New Warhammer 40k mmorpg announced - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-13, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

cubebus's Flag is: Bosnia Herzegovina

Default New Warhammer 40k mmorpg announced

Thats right, a new Warhammer 40k mmorpg has been announced this year at E3, Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade. Here is their site Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade

Didn't see any threads mentioning it, so i guess it's alright letting ya all know There isn't alot of info yet, but im excited :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-13, 11:52 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's not going to work.

Space Marine failed, WAR failed.

Stick with the big battles; you've got Total War: Warhammer Fantasy and potentially Dawn of War 3 soon. Stick with them. They'd get more out of rebooting the Homeworld franchise but for Battlefleet Gothic.

RPG's just don't capture the scale of Warhammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-13, 11:56 PM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

Behaviour Interactive and Games Workshop® proudly announce a new online game in the Warhammer® 40,000® universe: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade. Behaviour Interactive has obtained the rights to create a wholly new MMORPG persistent war experience for PC, PS4 and Xbox One set in Games Workshop's universe of the 41st Millennium. In the game, players choose a Warhammer 40,000 race and fight directly as one of their warriors in massive conflicts for territory. It will be up to each faction's community to determine their own destiny as they vie for control of an entire planet.

"I am thrilled to announce what will finally be the first MMORPG based on the Warhammer 40,000 license," said Miguel Caron, Head of Studio, Online at Behaviour Interactive. "Eternal Crusade's team are all MMO development veterans and with the support of Behaviour's 20+ years of experience this is going to be the online Warhammer 40,000 universe game that fans have been dreaming of for years!"
"Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is the second milestone in Behaviours new online strategic positioning after last year's Star Citizen Announcement." said Rémi Racine, President and Executive Producer of Behaviour. "We are very happy with the progress of the online studio and you should expect more similar announcements to come."

"The depth, breadth and sheer level of detail that the Warhammer 40,000 universe has after 26 years of continuous development makes it one of the great fantasy settings of our times." said Jon Gillard, Head of Licensing at Games Workshop. "Experiencing the thrill of first hand combat in this world of eternal conflict, with thousands of other players beside you, will be fantastic."

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is currently in development for PC, PS4, and Xbox One and will release in late 2015.

Main features of the game include:
Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers;

Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;

Become a warrior from one of four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks and Eldar.

Participate in truly massive conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.

Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium;

Hack through genuinely challenging procedural content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience twice;

Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit - then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory!

Source:
Join the Eternal Crusade(TM) Starting in 2015
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-13, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

cubebus's Flag is: Bosnia Herzegovina

well i agree that WAR was a fail, but it was also pretty much a a warhammer skin for WoW :/

i wouldn't say Space Marine failed, i loved it.. atleast the single player campaign. And it sold alot, and was one of the biggest THQ selling games. As awesome as DoW and Total War is, they are another genre. It potrays the scale of warhammer well, but it just can't make me feel like a Space Marine. Which is what an rpg can, sadly it's an mmorpg. Would have been better if it was just an rpg imo :/

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 12:03 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Look slike it might be cool. I'll certainly be giving it a go when it turns up.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
It's not going to work.

Space Marine failed, WAR failed.

Stick with the big battles; you've got Total War: Warhammer Fantasy and potentially Dawn of War 3 soon. Stick with them. They'd get more out of rebooting the Homeworld franchise but for Battlefleet Gothic.

RPG's just don't capture the scale of Warhammer.
Space marine had a perfect campaign It's only failure was multiplayer. They should have focused on exterminatus imagine being a dreadnought fighting hordes of orks.

Or imagine a tyranid or necron DLC pack.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 01:49 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Looks badass. I'm down.

I still play Space Marine as often as I can, Exterminatus is great even if it is only two normal levels and one 'Chaos Unleashed' level.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 06:46 AM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

I may try it. But why don't just have a single player rpg instead of a mmo.

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 01:05 PM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

I'm going to keep an eye on this MMO, it might be worth it. If its a generic MMO with a lightly 40k themed style, I might pass.

Space Marine was a good single player game, the multiplayer was a bit meh though.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 11:11 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

So................this is Dark Millenium being finished and pumped out right? Same game or is this a totally different game.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode