Microsofts answer wont win any fans - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Microsofts answer wont win any fans

think the guy needs a lesson in PR

You?re Not Wrong, Microsoft, You?re Just An Asshole | TechCrunch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 09:06 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

They won‘t be getting any of my money, that‘s for sure.

Sony does not even need to do anything anymore. Microsoft is pulling corporate suicide all by themselves. Anything more is just kicking them on the balls.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

i love the X-Box, i like the games and the way it plays but there is no way that i will be spending money on thier new console, apprently they are bringing out another 360 for those who cannot or do not want the Xbox One...

however after reading that, they lost the E3 conferance and it gave Sony a massive PR cue...wonder if that idiot will go to work tommorow or next week and find his desk cleared.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 10:30 PM

Zerodyme619's Flag is: Germany

I have never been a Xbox Fan, but as Ben Kuchera put it: "This isn't a PR fight, it's straight up murder." And Microsoft is clearly not capable of proper damage control...
I don't know if I'm willing to get a PS4 yet, as I have a pretty powerful PC, and I have not seen nearly enough exclusives, to justify a new console. Maybe in a few years, with more FinalFantasy and other nice stuff, but as far as the launch goes: I think I will sit this one out.

But while I am here, maybe someone can help me/explain something to me:
Clearly, Nintendo was not really aggressive at this years E3. And many reporters and fans are actually really grumpy about that (and of course, the 17 year old "Nintendo should stop making Consoles!!1!" Discussion is coming back up).
But for me, this actually seems like a better strategic move: Even if they had dropped a Mario and Zelda (or maybe Metroid) "Double Bomb" for the WiiU, there is no way that they could have created more banter, than the two new consoles.
So isn't it smarter for them, to keep it low, announce some new (pretty cool btw) games, and bring out the big guns during the next Gamescom or any other event, when there isn't quite as much fuzz about the competition? Or does this just make sense in my head? ;)

Contrary to popular opinion, the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'fact'.

All generalizations are false.

Last edited by Zerodyme619; 06-12-13 at 10:40 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 10:44 PM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
They won‘t be getting any of my money, that‘s for sure.

Sony does not even need to do anything anymore. Microsoft is pulling corporate suicide all by themselves. Anything more is just kicking them on the balls.

The Moment Sony Won E3
Jack Motherfucking Tretton, everyone.

If your competitor wins E3 by saying they will NOT be doing what you are doing, then you know you made a mistake somewhere.

Last edited by Iron Angel; 06-12-13 at 10:47 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 11:19 PM
The Curmudgeon

jonileth's Flag is: USA

As an avid gamer, and someone who had planned to get the PS4 from the start, I've got to say that taking everything I like about a console, and just doing a major overhaul of graphics and other shiny things without tying me to a broadband modem if I feel the need to get the fuck out of town for a while and yet still play that game I like... that's a success in marketing. Sony didn't win by being anti-Microsoft. They won because they actually WANT people to play games, enjoy the system, and then share with others. You don't make a game console a tether. When you do that, it stops being fun.

Back in my day, when Nintendo first came out (Yes, the original Nintendo that you had to give the game cartridge a blow job to get the bitch to work) and I got one, that sombitch got passed around more than a hooker on military payday. I took that bitch everywhere. I could go to the video store (when VHS still existed) and rent games. I could borrow them from the other kids who had Nintendo. I could do all the shit that Microsoft is now trying to get rid of.

So yeah, an old fart like me... I hate change. And this change is bad. Fuck Microsoft in their big dumb asses. Sony, you da man, bro!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 11:19 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

My issue is that Xbox basically said, "Your favorite titels will be avalaible for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Even though we want you to buy the expensive new device of ours, we will release most of our new games on the 360 as well; and we made an even better version of it.

I mean holy clusterfuck. The Xbox team was pure hypocritical this year. Sheesh. That being said, PS4 didn't really impress me either. Sure there work was already done for them by the sstupidity of the Microsoft PR Team, but they had little else to their WOW factor.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-13, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Microsoft need to do some serious Customer Relations work after this. I had the original PS when it came out and was a big PS fan and refused to even pay the extortionate price of the original X-box when it came out, also had a SNES and a Nintendo 64 but eventually i gave in and got an X-box and when i could afford it an X-Box 360.

i don't mind the PS i just prefer the X-Box but i refuse to pay that amount of money for a console no matter who makes them, its totally ridiculous in the climate at the moment, but both companies know that the consoles will sell. However Sony won that one, after watching Doelago's clip Microsoft really need to take a lesson from Sony on getting the clientele behind you.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-13, 06:54 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

I hold no loyalty to Sony or Apple or any other tech company. I'll go with the best product for my needs and how I feel about the company. If Apple comes out tomorrow and says that the next iPhone will be made from a seal skin you can bet your life I won't be buying a new one when my current one dies. Microsoft are seemingly run by idiots atm frankily, they've managed to fuck up the PR for the Xbox One every time. Hellooooooo PS4 in my future.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-13, 01:57 AM

Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA

Microsoft needs to completely rethink how it approaches PR. I'd say that they've gotten so used to being people's only option that they don't remember what to do when the success of their product rests on their ability to react to their market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Yup, that sounds about right. The only faction who are a bigger bunch of backstabbers than the Imperium are the Eldar (and this is debatable as the Eldar only stab OTHER factions in the back).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode