Eternal crusade thoughts? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-13, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

Default Eternal crusade thoughts?

Had anybody else seen this?
It's basically a 40k MMO where you play as smerfs, orks, eldar or chaos but no tau
I think it looks good, haven't delved further than the front page though
Could go either way though a guess, and I wonder if they'll stay true to fluff or go fuck it
And it's release date is 31st December 2013 on next gen consoles and PC, which would be sweet!

So whats yours thoughts? And maybe when it's up we can start a little clan!

Did you know that if you say 'gullible' slowly, it sounds like 'oranges'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-13, 03:09 PM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

yea there has been a lot talk about this on here. if don't go ture to the fluff at tall i will not be happy.

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-13, 03:46 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

where did your release date come from , i follow the development of the game and thought it wasnt due to 2015?

but overall looks and sounds promising and i cant wait.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-13, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

Oh, miss read the year then, damn it! I dot want to have to wait 2 years!
Make em go faster!

Did you know that if you say 'gullible' slowly, it sounds like 'oranges'
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-13, 01:52 AM

DavC8855's Flag is: USA

Pay to play MMO. All set. We pay enough for the plastic crack & the Forgeworld goodies.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-13, 10:34 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavC8855 View Post
Pay to play MMO. All set. We pay enough for the plastic crack & the Forgeworld goodies.
While the markets may overlap, they're not identical. GW's IPs are more than just the tabletop games, and various people like various aspects. For instance, I never really got along with the later editions of the game and stopped playing, but the lore and expanded universe is pretty brilliant and hooks just as many people.

Besides, simply because it's set in the same universe, it doesn't mean all (or even the lion's share) of the money made from the game will go to GW. Game devs, especially for evolving worlds like those in MMOs, have to do a ridiculous amount of work and frequently expand content. That's not free by any stretch, to say nothing of server costs and other ongoing events.

So in short? No, you don't 'pay enough' if you're only buying the models if you're also wanting to play an MMO.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-13, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
While the markets may overlap, they're not identical. GW's IPs are more than just the tabletop games, and various people like various aspects. For instance, I never really got along with the later editions of the game and stopped playing, but the lore and expanded universe is pretty brilliant and hooks just as many people.

Besides, simply because it's set in the same universe, it doesn't mean all (or even the lion's share) of the money made from the game will go to GW. Game devs, especially for evolving worlds like those in MMOs, have to do a ridiculous amount of work and frequently expand content. That's not free by any stretch, to say nothing of server costs and other ongoing events.

So in short? No, you don't 'pay enough' if you're only buying the models if you're also wanting to play an MMO.
WoRLoKKeD. You misunderstand my gripe/point. No, I am not ONLY buying models. I also have no played consistantly since 4th ed but the 40K lore is brilliant and it has hooked me since I was a little kid. Not only do I collect the models. I also have a fairly large collection of the books (paperback/digital), artbooks, and yes, videogames. I have no problem spending $$$$$$ on anything from GW if it grabs my interest.

My gripe is MMO's. When one pays $500-$1500 dollars for a gaming system then has to go out and spend another $60/game, that enough for ME. If you enjoy paying as you play. Have at it.

If Eternal Crusade was something like Diablo (as far as the "World" you play in) but with the 3rd/1st person view where you can play as ANY race and occassionally have to purchase expansions like Dawn of War or Space Marines expansions for Exterminatus, I am in. Still going to follow Eternal Crusade until launch.

So in short......IMHO myself and many others ARE PAYING enough for everything else 40K and GW/BL & FW. If you like to play MMO's awesome! I hope you enjoy it.

The Emperor Protects & Death to Heretics

DavC

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-13, 06:35 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

The lead level designer, Steven Lumpkin is currently GM'ing a dark heresy campaign here:

He mentions the game a few times with a few little tidbits, but not too much. It's nice to know he's quite involved in the lore of 40k though. It's also a fun series to watch whilst painting.

I can't see this launching as a pay to play, the model just doesn't work anymore for anyone except WoW and i expect they'll change it. I really hope it's good, but it'll have to be really good to take on warcraft and be competitive.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 08:29 PM

No "pay-to-play" means I buyz it and playz the living shit out of it.
Crossing fingers to have World Eaters in there.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 09:52 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
The lead level designer, Steven Lumpkin is currently GM'ing a dark heresy campaign here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTTSfN8wpsE

He mentions the game a few times with a few little tidbits, but not too much. It's nice to know he's quite involved in the lore of 40k though. It's also a fun series to watch whilst painting.

I can't see this launching as a pay to play, the model just doesn't work anymore for anyone except WoW and i expect they'll change it. I really hope it's good, but it'll have to be really good to take on warcraft and be competitive.
If its Sub based, assuming its damn good and peoples willingness to pay, I'm sure it'll do fine taking into account just how big Warhammer 40K's fanbase is. Obviously its not going to compare to WoW, but why should it have to? Completely different universes and completely different games. Doesn't make for a good comparison between the two.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode