Right-Wing Fuckwits use Satirical Bioshock Artwork to Promote themselves - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-13, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Right-Wing Fuckwits use Satirical Bioshock Artwork to Promote themselves

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/24317-...re-its-satire/

Quote:
The right-wing conservative group NLF, or The National Liberty Foundation, has posted BioShock Infinite anti-immigration propaganda on its Facebook page. I guess they agree with Washington's message: "It's our holy duty to guard against the foreign hordes."

The thing is, BioShock Infinite presents this kind of propaganda as satire, in a game that shows us how awful racism and other aspects of 19th century thinking was. The National Liberty Foundation, on the other hand, either doesn't know this or simply does not care. To no one's surprise, the group is associated with the US' conservative Tea Party (GOP) and based in Florida.

On the NLF Facebook page, where the image of Washington is so inappropriately displayed, the collective states that their aims are "the importance of free enterprise, limited government, fiscal responsibility, individual liberty and American heritage."

I'm guessing that "American heritage" part excludes anyone who didn't emigrate from 17th century Europe. You know, the "foreign hordes."

Update: Apparently all the Internet attention did not go unnoticed. The group has since removed the image from their Facebook page and left a long-winded message about how the trolls have given them the publicity they needed. Also, their name is "The National Liberty Federation," not "Foundation," ecause the latter wouldn't be creepy enough.
One of the comments reminded me of the PETA Nuzlocke Pokemon game - http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...ic/8743154/1/; either intentionally, or unintentionally strawmanning the "opposition", and ending up recreating it. Because nothing says "Fuck the cunts;aliens;terrorists etc" like taking artwork and reusing it inappropriately.

A bit like Nazi Germany recreating the "Careless Talk Costs Lives" posters from WW2 saying "Look we're killing the Brits because they're talking".

MURICA, FUCK YE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-13, 08:15 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Surprised I am not. These types of fuck knuckled mouth breathing retards wouldn't understand satire or context if it walked up and bitch slapped them with their own mother. It's like whenever I see or hear people spouting off Leviticus as an argument against homosexuals, anybody who actually uses that as an argument evidently has never actually read Leviticus.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-13, 09:49 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

So, the Dutch, Spanish, French, Irish, English, Scottish...... etc

Basically, "Americans"....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-13, 10:14 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Pretty much, in these circumstances I always remember the scenes in Gangs of New York with Bill the Butcher going on about kicking out the 'foreign hordes" and who they were at the time. Try spinning that same line and target these days? Oh you want to kick all the Irish out? Good fucking luck, can I please be there to watch when you try?

Last edited by Jacobite; 12-17-13 at 11:34 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-13, 10:39 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think it's kind of funny they talk about limited government and individual liberty while proclaiming the UK must stay in the EU and get closer to it even.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-13, 01:42 AM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
So, the Dutch, Spanish, French, Irish, English, Scottish...... etc

Basically, "Americans"....?
They're more concerned about the Latinos who cross the border illegally to act as migrant workers, in addition to the Asians and Indians (from actual India) as opposed to Europeans.

That being said, they're still another group in America that isn't attacking the actual problem, but an "easier" target to solve the "issue" that is set before them.

I'd go further but this board isn't about politics.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-13, 02:55 AM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
They're more concerned about the Latinos who cross the border illegally to act as migrant workers, in addition to the Asians and Indians (from actual India) as opposed to Europeans.

That being said, they're still another group in America that isn't attacking the actual problem, but an "easier" target to solve the "issue" that is set before them.

I'd go further but this board isn't about politics.
Yeah that about sums it up. And in truth its not even so much about Immigrants as about "noncontributing" immigrants. We do have alot of people in the Senate who are Latinos (for example) that are also Tea Party Members. Marco Rubio Anyone?

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-13, 08:37 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
And in truth its not even so much about Immigrants as about "noncontributing" immigrants.
That's major problem here. However, as you say, this isn't a political forum so we'll leave it at that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 04:35 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
That's major problem here. However, as you say, this isn't a political forum so we'll leave it at that
Well......since the death of the "World Events and Current News" thread this is kind of the new location for such posts. Do not let that stop you if you think you have something to say. Speak your mind good sir and let the squabbling begin.

Quote:
To no one's surprise, the group is associated with the US' conservative Tea Party (GOP) and based in Florida.
I'm going to smack this writer across the face. The Tea Party has nothing in common with these folks; apart from a few members who share membership with each respective organization. The NFL are Conservatism to the extreme, the Tea Party is (supposedly) a modern Conservative Movement. Sheesh guy, enough!

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 05:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
Well......since the death of the "World Events and Current News" thread this is kind of the new location for such posts.
Let me just point out that that forum is gone for a reason, and it was most certainly not so we can turn other sub forums, let alone the video games one, into such a cesspit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
The NFL are Conservatism to the extreme,
So I guess its going to come as quite a surprise to you that almost everyone else see's the tea party as being exactly this.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode