Infantry, and break Morale like none other. Celestians have melta weapons, and Immolators...well, Immolators are insane... particularly since they can still use Conflagaration after you've upgraded to multi-meltas, so if you still need them to fight infantry, they can despite having an anti-vehicle/building weapon. Oh, and for some reason, the cheesy, campy voice acting for the Sisters amuses me, rather than annoys me like most of the voice acting in the game.
Heh, and don't forget their awesome ability to have a whole squad wiped out by a librarian's smite.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-08, 04:56 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

Assuming unmodded versions, when playing single player I always use various mods either adding new races or making things closer to tabletop, I'd have to have a tie between Chaos and Imperial guard. The guard vehicles are brilliant, well equipped guardsman squads can take on anything, and there can be a lot. For Chaos cultist are the best meatshields in the game, AND can see infiltrators, take powerful special weapons and infiltrate themselves. Chaos Marines are great, though I resent being forced to use them as heavy weapon squads. Defilers rule, artillery, close combat and shooting rolled into one, they have powerful close combat troops, and horrors are the best distractions available.

It's a real same my tabletop armies, Tau and Space Marines, kind of suck.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-08, 10:19 PM

Stoneheart's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like the Imperial Guard for... well the numbers hurt like no one's business, though the body piles are bloody huge.......... and just starting to hate those Dark Eldar for their listening posts <_<; anti-infantry and Dark Lances >_<; oh, and Maruader bombers really make bombing runs........ though stop if something gets in the way <_<;

"Listen boy, I've fought the Greenskins, the Dark Elves, High Elves, and those damned Wood Elves, don't tell me that I can't fight!" Locken Ironfist yelling at a Dwarf Warrior who got a little too drunk.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-08, 05:53 AM

Saint7515's Flag is: USA

Haven't played Soulstorm yet;

For dark Crusade? one-on-one its Eldar. You have a super-sweet early game unit that can capture Strategic Points (hereafter SP), an unlimited number of dark reapers which can nuke anything mid-game (with warp-spider back-up), and the sheer-largest number of BIG stuff in the game for the end-all if you haven't killed them yet; yes I'm throwing an Avatar and 8 Wraithlords @ you, TRY and cope with the Brightlances...

For teams with Computer its Necrons. I haven't gotten updates yet (whenever I want to play, I want NOW!) but these are the only AI that makes sense; they move to slowly to send out scouts in the beginning, their Lords are skirmishers that take a FULL 45 seconds+ of 3 heavy bolters to kill, and once they have 4-5 units of warriors rolling towards you with viel strike and Res-orb, you lose! Would you look @ that, I'm playing with other eldar players, and my 2 teamates bases just got overrun by 13 different squads of Warriors after killing 4 of the original 5 cine the Lords poped in and Resed-everythung. Now I'm outnumbered 4 teams of units to 1. Sad panda...

Online? no-one really uses the Moral system (or at least they didn't the twice I played yester-year) Thus, I spam the shit out of Marine Scouts. That is 20 groups of 4, 3-6 with flamers, the rest with Sniper rifles, and bunches of Dreadnoughts with auto cannons (or 2 fists?!?!) Taking no damage at all since your etire army is too scared; funny fact, squads don't do much damage at all (they miss around 90%+ of shots it looks like) when their moral runs out; which happens about 1 sniper shot per 2 dudes in each unit. Thats around 24 snipers killing anything or making it useless; ta-da!

Summary: Eldar (1v1) 'Crons (Comp team play) Marines (people online..?)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode