Space hulk release thread. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-13, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Default Space hulk release thread.

So space hulk was released today, and after spending the last 1/2 hour playing it I'll give a few things.

1. The dice gods hate me. At times a termie will kill allot of genestealers in a row but other times they miss completely.
2. Getting swarmed is easy. On the first mission where I have to flame the control room I moved a total of 6 squares before I was overwhelmed. Now I don't have any experience with the board game so I have no idea if this is normal.

The effects are nice the models look good I don't really know what else to say. However if anyone has tips as to how to play I'd appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-13, 01:10 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Go through the prologue missions first if you haven't already. I just finished them myself. Prologue missions help you get the hang of it faster rather than just jumping straight into the main campaign. Also, tactical finesse and overwatch are your friends. Especially overwatch. Set up in a hallway, and set your termies in overwatch if you have the AP or CP left to do so. It helps. A lot.

I think its awesome so far

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-13, 06:10 AM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Hoping this gets a PS4/XB1 port!

Or else I'll just get it on Mac.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-13, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
Go through the prologue missions first if you haven't already. I just finished them myself. Prologue missions help you get the hang of it faster rather than just jumping straight into the main campaign. Also, tactical finesse and overwatch are your friends. Especially overwatch. Set up in a hallway, and set your termies in overwatch if you have the AP or CP left to do so. It helps. A lot.

I think its awesome so far
I did the prologue and I lost two termies on the last mission. Including my flamer. In hindsight I should have left my flamer as the only one doing rear guard he would have been able to get out.

I actually feel guilty about losing two. Though that might be because zael is featured in the flashgitz vids.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-13, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I did the prologue and I lost two termies on the last mission. Including my flamer. In hindsight I should have left my flamer as the only one doing rear guard he would have been able to get out.

I actually feel guilty about losing two. Though that might be because zael is featured in the flashgitz vids.
XD!!!! Yeah, I feel the same way pretty much. I only lost one, but Zael wasn't rearguard. I had two storm bolters guarding the side corridors. Got the sgt and the other storm bolter to the extrac point, left zael to keep the third entry point blocked (which the AI had no genestealers coming from anyway, but it was just a precaution) My plan was to have the two storm bolters going up the hallway, one moving his full AP worth, with one watching behind him moving back one space then going into overwatch. I believe his gun jammed and he got his face mauled. By that point, however, the last remaining storm bolter and zael were close enough to the point to not have to worry about anything.

As for the first mission, have you completed it yet? Cus I can put the tactic I used on here, or just message it to you if you haven't. Always happy to help if its needed, and if I can even offer any advice at all.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-13, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
XD!!!! Yeah, I feel the same way pretty much. I only lost one, but Zael wasn't rearguard. I had two storm bolters guarding the side corridors. Got the sgt and the other storm bolter to the extrac point, left zael to keep the third entry point blocked (which the AI had no genestealers coming from anyway, but it was just a precaution) My plan was to have the two storm bolters going up the hallway, one moving his full AP worth, with one watching behind him moving back one space then going into overwatch. I believe his gun jammed and he got his face mauled. By that point, however, the last remaining storm bolter and zael were close enough to the point to not have to worry about anything.

As for the first mission, have you completed it yet? Cus I can put the tactic I used on here, or just message it to you if you haven't. Always happy to help if its needed, and if I can even offer any advice at all.
I haven't beat it yet. Then again I did just get home from work, So yeah any help is hot.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-13, 10:41 PM

Ok. So what I did was had one storm bolter covering the nearby hallway to the right of the spawn in overwatch. Sgt Lorenzo I had moving down the right hallway. Think I had a storm bolter moving down the left hallway in front of zael, but he got mauled. So I had zael moving up the left hallway alone, keeping the hallway blocked off as he was moving forward. Just make sure you don't waste all of his ammo. He's only got 6 shots. I think I had the last storm bolter behind lorenzo, who had the hallway he was in overwatched. Lost the storm bolter in the hallway closest to the spawn because his gun jammed and he got mauled. Storm bolter behind lorenzo killed the genestealer but died later. SO I had lorenzo holding his hallway in overwatch (luckily enough no genestealers spawned in the spawn zone down the first hallway on the right after my last stormbolter died) and zael moving up, keeping the hallway blocked. Make good use of CP during this. That way you can cover more ground before you shoot. I got to the control room with just zael and lorenzo still alive, and torched the control room. Think it was my last shot, or second to last.

Worked for me, but each time you try, the AI spawns the genestealers differently, so it may not even work for you.

Quote:
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-13, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ok. So what I did was had one storm bolter covering the nearby hallway to the right of the spawn in overwatch. Sgt Lorenzo I had moving down the right hallway. Think I had a storm bolter moving down the left hallway in front of zael, but he got mauled. So I had zael moving up the left hallway alone, keeping the hallway blocked off as he was moving forward. Just make sure you don't waste all of his ammo. He's only got 6 shots. I think I had the last storm bolter behind lorenzo, who had the hallway he was in overwatched. Lost the storm bolter in the hallway closest to the spawn because his gun jammed and he got mauled. Storm bolter behind lorenzo killed the genestealer but died later. SO I had lorenzo holding his hallway in overwatch (luckily enough no genestealers spawned in the spawn zone down the first hallway on the right after my last stormbolter died) and zael moving up, keeping the hallway blocked. Make good use of CP during this. That way you can cover more ground before you shoot. I got to the control room with just zael and lorenzo still alive, and torched the control room. Think it was my last shot, or second to last.

Worked for me, but each time you try, the AI spawns the genestealers differently, so it may not even work for you.
Thanks appreciate it.

Also we need to arrange some multiplayer games.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-13, 06:55 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

If someone wants to play multiplayer, add me on Steam. Same name as over here.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 10:40 AM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Do you guys like it? Its getting a bit of a flogging from game site reviews?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode