Battlefield 4 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 04:31 AM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
you can tell who is a CoD player because they constantly rush in and die every 10 seconds and they are the ones that are made fun of the most.... then they complain that the game is crappy. Nope, they just suck.
That in itself is not indicative of a COD player. I rush all the time in any FPS I play because I think the worst thing you can do for your team and yourself is camp or be a slow player. I was also really good at COD and BF both took a different approach to my play style but I rushed in both games. What I got tired of was as you mentioned the constant irritating things that people do. On top of that what makes it worse is the fact that many people do these things for no other reason than to make everyone elses time playing the game as crappy as they can.

Until game developers go back to giving the end user the ability to run ranked fully customizable end user dedicated servers that the end user can either rent from whomever they want or run from their house I am content with co-op and campaign. And since that will not happen again I play other types of games or against the computer.

I cut my teeth on Q2, UT, RvS and a few others. The FPS community at that time was a far better community than it is now. Back then people were shamed and made to leave servers for doing dbag things now they are encouraged and there are even youtube channels on how to piss people off the most in any given game.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 08:21 AM

cardyfreak's Flag is: United Kingdom

My bf3 experience was a mixed one in terms of quality. I loved the game, I must've banged in over 400 hours before my ps3 shit itself, but the best multiplayers were always with a squad of mates. A lot of the maps just weren't suitable for 24 players. You'd spend half your time looking for groups of two people that you got bored and ended up kamikaze-ing jets into stuff. The only good maps for console were grand bazaar, metro, Seine, B2K DLC, cq DLC and a couple of random ones from other packs. Armoured Kill was gash. End game was hoop. Aftermath was decent. But they just made it more like COD to be honest, but with the ability to BE the air strikes.
I stopped buying COD after MW2 and haven't played any since, I'm definitely a BF man now. And I can see what DICE are trying to do with the franchise, I honestly believe they're trying to stand out from the other games in the crowd and I've had some of the most fun I've ever had online playing bf3. Once, I swatted three choppers and a jet out of the sky in my tank from firing five rounds. I only missed once. It was hilarious. Another time I was on caspian border trying to evade a chopper in my tank. It was towards the end of the game and I was near that massive mast. The chopper was so busy trying to kill me he didn't see the mast blow up and start to fall. It smashed straight into him, I was howling with laughter, then I realised the mast was heading straight for me; I gunned it into reverse and the mast crashed down literally in-game inches from the front of my tank. It was honestly one of the most exhilarating moments I've ever had on a computer game. It's moments like that which set bf apart from cod. And those moments are the ones I remember, not all the team killing and inadequate chopper support!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-13, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

So, how many of you will be getting this game when it arrives on Xbox One? I'm looking to form a team of players who want to play the Team type games in large number. Send me a PM if your interested and well talk.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode