Space hulk release thread. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 11:06 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Subtle View Post
Do you guys like it? Its getting a bit of a flogging from game site reviews?
It depends what you expect. If you expect a step-by-step virtual version of the boardgame, then you will find exactly that.

If you expect more than that (like a new interpretation, extra bonus missions etc.) then you will be disappointed.

Personally I find it to be a mediocre game overall; The graphics are decent at best, the music is ok, the controls work and the game is what you expect. It would be an ok game for about 15$. But no way is it worth 30$ in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 11:49 AM

I like it! But then it gives me visceral memories of the board game when I was a kid. It could do with some polish, but on the other hand they are up to 1.03 already so the devs are actually being responsive! More than GW anyway .

I also think there will be some good expansions/DLC.

The thing to remember, for now it is _not_ a computer game in the normal sense, it is a computerised boardgame. There was a comment on steam bitching about how it was all wrong as the poster was a 40k fan and Termis died way to quick, but that was the charm fo the game. Genestealers really were basically gonna kill you if they got close up. I admit the Genestealers models in game look a bit cartoonier than I would like but the mechanic works.

The bad reviews are odd, some are diehard board game fans who basically just want to play the boardgame, others are people not knowing the board game at all and pissed it is less of a computer game. Me, i see it has flaws but I enjoy the suspense and planning. Also, when Brother Scipio gunned down the last 8 'stealers on his own in the mission when you have to kill all the xenos or block the exits I was on the edge of my seat!!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 02:56 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyG View Post
Also, when Brother Scipio gunned down the last 8 'stealers on his own in the mission when you have to kill all the xenos or block the exits I was on the edge of my seat!!
Having Gideon on Guard and watching the constant cinematic things of his life or death is pretty intense. That guy is a beast when you leave him on Guard and blocking more sensitive spots.

Can't wait for more campaigns to be made available, for now I'm settled on trying to beat every mission on hard without losing a marine. I've always figured, you know...if you're going to say you've beaten a game....

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 03:01 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

I've only heard good about it, I want the game damnit. money where are you? (thanks for the jealusy Doelago)
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Subtle View Post
Do you guys like it? Its getting a bit of a flogging from game site reviews?
Most game reviewers flog anything that doesn't have the words call of duty in the title.

I ignore them.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-13, 03:00 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Beat it while we were in the dallas-ft. worth area during some of my free time. Loved it.

Doelago, sent you a friend request on steam. Name is... well its adeptusastartes921 because my normal username, DeathJester921 (as seen here), was already taken.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-13, 02:49 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

So almost a month after release what is the take on this game now? Bugs, glitches, patches all that stuff been worked out or were there any? Have any of you finished it? Was there mention of possible DLC? Is it replayable to you?

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-13, 02:58 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLkAwaY View Post
Bugs, glitches, patches all that stuff been worked out or were there any?
When the game was released it was buggy as hell, but really, since 1.1 I have not encountered any bugs at all.

Quote:
Have any of you finished it?
Yes, not exactly a long game

Quote:
Was there mention of possible DLC?
Brand new campaign should be released any week now.

Quote:
Is it replayable to you?
112 hours played according to Steam, and I am still loving it.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-13, 03:03 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
When the game was released it was buggy as hell, but really, since 1.1 I have not encountered any bugs at all.

Yes, not exactly a long game

Brand new campaign should be released any week now.

112 hours played according to Steam, and I am still loving it.
Are all the scenarios the same every time you play it or do they change?

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-13, 03:21 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

There are 3 "Prequel" and the 12 "Sin of Damnation" scenarios, and it‘s the same every time you play it. Against the A.I. it gets boring after a few rounds due to the lack of tactics, but playing online it stays interesting a lot longer. Map Editor also "coming soon", which should be interesting.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode