What could have been. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 12:33 AM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
So not only did you not play it. You are an idiot as well.
Cute response. If you want to check my PSN handle (WuSword77) you'd see that not only have I played the game, I've beaten it as well.

Quote:
THQ also was one of the few publishers that produced good games.
Most publishers make "good" games. THQ made plenty of "good" games. They even made a few "great" games. THQ never published an "excellent" game.

While I am upset that one particular franchise won't carry on (I thought Darksiders had great potential) THQ going under doesn't mean that no more "good" games will see the light of day.

Unless you're one of those sheep that thinks a company like EA and Activision can't produce good games because they are "Evil."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 08:51 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Name calling? Play nice kids.

However, I agree with Reever about starting with just a combat knife. Also, those little weapon points were just a bit too convenient. It just seemed a bit off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-24-13, 12:56 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post

Most publishers make "good" games. THQ made plenty of "good" games. They even made a few "great" games. THQ never published an "excellent" game.
What in your opinion is an excellent game

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".

Last edited by TechPr1est; 10-24-13 at 12:59 AM.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-24-13, 10:25 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
THQ never published an "excellent" game.
Ah, the hallmark of a person who never played either Darksiders game. I mean, all the best parts of Legacy of Kain and Legend of Zelda mixed into one? Sheer brilliance.

post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-13, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPr1est View Post
What in your opinion is an excellent game
To give a few examples:

Uncharted 2
Last of Us
Resident Evil 4
Halo Combat Evolved
Mass Effect 2
Legend of Zelda: OOT
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Grand Theft Auto 3
Chrono Trigger
Mario 64
Super Metroid
Warcraft 3
Starcraft
God of War

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Ah, the hallmark of a person who never played either Darksiders game. I mean, all the best parts of Legacy of Kain and Legend of Zelda mixed into one? Sheer brilliance.
I felt it was like the best parts of God of War and Zelda mixed into a single game but I also can agree with your idea about LoK. I have played the first game, it was great, but I never got around to playing the second game. My only issue with the game is that it feels like all they tried to do was make a "mature" re-skined Zelda. While the game was plenty of fun I could never get that feeling out of my head

That was one of the two series I wanted to see picked up and continued when THQ shut down.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-13, 03:14 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Cute response. If you want to check my PSN handle (WuSword77) you'd see that not only have I played the game, I've beaten it as well.

While I am upset that one particular franchise won't carry on (I thought Darksiders had great potential) THQ going under doesn't mean that no more "good" games will see the light of day.

Unless you're one of those sheep that thinks a company like EA and Activision can't produce good games because they are "Evil."
Darksiders will still be continued, actually. It'll just take a while, but the licence for the series was indeed picked up. Its a small company that picked it up, but they said they want to do right by the game, and team up with some other companies to get it made right.

Glad they didn't continue with the space marine series. Those ideas were just awful........ I enjoyed the game though. It was a lot of fun.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-13, 10:17 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I felt it was like the best parts of God of War and Zelda mixed into a single game but I also can agree with your idea about LoK. I have played the first game, it was great, but I never got around to playing the second game. My only issue with the game is that it feels like all they tried to do was make a "mature" re-skined Zelda. While the game was plenty of fun I could never get that feeling out of my head

That was one of the two series I wanted to see picked up and continued when THQ shut down.
To be fair, God of War wasn't the first kind of game like that, and those that did come were highly influenced by Soul Reaver, but I can kind of understand that feeling.

That said, pick up 2. Now. It's better than the first in every way, and the first is easily one of the greatest games of the last decade.

post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-13-14, 12:44 PM

Eviltim's Flag is: United Kingdom

*ahem*

Relic made Space Marine, DoW

Vigil Games made Darksiders.

THQ are/were JUST the publishers.

Personally I think Relic have been the best people to hold the GW Licence. But then again, I remember SSI's Final Liberation.

O Caido o senhor das guerras,
O Caido o senhor das demandas,
quando O Caido chega
O Caido quem manda

Last edited by Eviltim; 02-13-14 at 12:48 PM.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-19-14, 07:43 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Quote:
To give a few examples:

Uncharted 2
Last of Us
Resident Evil 4
Halo Combat Evolved
Mass Effect 2
Legend of Zelda: OOT
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Grand Theft Auto 3
Chrono Trigger
Mario 64
Super Metroid
Warcraft 3
Starcraft
God of War

How dare you miss Halo reach, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Final fantasy 7 and final fantasy 8 off that list!

How dare you sir!

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus View Post
How dare you miss Halo reach, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Final fantasy 7 and final fantasy 8 off that list!

How dare you sir!
Missing them would imply that I forgot to put them on.

Halo Reach doesn't get to take the best in the franchise, especially since Halo set the gold standard for FPS until CoD:MW came out.

For the Resident Evil franchise 4 showcased everything the series was meant to be. It still had the survival horror elements but allowed for more action oriented game play that really reflected your characters background as a Police office and a Government Special Agent. While the older games were great, the players inability to use their weapons effectively keeps them down. Especially when compared to how well RE4 does it.

Even back when FF7 came out I never understood everyone's undying love for the game. The characters aren't that great, Cloud is your best character by LEAPS AND BOUNDS, Materia is a broken system that can optimize any character as long as you upgrade there gear, and the big plot twist is only heartfelt because Aries is the only character your WANT to have in your party at all times. Had that happened to Barret, Tifa, Vincent, or Cait Sith no one would have given a crap.

FF8 is a cluster fuck of a game that has so many dropped plot points and poor design elements that it shouldn't be mentioned on any excellent game list ever.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode