Question about PS3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-13, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Default Question about PS3

I'm getting a PS3 (not Ps4) for me and my girlfriend soon. I will mostly be playing it by myself but there are a few games we will be playing co op like Diablo III. I am new to PS3.

If I have a user account hooked up to PSN and she has her own user account hooked up to her own PSN, will we be able to play co op games together with both of us logged in at the same time?

For example, we really want to play Little Big Planet together. If I buy/download a bunch of DLC on my user/psn account and she joins my game would she have to buy it too on hers in order for us to play together? I guess you could sign her in as a guest but we both want to be able to customize our own costumes in little big planet.

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-13, 04:47 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Content on a console supercedes accounts. You can have multiple names/profiles on a single Sony console and all users on that console can access it, so long as you activate the content with the PSN-linked profile.

For instance, I have 4 different accounts set up on my PS3 for various reasons, and all can get to Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Tekken Tag 2 DLC.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-13, 12:58 AM

fotoshark's Flag is: Canada

Not on the same console no, it goes by one account at the time when playing together. If you had two consoles in the house your idea would work though.

- T.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-13, 08:06 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Only one account can be logged into at a time. Any game or dlc for a game you buy on one account will be available for all accounts on the same console. You can have up to 16 (I think) different psn users on one console. I have a couple, my son has a couple, my daughter has one and I have one for watching netflix and hulu that has no one on the friends list so we can watch uninterrupted by game requests and stupid messages. You can also file share with one other ps3 console.So if you have a second ps3 you can buy dlc and such and have it on two separate units that can be used at the same time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode