Advice on this pc setup - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-13, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Advice on this pc setup

So, my current pc is just under 3 years old now so it's about time i get around to updating. Having not paid attention to the pc component industry i am pretty much coming into this from scratch but i think i have put together a decent shopping list.

Cpu- i7 4770k
mobo- Asus z87 sabertooth
Gpu- ati 7950
Ram-Corsair Vengeance pro 1600
Hdd-1TB seagate barracuda
Sdd-samsung 120gb sata3 ssd
Cpu cooling- Coolermaster seidon 120m
Case- Aerocool 6th element

Any comments are appreciated

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-13, 09:55 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsmith7752 View Post
So, my current pc is just under 3 years old now so it's about time i get around to updating. Having not paid attention to the pc component industry i am pretty much coming into this from scratch but i think i have put together a decent shopping list.

Cpu- i7 4770k
mobo- Asus z87 sabertooth
Gpu- ati 7950
Ram-Corsair Vengeance pro 1600
Hdd-1TB seagate barracuda
Sdd-samsung 120gb sata3 ssd
Cpu cooling- Coolermaster seidon 120m
Case- Aerocool 6th element

Any comments are appreciated
everything is nice. really nice.... which OS are you planning... (AVOID 8) unless you have just wasted a ton of money on a touch monitor. the next computer i build with have the OS and things i want fast boots for on the SSD. Is that how you plan to use it? also, how many gb of RAM? don't forget your power source. also, out of curiosity, what will the total on this be?

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 09:10 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

You realize you have an Intel processor and AMD video card?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokis222 View Post
everything is nice. really nice.... which OS are you planning... (AVOID 8) unless you have just wasted a ton of money on a touch monitor. the next computer i build with have the OS and things i want fast boots for on the SSD. Is that how you plan to use it? also, how many gb of RAM? don't forget your power source. also, out of curiosity, what will the total on this be?
I will be using windows 7 and yes i will be using the ssd for boot. I'll be using the Corsair CX600 600w psu. not sure whether to go bigger or not and i'll be using 16GB's of ram. I was tempted to go overkill and get 32GB just so i could sit and evil laugh whenever i was at my pc.

The whole build costs £1256 from my local store that i am buying it from (free setup and repairs for life :D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
You realize you have an Intel processor and AMD video card?
Will i suffer performance for that? i was unaware that was a thing. I went for the radeon because my current card is a radeon and it has not failed me yet however my current processor is also amd.

Which Nvidea card do you recommend as an alternative?

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 06:15 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I would go with at least an 800 watt psu. If your getting a gaming GPU then those with a good proc will eat power.

Not really, I normally run an AMD proc with nvidia GPU. As far as video cards from nvidia.

Example: GTX 670
Gtx is a card type. Gtx are better then GT.

The 6 is the model series. Used to be synced to the year but that has changed. A 6xx is a newer card then a 5xx

The last 2 numbers is the quality. 90 is normally the best, 70 is a good gaming card, 50 is the lowest I would recommend for gaming and you will not be able to run higher end games on max.

Some cards have additional stuff like OC (over clocked) that follow the number.

I highly recommend PNY and ASUS nvidia cards: GTX 670+

One thing I will recommend is making sure your Northbridge matches the GPU. I ha e seen glitchy behavior from a mismatch.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode