More Online Games? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-13, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default More Online Games?

Looking at E3 this year see a lot more games that are going to be multiplayer online games e.g Tom Clancy's The Division. I liked this alot and was going too preorder but saw that I needed to play online and could not play in single player mode. Don't get wrong I don't mind online games however I just think that you should be able to play on your own.

What do guys think?

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444

Last edited by revilo44; 09-16-13 at 08:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-13, 04:28 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Games are changing, it's no different than when PS3s and 360s were in ascendancy that Split Screen on many games got dropped in favour of Online Multilayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 09:13 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

I believe online gaming is the way of the future in the sense that it offers more than a typical console, PC game would. Take for instance the growing trend of CO-OP Multiplayer that has been growing since the release of large "sandbox" style games. People want to play with freinds, and play with them in massive games like Skyrim where the only limit is the size and scope of the game. Future games like Tom Clancy's: Division, Metal Gear Solid V, Elder Scrolls Online, and even BF4 to an extent will define the future of gaming.

Also there is the fact of the Cloud, which offers more computing power for consoles than ever before. One problem with massive games is that they only fit on modern PC's, and generally are to powerful for console gaming. However people cannot afford those massively strong Desktops to play them, or hate the lag and loss of connection with PC gaming. With the next Gen consoles, and Dedicated Xbox One servers, I think you will see the rise of "Online Sandbox" games.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode