WaR News on July 11th = Black Friday - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Default WaR News on July 11th = Black Friday

Well maybe not as melodramatic as that, but aye as well as the great news that Guild Beta was finally starting and is the final part of Closed Beta in Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Thus we are getting close to the games full release, at long last may I add.

Two other big announcements rocked the WaR community, and all those waiting for the game. That 4 Classes and 4 Capital Cities where being postponed from Launch.

The Classes dropped where the Hammerer (Dwarf Melee DPS) Choppa (Orc Melee DPS) Knight of the Blazing Sun (Empire Tank) and Black Guard (Dark Elf Tank.)

The cities droppped where the Orc and Dwarf cities and the Dark and High Elf Cities, meaning only two cities would be involved at launch, Altdorf and The Inevitable City. Although all territory for the other races will still be there just the cities are removed. They have also added the change that you will need to hold two terrtitories now to go for you enemies capital, so there is still reason to play in the Elf and Dwarf/Orc zones.

The reasons for the changes where based on the fact the Classes where not working as planned and they would rather drop them for now (possibly permently to be replaced by a new ones if need be) than launch with flawed Classes.

The Cities where dropped due to a dual concern that they would rather have two stunning cities than 6 mediocre ones, and that they where worried on how the RvR would play out initally and there seems to be a genuine fear player numbers spread out over the three territories would mean no one capturing a Capital City which sorta goes against the point of the game.

So how does this info effect folks out there on Heresy planning to play?

For me the Class thing is annoying but understandable if they are broke atm, other MMO's have launched with broken classes and its been just awful. So on one hand it is nice to see they are concerned over player balance. On the other with Empire and Druchii missing their tanks early lvls might be a pain if other faction Tanks aren't around to help. I feel this will hurt Empire less right now as the focus of the endgame is on their city. Some of the higher PQ's might be a little tough for us Druchii on Ulthuan if all the Chosen and Black orcs stay away. Although to be fair time will tell on that one, and Mythic seems intent on replacing the classes or fixing these cut ones asap.

The cities are more of a pain, but after reading stuff on how detailed the cities are going to be, I can also understand. The Npc's in WaR aren't just the odd patrolling guards and loitering Quest Givers/vendors like in WoW, and the best example I have heard Mythic designers give are the dock workers in Altdorf loading ships and muttering to one another. It sounds like the detail level is high, so if the other four cities where going to pale in comparrison to Altdorf and the IC, then this is probably sadly the right choice. The other note is they do plan on bringing them in, this removal just this gives the time to sort them out and bring them up to standard.

To sum it up though, I do think I would rather have this content in at start, but if it can't be there without a massive delay, and Mythic thinks the missing Classes won't kill the game balance, then I'd say this is the best move. I think any further delays would be more harmful especially with WotLK on the horizon, but only time and subs will tell if it is the right one.

Any thoughts out there on Heresy?

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 03:35 PM

Quote:
That 4 Classes and 4 Capital Cities where being postponed from Launch.
I'd prefer if they postponed the release of the whole game till it's finished. Such an amount of cut content will be hard to ignore - even if it's just temporary.

Oh well, doesn't really affect me. I wanted to wait and see how the game develops before I decide if it's worth in the first place.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode