What could have been. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-19-13, 09:50 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

If those were their plans for the franchise, I'm really REALLY glad that THQ went under.

Though I'd venture a guess that they'd write him as the guy who starts the Blood Ravens...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-19-13, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
If those were their plans for the franchise, I'm really REALLY glad that THQ went under.

Though I'd venture a guess that they'd write him as the guy who starts the Blood Ravens...
So not only did you not play it. You are an idiot as well.

Space marine happens after the events of Dow 2.
THQ also was one of the few publishers that produced good games.
Finally 40K has way to much ultramarine wankery in it, I for one would low to see them get taken down a notch. Especially since GW retconned the ultramarine novel series. or at least they tried to.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 07:14 AM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

I loved the game, in fact I've just started another run through today
And what I would have loved for them to do, was to have more games on the series like 'ork' perhaps or using the other armies in much the same way, with intertwined story lines, or perhaps each one giving a slightly different turn on the events, and leaning the end towards their own style

Did you know that if you say 'gullible' slowly, it sounds like 'oranges'
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 08:13 AM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
So not only did you not play it. You are an idiot as well.

Space marine happens after the events of Dow 2.
THQ also was one of the few publishers that produced good games.
Finally 40K has way to much ultramarine wankery in it, I for one would low to see them get taken down a notch. Especially since GW retconned the ultramarine novel series. or at least they tried to.
Actually they haven't!!!

I sent Black Library an email asking why some BL stuff in the codex but not others, such as Ventris.

They told me it was intentional. It was partly to reflect the in accuracy of imperial record keeping but also once Ventris was exiled the records of the Ultramarines were amended to show he didn't exist. Do Cassius is credited with Tarsis and Iadeus is still listed as captain.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 08:24 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! View Post
I just never got my they sent 3 astartes to take a world, when the recommended force was a company or more!!
No i think they did send a force the size of a company, its just that, remember it was the Ork's massive gun that blocked the transports from landing

I dont know, thats what i assumed, but it still doesnt make sense why the entire occupants of the stormbird didnt jump out with jump packs. because when titus jumped there was still marines sitting there.

it was nice to play a 40k game from the point of view of one of the many soldiers we send in to die to capture plastic objectives

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 08:38 AM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Reading the potential future plot lines I can only thank the emperor they never went ahead.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 09:31 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

I'm on both sides here:

As a videogameplayer, the ideas sounds like a awesome story and could have some good "This guy is bad-ass!" moments.

As a Warhammer 40k player... Well, not so impressed. There's alot that doesn't make sense, as already mentioned by others.

THQ was always one of my favorite gamecompanies, so I'm sorry they went under. They had some great standards, gameplay wise
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 11:03 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Regarding the weapons Titus takes to start with, there is one objective fact and everything else is wrong.

Balance, gameplay and fluid, meaningful-seeming progression always, ALWAYS trumps background, concept or 'accuracy'. There are no exceptions to this. I mean, yes, he COULD have probably started with anything from the Smurf armoury. But then there is no reason to play through the game and improve, and you may as well watch a movie.

If you want a reason? Well, they had to take a dropship as the larger craft were getting railed. As such, expediency was the most important factor and there was no time to leave with anything but what was already on hand at that precise moment. There. Fixed.

post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 02:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Regarding the weapons Titus takes to start with, there is one objective fact and everything else is wrong.
Personally, my only gripe with his starting weapons is the knife. To me, the chainsword would have been more than enough and it is something that captains are more than likely to wield.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus View Post
Actually they haven't!!!

I sent Black Library an email asking why some BL stuff in the codex but not others, such as Ventris.

They told me it was intentional. It was partly to reflect the in accuracy of imperial record keeping but also once Ventris was exiled the records of the Ultramarines were amended to show he didn't exist. Do Cassius is credited with Tarsis and Iadeus is still listed as captain.
That's making me want to purged even more.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode