Battlefield 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-13, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!
Default Battlefield 4

All-Out War | Official Site

If you guys don't start drool and shit your pants at this amazing game play then I certainly will. The Multi-player Trailer was particularly epic and the All-Out_war really shows the level difference DICE Studios has taken this time round.

However I sadly found out Battlefield 4 will only have 64 players on the Xbox One

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-13, 08:29 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Problem with those trailers is that NO ONE* ever plays like that.

In reality people just run around in circles looking for something to kill while calling each other fags and spamming explosives at objectives. Meanwhile I am flying my helicopter upside down while my gunner is yelling at me that he cannot hit anything.

Will keep my pants on and wait to try the Beta before deciding whatever I get this one. Battlefield 3 was good, but EA Online kept screwing me over so hard that I don‘t have any particular interest in shoving 70€ down the drain on another shitty campaign and a few minutes of multiplayer.

*You and whatever five friends you claim do that do not count.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-13, 01:21 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

I would get it for campaign and co-op play. MP FPS games are dead to me. BF is COD the lines are blurred just as COD is BF. Rinse and repeat last years game with the same sh*tty story line, same sh*tty servers and then you have Origin...

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-13, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
In reality people just run around in circles looking for something to kill while calling each other fags and spamming explosives at objectives. Meanwhile I am flying my helicopter upside down while my gunner is yelling at me that he cannot hit anything.
Damn dude Don't know who you have been playing with but they must be amatuers and trolls hahahaha

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-13, 09:01 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you want to play like that, play Arma. If you want to play bunny hopping AA12 randomness, then play BF4.

Seriously, they just come out and release BFBC3. I want to go running around with my Red Dot Barrett Shotgun or Solid Slug Shotgun Sniper while launching reconballs and spamming mortar strikes.

I'm on the fence; after how shit the MoH:Warfighter campaign and BF3's diarrhoea of a campaign, I'll wait and see what the DLC's are like before I even consider launching into the ~£100 or so that it'll cost to get this game playing somewhat like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-13, 08:02 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

I'll give this game a chance if it allows two+ player/splitscreen offline mode with bots. Not a fan of buying shooter games just for their storyline, as I lack access to Xbox Live and have no intention of getting it any time soon. It looks awesome and all, but I'd much rather spend my money on something where the storyline's either going be long winded/something I'll want to play over & over again, or it'll have the aforementioned features. (Was the main reason I picked Black Ops 2 over BF3. Would have gone with BF3 hands down, but BO2 had offline multiplayer.

And yeah, I have a 360.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-13, 11:01 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
I'll give this game a chance if it allows two+ player/splitscreen offline mode with bots. Not a fan of buying shooter games just for their storyline, as I lack access to Xbox Live and have no intention of getting it any time soon. It looks awesome and all, but I'd much rather spend my money on something where the storyline's either going be long winded/something I'll want to play over & over again, or it'll have the aforementioned features. (Was the main reason I picked Black Ops 2 over BF3. Would have gone with BF3 hands down, but BO2 had offline multiplayer.

And yeah, I have a 360.
They really improved over BO with BO2 with making the bots able to play objectives. Adds a whole new level of playability to the game. About the only good thing InfinitySledgeArch has done.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLkAwaY View Post
They really improved over BO with BO2 with making the bots able to play objectives
While it's true they fixed bots, they still are over-powered and unbalanced. Additionally WalKAwaY BF4 is just a different style of game play to CODBOPs II. Saying that is like comparing Barney to Sesame Street.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 01:30 AM
Grr! That is all.

It is the same game in the sense of MP. The people that play it are the same ilk. When BF started to want to go the COD route to garner more people they opened the flood gate of douche baggery as all of the immature people from COD wanted to see what else they could ruin.

The same thing happened with Day Z the ArmA mod. When it first started out it was people in servers having fun and helping each other with surviving the Zombie hordes after an apocalypse. Then like a plague much of the forums I am on had people touting how fun it was to go into games of Day Z and just player kill to get their loot. And if anyone knows anything about Day Z, before they fixed it so you could lock your stuff to try and combat this you would lose everything you worked hours to collect. Think of it like playing Skyrim and gathering bada** weapons and then losing them or playing Borderlands 2 and losing the valuable weapons you gathered and worked for for your character. Hours of time put into a game and then it is stripped away. It would be very discouraging.

That is the mindset that plagues the FPS whether it be BF or COD. It is the community as a whole now where people do not work as a team in BF because they want to try and trick shot or be rambo, and people do not care about the objective in COD because they are selfish and crappy no skill players who have to use hiding perks and camping tactics to get kills while farming an objective mode game where others are trying to lay the game mode.

Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 06-30-13 at 01:34 AM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 02:07 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I've had very different experiences in Battlefield than you then, WaLkAwaY. Then again, I always play games like that in a party, but rarely have I ever seen someone try to pull a rambo, or try to trick shot, or any of that other CoD noob shit. Usually, even if it doesn't look like it, most people getting ahead of the team are supported by players that set up further back. Snipers and machine gunners that found good spots to set up, etc. In just about every Battlefield multiplayer game i've been in, people have tended to work together. In those games, you can tell who is a CoD player because they constantly rush in and die every 10 seconds and they are the ones that are made fun of the most.... then they complain that the game is crappy. Nope, they just suck.

Ah well, some people have better luck than others at landing in better matches. Spamming explosives, however, was a constant problem that I did experience.... annoying shit.....

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode