Biggest annoyance during Online Play? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-10-08, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Default Biggest annoyance during Online Play?

Hey all

Just wondering what your biggest annoyance while playing online?

I play a fair amount of COD4 and for me these are:

1) Air strikes. Not the for reasons you might think though. I don't give a shit if I die. No biggy. I tend to snipe a lot now I'm at Level 55 and don't want kills as much so its bloody frustrating when you are looking through the scope, a enemy player is just about to come into the crosshairs... and some idiot from your team calls down a airstrike right near you so you get rattled and the shot goes off.

2) Spawn Campers. Oh. My. Fucking. God. Especially in Free For All games on certain maps (Vacent, Creek and Overgrown especially). Might as well not even spawn. Your kill death ratio hits about 1:3 sometimes, and theres not much you can do about it.

3) People who bitch and moan about "noob tubes", "LMG noobs", "P90 noobs", "marty noobs", "last stand noobs", in fact people who complain about "noobs" full stop. I have a really hard time not telling them to fuck off. Certain things like Martyrdom and Last Stand are designed to remove Spawn Campers, they don't make the game unbalanced if you watch what the hell your doing. People who bitch about them just need to remember its their fault for running into it. As for "noob tubing", you get killed like what 3 times a game by a weapon that only has 2 shots and requires reloading in between? You've got to be pretty close to use it as well. How is it different to using a grenade?

4) That one prick who is always being racist/homophobic or spouting of shit they think is intelligent. Yes because when I go online I really want to hear about your personal problems with a race of people you have never met and only think the way you do because the media tells you all people with brown hair are baby eating, sheep shagging mongolians (sorry if you are one of them btw no offense ment). No when I go online I want to put a R700 round through your head and then have you G3 me right back. But hey thats just me

Yea... so your thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-10-08, 10:19 PM

Ragnos's Flag is: England

Ahhh i play cod4 on the xbox myself and i hate people from mainly america (not all of you are bad im not saying that) but mainly american teenagers who start insult me and my friends because we're English. I mean yesterday one person said to us "at least we don't drink tea every morning" my mates and i found that hillarious.

I also don't like the fact that if they do win they go "we owned you're arse" Ummm yeah... it's a game calm down. Or they fact where they go "in real life i'll kill you" .... are people so stupid or they trying to sound big in front of people they don't even know? But apart from that xbox live is great
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-10-08, 10:55 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im an avid COD4 player, biggest annoyance, LAG! you can empty a clip on someone, and they still manage to down you with 2 shots, when watching the death cam, you see yourself stood there staring at them with your bollocks in hand!

(virosh55 if you wanna ever party up and go fragging)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-10-08, 11:00 PM

Ragnos's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by effigy22 View Post
Im an avid COD4 player, biggest annoyance, LAG! you can empty a clip on someone, and they still manage to down you with 2 shots, when watching the death cam, you see yourself stood there staring at them with your bollocks in hand!

(virosh55 if you wanna ever party up and go fragging)
Thats you're xbox live name?
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-10-08, 11:36 PM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm a big tf2 and battlefield 2 player, and my main problem is people who clutter up the mic with shit. Not so important on tf2, but on BF2, when you're trying to coordinate a squad or your entire team for that matter, having some dumbass spouting insults at another player is damn annoying. Oh and yeah, not so important on tf2, but yeah, players pumping music through. Argh that drives me insane.

'course my other main problem is everytime my phone rings, I lose connection...but thats my own problem

But yeah, pretty much everything already said has baan a major annoyance at some point, especially the british/american discrimination thing.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-10-08, 11:54 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnos View Post
Thats you're xbox live name?
Yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 03:47 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

These are all based on Xbox 1's Xbox live.

Online gripe the first: Alright, this isn't meant t be insulting, but simply, American ten-eleven year olds whose voice hasn't broken! Most are nice blokes, but you get these babyish, squeaky ones that shout at the screen "YOU F****** SNIPED ME! WHY? WHY!!! WAH!!" and so on. Granted, I am thirteen, but please, if you have nothing nice to say, or nothing that's going to help the team, DON'T SAY ANYTHING. Please.

Online gripe the second: This specific to battlefield 2: Modern Combat (and possibly Battlefield 2) and is aimed squarely at the idiots who control EA's servers. When particularly busy, games eject people randomly, which is really, really shit. Especially if it happens to you. You can't get into any of the other servers, as the same thing has just happened to them. Occasionally, you can't even get into EA online full stop! EA, one of the biggest game manufacturers on planet Earth, online system implodes when more than 40 people are playing, whereas Novalogic (a much smaller, less well known game manufacturer) can run about 10 50 player games at once, without the slightest of stutters or lag! What's wrong EA?

Gripe the third: Halo 2's mute system. It is extremely easy to mute someone in the lobby, via the friends list, but when some nutcase starts spewing obscenities, it takes ages to shut him up. You have to go into the pause menu, select the friends list, cycle to recent players, find the aforementioned tart, whose right at the bottom of this list, and when your about mute the tart, your eject from the pause menu to see your corpse being teabagged by the guy you were trying to mute in the first place. AHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I need a lie down now, and possibly not play Halo 2 for a couple of days....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 04:03 PM

tk on purpus

"1349 - Legion"
We match into war slaughtering mankind
If you try to stop us we will give you hell
(from which we came)
join us if you dare
fight us if you can
Choose sides,
or escape to survive
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 04:50 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

X360

CoD4 Online: Whiners about "n00b" weapons, racists, rednecks, Americans, people who scream into the mic, people who eat while playing, teamkillers, spawn campas, M16 whores, RPGs, the "Eavesdrop" perk.

Halo 3 Online: Elites have a bigger "headshot" window then Spartans, since I play as an Elite, this bugs me to no end.

Some Jerk: Dude! Ttlly headshotted ur n00b ass!!1!

Me: Yes, because my "head" is twice the size of yours. Have fun with that.

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2: The fact you die out of nowhere.

Ace Combat 6: Poor reality, no skill required. Point and shoot. Online, at least. The AI is rather good.

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 07:18 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

In xbox live

Kiddies talking shit, I really don't give a damn, and I really don't wanna hear it. Also what the hell is 'Lick my Balls' meant to mean, its the saddest most pathetic sounding put down I've ever heard.

Moaning in general in Halo 3, especially by winners, you've won, why the hell are you moaning about how we played, the fact we dared kill them a few times or run them a close match is an insult???

People taking the mick of my name 'fuzzy spiral' when they are called Hanphar2366 or some bollocks, I mean at least mine blinkin means something. Okay to be fair that only happened the once, but it makes me chuckle considering the names he had, can't remember it exactly but it was on those lines.

In WOW

Griefers who gank lower lvls - go away, your pathetic, if you think having a lvl 70 killing lvl 20's is awesome I can safely assume why your not in the BG's, as your obviously a crap player. Also all the folks I know who've had that done to them just relog to another alt. Its just a big waste of time, and I'm glad to see it won't be a big problem in Warhammer Online.

Constant whining about losing BG's by some players, yet having a static unmovable plan that doesn't work 8 times out of 10, but because it does those two times it must be awesome. Anyone criticising said plan must be a noob and should be ignore, laughed at or taunted. And aye, my main is Alliance.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode